1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Negative Balance In PayPal.

Discussion in 'PayPal' started by Tor, Sep 18, 2007.

I received some money from a buyer in my PayPal and I withdrew the money. Thus my PayPal balance is "0" (zero).

Then I got a dispute and refund request from the buyer.

After a few days PayPal decided in favour of the buyer and my PayPal balance became negative (-x).

But my question is, as I did not have any balance in my PayPal and my balance became negative (-x), will the buyer get a refund ? i.e. Will the buyer's PayPal account show the money which he paid me ?

Tor.

Tor, Sep 18, 2007 IP
  2. Hellfire81

Hellfire81 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, the buyer got back his money. The same happened to me once for 6000$ all in all. Bad thing! Hope the amount was not that big.

regards

Hellfire81, Sep 18, 2007 IP
  3. Terano

Terano Banned

Best Answers:
    May be you can contact paypal for this problem.
    Just my opinion.

Cheers..

Terano, Sep 18, 2007 IP
  4. buffalo

buffalo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    You should probably put enough money into your paypal to bring the balance back up to zero... I don't know what Paypal will do to you for having a negative balance, but I bet it will involve some big fees...

buffalo, Sep 18, 2007 IP
  5. Sana Hayat

Sana Hayat Peon

Best Answers:
    i think u should try to get a new paypal account.So paypal will not make a charge.Its just a suggestion so don't make it as an issue.
    But still if u want to use the same account then paypal will bring ur account to zero with the time u get money in it.
    And i think if for a specific time u didn't added funds to it then paypal will charge ur credit card.I will suggest u to remove ur credit card from ur paypal account as soon as possible.
    If u don't know how to do then PM me.
    Or login to ur account and add a vcc o ur credit card section in ur profile.And make the vcc card as primary and remove the origional credit card.And paypal aalways charge the primary card.
    Hope it will be helpful for u.

Sana Hayat, Sep 18, 2007 IP
  6. landofsmiles

landofsmiles Guest

Best Answers:
    Hi Tor,

Sorry I haven't had the chance to reply to your question before now. I have suffered with a negative balance for similar reasons and I'm afraid to say there's only one way to rectify it, by adding funds to the affected Paypal account to clear the negative balance.

When you go into a negative balance on Paypal, irrespective of the circumstances, it's not the same as having a limited account. With an account that is NOT limited, but shows a negative balance, you can use the account as you normally would, but need to address the problem of the negative balance before sending money anywhere.

Once Paypal have made their mind up on a dispute, they've made up their mind, unless you have a lot of time on your hands and a decent lawyer and funds to file a lawsuit, Paypal will almost definitely not overturn the decision. It sucks, yes, but this is the reality.

You'll have to bite the bullet, add funds to the account to clear the negative balance and use this as some experience.

As far as opening as new Paypal account is concerned, it's against the Paypal T&C's and if they find out you'll account will be limited. *Please note according to the Paypal T&C's you are allowed to have one personal/premier account and one business account.

You will notice that Paypal warn you that if you don't return the negative balance back to zero very quickly they will limit your account soon, that's not true, while they may warn you of this, they don't. It takes them around 3/4 months, sometimes even longer to actually limit and block any accounts showing a negative balance.

Hope this information was helpful to you.

landofsmiles, Sep 19, 2007 IP
  7. priyakochin

priyakochin Banned

Best Answers:
    But if we are not paying the money to paypal what happens ?

priyakochin, Sep 19, 2007 IP
  8. Hellfire81

Hellfire81 Peon

Best Answers:

If the account is in real info you should definitely top up the account as you will have to pay in the end and I would do as fast as possible then because fees etc. will go up after some time.

Hellfire81, Sep 19, 2007 IP
  9. Tor

Tor Guest

Best Answers:
    Tnx guys/gals for your very informative answers, but my questions is as follows. Plz answer it.

Tor, Sep 19, 2007 IP
  10. Abhiindia

Abhiindia Peon

Best Answers:
    Thats right. Buyers account got the amount even you have noting in your account. That amount was payable by paypal's buyer protection policy regardless you have money in ur account or not.

Abhiindia, Sep 19, 2007 IP
  11. tackika

tackika Peon

Best Answers:
    Didn't Paypal ask you to top up your paypal account or ask you to pay them back? Tell me what they do, I have heard Paypal getting collection agencies to collect back what's owed to them and some even received warnings to pay back or else face a lawsuit against them. I know that sometime the decisions can be real unfair towards the seller

tackika, May 9, 2009 IP
  12. arvind0646

arvind0646 Peon

Best Answers:
    I got $40 day before and transferred it to my bank account. Due to some problem with paypal the $40 refunded to my buyers account. I got $40 negative balance. Is this a problem.

arvind0646, Feb 5, 2010 IP
  13. Azkaban

Azkaban Peon

Best Answers:
    Welcome to the group..

http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=1681660

Azkaban, Feb 5, 2010 IP
  14. mrojan

mrojan Peon

Best Answers:
    Okay, this is a really great discussion, and I would like to be pat of it too.

I have a verified paypal account linked to both my debit card and my bank account. I got funds from someone, which in turn have 2 accounts on the same name but with two different email addresses (yahoo and gmail). Now, after 24 hours, It seemed that the money is good to go and there are no issues presented by that time, I went to withdraw the money through my bank account. It usually takes me 3 to 4 days to withdraw the money. After 3 days and over the weekend, that's 5 days in all, I went to check on paypal and surprised and really shocked that I got a notice of having a negative balance of the same amount of that I withdrew.

I am planning to fund my paypal account, even if it costs me an arm and a leg for this, to get my balance back to zero (0). Please tell me if I am making a good decision here.
    What happens if I just create another paypal account? will that also solve my problem?

Also, I contacted the person that sent me the funds. It seemed that he did not receive a refund of his money and his money got held instead. It seems that paypal held the money and at the same time withdrew the same money to my bank account and flagged my paypal account with a negative balance. It does not appear logical to me about paypal's actions, but it happened.

Is paypal going to delete my account for having a negative balance? Am I going to be sued me for it?

Any response is much appreciated.

mrojan, Jul 14, 2010 IP
  15. alex_ro2

alex_ro2 Peon

Best Answers:
    No you will nto be sued for this :p and will not delete your account

alex_ro2, Jul 21, 2010 IP
  16. maometto

maometto Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi there.

What happen if I leave my Paypal account with a negative amount forever? What action do Paypal take on me in future?Any lawyer involves or is there a collection agency will chase after me?

maometto, Apr 21, 2012 IP
  17. selfdefense

selfdefense Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hmmm....I just knew this was possible as it.

selfdefense, Apr 22, 2012 IP
  18. Harry J

Harry J Peon

Best Answers:
    I am 15 years old, from the UK and have recently found out my paypal balance has become -£900 and I cannot close my account or remove my card. What action will be taken from PayPal and what should be my response? I am wonerding if I can contact them and get my account closed because in the UK it is not legal to hold debt till 18 but I am unsure of the steps I need to take.
    Any response/advice will be appreciated.

Harry J, Jun 23, 2014 IP