1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I've been scammed! Please help!

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by liamwilson22, Sep 17, 2007.

I bought a MySpace account through myspacetrader.com and i paid $300 for it. He provided proof that he had it and even sent me a message from it! Though once i paid he sent me and email saying "you've just been pwned!".

Luckily i paid through paypal using my credit card so i did a chargeback and got all the funds back. Though i don't want this to happen to other people. I want to take legal action, is this possible?

I want to see this guy in court! Bloody scammers!

liamwilson22, Sep 17, 2007 IP
  2. realmuscle

realmuscle Peon

Best Answers:
    Got an IP?

realmuscle, Sep 17, 2007 IP
  3. JustinG

JustinG Peon

Best Answers:
    Get his IP address from the host of the site, and then look for his home phone and address and get in contact with the local authorities. No one likes begin scammed.

JustinG, Sep 17, 2007 IP
  4. FastWeb

FastWeb Peon

Best Answers:
    It depends on which country you live in and which country the scammer lives in. If he used the term "pwned", he's probably some 16 year old punk-ass American little shit who thinks he can get away with this crap (before anyone flames me, I'm an American).

Find out where the guy lives, and if both you and he are Americans, you can file a police report. It's essentially wire fraud, which is a federal felony with lengthy jail times as sentences. If you want to make his life hard, keep pushing it until they arrest him, then testify against him in court.

FastWeb, Sep 17, 2007 IP
  5. tanujdude91

tanujdude91 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I dont think that he wouldnt have hidden his IP , even an idiot will do that .

tanujdude91, Sep 17, 2007 IP
  6. bigpapa

bigpapa Banned

Best Answers:
    I would just be glad that you got your money back. Im surprised because PayPal usually does not cover any digital or non tangible goods.

bigpapa, Sep 17, 2007 IP
  7. n3o_the_on3

n3o_the_on3 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think the money has gone, scammers spam from some free or paid hosting site with php mailer ( php mailer comes with attachment and picture supported) . So whatever if you report to whom it may concern they just could block the account of the hosting.I just need to be more careful in future .

n3o_the_on3, Sep 18, 2007 IP
  8. Slincon

Slincon Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    sorta unrelated, but you bought a myspace account? Why would you that when it's free? I'm guessing for the PR or # of friends it had - but still, $300 for a myspace account seems a little odd but then again maybe I'm missing something.

Slincon, Sep 21, 2007 IP
  9. infogle

infogle Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Write to paypal each and every detail each and every communication you have done with this guy.... before and after the payment and submit all the documents to paypal. iam sure they will take care very good care of him....

and do contact paypal on phone support for instant approach...

Hope this helps....

infogle, Sep 21, 2007 IP
  10. Killermule

Killermule Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    paypal has increased there 'lookovers' with digital products. They are looking into more and more digital scamming cases and closing many accounts now because of it.

For one of my directories someone complained that they did not receive there paid link (24 hrs after paying for it). Paypal froze my account adn then realised the guy was an idiot so they unfroze mine and closed/deleted his :p

Just keep an eye out as with everything going digital there are only gonna be more scammers....

Killermule, Sep 22, 2007 IP
  11. PalmIslands

PalmIslands Peon

Best Answers:
    Well you buy Myspace accounts to spam people (this makes you a spammer, the most hated people on the web), which is very unethical to say the least, so move on, you got your money back after all.

PalmIslands, Sep 22, 2007 IP
  12. manakill2000

manakill2000 Peon

Best Answers:
    i hope i'm not on your friends list :p

manakill2000, Sep 22, 2007 IP
  13. Gomar

Gomar Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Ya thats surprise me too, cause I had a simliar sitution but never got my money back.

Gomar, Sep 22, 2007 IP
  14. chant

chant Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Wow if that is true then it's about time! The number of horror stories that I have read on here about Paypal not caring about someone getting scammed by selling virtual goods has been astonishing. I have always thought that if Paypal really cared they would have thought up a solution.

chant, Sep 22, 2007 IP
  15. FullPower

FullPower Peon

Best Answers:
    In the last 6 months I've been scammed out of $2000. I was so angry that I decided to do something about it and I got my money back!! I wrote up some tips if you've been scammed and I have them posted on my website. Since I don't want to violate any rules, I won't post my site here. Send me an email and I'll see if I can help!

FullPower, Sep 14, 2011 IP
  16. Sharpwebhosting

Sharpwebhosting Member

Best Answers:
    I understand your frustration, but at 300 dollars is it worth it to get a lawyer and go to court?

Sharpwebhosting, Sep 14, 2011 IP
  17. arcadegrab

arcadegrab Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with this. You have to think, court will take time, money, and cause stress. Better off to learn from it and move on.

arcadegrab, Sep 14, 2011 IP
  18. alexdoerr

alexdoerr Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey all, check the thread date. It is too old thread and OP is banned already. I wonder how people start replying to such old threads.

It is not a good practice to scam anyone. Very few scammers are taken upto the court. So, they enjoy to scam others to make self living.

alexdoerr, Sep 14, 2011 IP
  19. rare

rare Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    First of all Its your Fault that you go unethical way to increase Friend List, As per myspace policy Buying / Selling account is not allowed
    Just because people are trying unethical ways this myspacetrader.com kind of websites are able to make them fool and grab their money

rare, Sep 14, 2011 IP
  20. tupacmo

tupacmo Peon

Best Answers:
    thats too bad, but atleast you got your money back...plus lawyers are super expensive especially fraud ones

tupacmo, Sep 15, 2011 IP