1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

It's official Google has opened up a can of whoop ass on directories

Discussion in 'Directories' started by Dave E, Sep 2, 2007.

1. workshop

workshop Guest

Best Answers:
    I don't think there is a discernable pattern. Although I would like to believe that Google has picked out those directory owners who they really want to talk to and the only remaining question is whether they are listening to whats being said.

All they need to do is to acknowledge that "mistakes" were made in the past and to commit themselves to tidying up and running a clean business in future.

workshop, Sep 17, 2007 IP
  2. popotalk

popotalk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Ok then so don't drag me in :rolleyes: and be sure to look for some more sites that are not banned with GOOD CONTENT or have taken the Time to ADD for better RESULTS.

It's better to ask Jeff himself or Rand Fishkin or Matt Cutts or best of all try Google itself WHY ?
    WHY OH WHY we got F*** in this kind of situation WHY?

btw ask jg123 if he knows something too about a member with a good rep in this forum who has made some deceptions selling sites with drop domains :rolleyes::D

popotalk, Sep 17, 2007 IP
  3. kojakfilth

kojakfilth Notable Member

Best Answers:
    kojakfilth, Sep 17, 2007 IP
    Instigator likes this.
  4. minstrel

minstrel Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    When I talk about heavy interlinking, I'm not talking about a total of three domains. I do that on my little network of sites too. That's a far cry from the "I'll scratch your (multiple) backs if you scratch mine" that was going on among many of these directories.

Jude can buy links. So can you if you wish. And Google can nullify the PR value of those links.

But that's also missing the point. It's the open link selling for PR benefit and the excessive link buying that differentiates the worst offenders from those who weren't hit or who were hit less severely.

I agree, especially with the highlighted part above.

minstrel, Sep 17, 2007 IP
  5. popotalk

popotalk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It's so funny to see people who at one time brought Dirsensei down by different kinds of accusations and ridicule. That they don't even know at those times I was doing something to make the GOOD WEBSITES of THE WEB get more strength by giving out quality back link strength for them as a contribution.

Instead of the usual pimping and whoring of their directories. :rolleyes:

6. mikey1090

mikey1090 Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Minstrel asked for examples of sites that bought text links and interlinked without getting banned. Yours was one of them.

As for the member of DP with good rep, who sold directories on dropped domains, that was me. You may as well have just said it.

When you were a kid, you probably used to play with toys. But now you dont. Times change and so do people.

When i first came to DP i used to make directories on dropped domains. Why? because i saw nothing wrong in it. I never made paid directories, and i always built backlinks to them. Now i have changed. Just like when you no longer want to play with toys, i no longer use dropped domains. I decided having PR4 was a head start and would give me more traffic if i posted PR4 free directory. And i was right. It did. That was why i did it. Why do you think i now run free directories on proper keyword rich domains? I have learnt and times have changed.

I am well aware that jg123 has probably told you about little stupid mikey1090 who sold directories on dropped domains. He was the one who visited my sitepoint auction and asked me the day i sold them. Perhaps next time he lets you know things like this, you should ask if little mikey1090 allowed spam sites to be added....or if little mikey1090 left descriptions and keyword stuffed sites in the directory....

mikey1090, Sep 17, 2007 IP
  7. KingNomar

KingNomar Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    that really sucks

KingNomar, Sep 17, 2007 IP
  8. Lexiseek

Lexiseek Banned

Best Answers:
    Good to see you're learning the difference between right and wrong.

Lexiseek, Sep 17, 2007 IP
  9. popotalk

popotalk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    And you gave mine as an example ( Very Pathetic of you); why afraid of the much bigger fishes that escaped the wrath other than me ? :rolleyes:

In reality your even afraid to mention about a site of a family clan in this forum because of FEAR of being squabbled. :D

But I think Google is aware of my back links as it is so EASY for them to EXTRACT any information.

10. Lexiseek

Lexiseek Banned

Best Answers:
    Apparently there's a difference between doing it and over-doing it. You haven't overdone it :)

11. minstrel

Best Answers:
    Your original question was, "Why me when others haven't been hit?".

Perhaps you've answered your own question here. Perhaps you should ask yourself, "What else have I been doing that's not quite above board?".

And no, I don't need an answer. You do.

12. Lexiseek

Lexiseek Banned

Best Answers:
    "Little Mikey" likes learning lessons the hard way, apparently.

13. mikey1090

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Why is it pathetic of me? I was browsing your site at the time, thats why i gave you as an example. Perhaps if you read my post i said it had nothing to do with the owner.

I am not afraid of anyone. I will happily give 3 other directories that buy links.

14. popotalk

popotalk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I dare you to that and make sure you specify the things including the name and links;). :p

15. mikey1090

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    How many would you like to know about? 3 come to mind but im sure i can dig deeper.

16. popotalk

popotalk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Oh for the love of Buddha just spit it out and don't hold on and lets see if Little Mikey had grown to be a man or man enough. ;)

17. minstrel

Best Answers:
    Now don't you be dragging poor Buddha into this. Little Mikey got into this mess all by himself and Buddha isn't going to help him get out of it.

18. mikey1090

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Ok. Just some stuff first

i am giving you links to directories that bought paid text links on high PR sites, and did not get penalised by google. this has nothing to do with content, empty categories, inter-linking, selling PR not review fee.

I also am not patheticly naming these, the sites listed are the best examples i could find. It has nothing to do with the owner, the owners family, or anything i have to do with the owners. It is entirely a directory that wasnt banned even tho they bought links. The directories shown are great directories, with owners that work hard. They have good additional content and rank high in google. However, they have bought high PR links...

www.gii.in
    www.romow.com
    www.dirjournal.com
    www.linksjuice.com

19. popotalk

popotalk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Nice retort of facts and play safe. The moral of the lesson is some people are not ripe and ready yet. You don't have to do this you know. You just made a joke of yourself. ;)

Have a great day and I'm outta here. :D

20. amitpatel_3001

amitpatel_3001 Results Follow Patience

Best Answers:
    Did you forget BOTW? :rolleyes:
    When a child fails his exam his answer is question paper was hard, but wont accept that he didnt study , so better stop bringing meaning less points here and better accept your mistakes.

amitpatel_3001, Sep 17, 2007 IP