1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

apahcinc.org ripoff?

Discussion in 'Directories' started by EducationLinks, Sep 14, 2007.

1. EducationLinks

EducationLinks Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Dude, what in the bloody hell are you talking about? It's not rocket science. I didn't shoot JFK. There is no mysterious conspiracy. I paid $59.95 for a listing in apahcinc.org. My link disappeared, without a notification email. I eventually discovered that the link was missing, at which time I processed the first of THREE (3) contact form submissions at apahcinc.org, at regular intervals, over an extended period. I received no response to any of those contacts, which led me to post this thread, asking for advice.

I found out that Jeff owns apahcinc.org after I posted this thread.

Bottom line: Jeff removed the link without emailing me, and then called me a liar in this thread, without providing any evidence. End of story. I am now waiting for Jeff to PM me the proof that he emailed me notification of removal and to justify defaming my character in public.

EducationLinks, Sep 16, 2007 IP
  2. EveryQuery

EveryQuery Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    ........................................ __........ ........................................ .......... ...
    .................................,-~*`¯lllllll`*~,......................... .......... ..............
    ...........................,-~*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll¯`*-,....................................
    ......................,-~*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllll*-,.............................
    ..................,-*lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllll lllll.\............................
    ................;*`lllllllllllllllllllll llllll,-~*~-,llllllllllllllllllll\.................. .........
    ................\lllllllllllllllllllllll llll/...........\;;;;llllllllllll,-`~-,.........................
    .................\lllllllllllllllllllll, -*.............`~-~-,...(.(¯`*,`,.........................
    ...................\llllllllllll,-~*........................)_-\..*`*;..)...........................
    .....................\,-*`¯,*`)............,-~*`~................../..............................
    .....................|/.../.../~,......-~*,-~*`;.................../.\..............................
    .................../.../..../..../..,-,..*~,.`*~*..................*...\...... .......... .............
    ...................|.../.../..../.*`...\................................) ....)¯`~,. ...................
    ...................|./..../..../........).........)`*~-,............../.....|..)...`~-,..............
    .................././.../....,*`-,.....`-,....*`....,---......\...../...../..|..........¯```*~-,,,,
    .................(............)`*~-,.....`*`.,-~*.,-*.......|.../..../..../...............\..........
    ..................*-,.......`*-,...`~,..``.,,,-*.............|.,*...,*....|............ .....\.... .....
    ......................*,.........`-,....)-,..................,-*`...,-*.....(`-,..............\........
    ........................f`-,........`-,/...*-,___,,-~*.....,-*......|....`-,...............\.......

EveryQuery, Sep 16, 2007 IP
    tmeyer45458 and iceberg like this.
  3. workshop

workshop Guest

Best Answers:
    I assume you are saying that you bought a link on his site? If not why should he mail you to tell you he is removing your site? All the rest is between you and him. :)

workshop, Sep 16, 2007 IP
  4. sizzler_chetan

sizzler_chetan Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    The link sold was permanent i believe right? When a listing is removed the owner should be notified.
    I had removed a few listings and also refunded the amount but i was just asked why i removed and the mistake i made was not emailing them the reason of deletion of the link.
    If jeff really hasn't sent a mail regarding this, i believe this would be just bad business practice, and what EducationLinks is claiming is right.

sizzler_chetan, Sep 16, 2007 IP
    tmeyer45458 and EducationLinks like this.
  5. EducationLinks

Best Answers:
    Yes, it was a "permanent" link.

Jeff changed the directory to "yearly" before removing my listing.

6. workshop

workshop Guest

Best Answers:
    Fine so he was buying links and is now bleating because he was refunded. Does he not understand that the directory owner is panicking and has a hell of a lot more to worry about. Cant he give him some room and recognise that in the circumstances its unreasonable to expect Jeff to personally inform everyone he is removing from his directories. At least he is refunding them and acknowledges that he was selling links.

Isn't this just a fall out amongst thieves and nothing more than a personal spat?

7. SasaVtec

SasaVtec Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Guys come on leave the poor guy alone, he was just trying to be a smart one by posting in long and "smart" words/wording.

Boy who do you think you are? He issued you a refund, and before even making sure you had gotten it you start this thread.

How sad.

SasaVtec, Sep 16, 2007 IP
    iceberg likes this.
  8. EducationLinks

Best Answers:
    Drop dead, dirtbag.

Blogmaster likes this.
  9. EducationLinks

Best Answers:
    I couldn't have typed it better myself. Indeed, you are quite sad, as you have posted without reading the facts in previous posts.

Do yourself a favor--don't read all of my "long and smart" words. God forbid, you become educated.

Just go back to suckling on Jeff's man-teet. Would you follow him off a cliff, too? For goodness' sake, grow a pair, be your own man, and let Jeff explain his position. He doesn't need your undying, mindless loyalty, and I couldn't possibly care any less about your uneducated opinion.

10. workshop

workshop Guest

Best Answers:
    What is education? Is it not an ability to understand and come to terms with the world around you? If it is you appear to be battling in this department.

On what basis do you believe you have a right to being notified? I know its already been said but I would just like to hear it from you just one more time. And if you say it loud enough "you know who" might also get to hear. I suppose thats good enough reason to remain faceless. :p

11. EducationLinks

Best Answers:
    I'll bury you any day of the week.

When I pay $59.95 for a link, the owner should have the decency to email me if he/she decides to delete it. It seems that 90% of people agree with me, so you (NRLMedia and workshop) obviously have very few supporters.

You are both immature idiots who continue to issue personal attacks and take threads off-topic, even after being asked not to do so several times.

sizzler_chetan likes this.
  12. EducationLinks

Best Answers:
    "Backfiring" how, exactly? It seems that at least 90% of people agree with me, publicly and, more substantially, via PM.

Suggestion for NRLMedia:
    Why don't you spend more time on trying to improve your worthless, overpriced directory that STILL contains nothing but PR0 sub-pages (even after the latest PR update, prior to which you falsely assured buyers that overpaying for your cheap junk should be considered "an investment"), instead of trying to start trouble in threads that do not concern you in the least?

Take your personal gripes against me out of this thread.

13. tmeyer45458

tmeyer45458 Peon

Best Answers:
    I was trying to resist posting but just can't stop myself:D

EducationLinks - Really...are you seriously pushing this defamation issue? And yes I did read all of the previous posts. It's not like he called you a pedophile...he said that you lied.

Talk about a drama queen...any chance you could go find somewhere else to play???

For someone so concerned with defamation...you seem to throw threats around easily.

tmeyer45458, Sep 16, 2007 IP
    EveryQuery likes this.
  14. EducationLinks

Best Answers:
    Drama queen? Hardly. Prepared to defend my business reputation to the hilt at all costs? Damn right! If you make an accusation against me in public that threatens my livlihood, you had damn well better be able to prove it.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2006-10-10-internet-defamation-case_x.htm

Any chance you could mind your own business?

Regarding my "bury" retort, it was in reponse to the initial, unprovoked attack from NRLmedia. Try READING before commenting.

EducationLinks, Sep 17, 2007 IP
  15. SilkySmooth

SilkySmooth Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I usually avoid getting involved in these types of threads but feel that I have to given the amount of abuse being thrown at EducationLinks.

I have read the entire thread with the exception of the posts which appear to have been deleted.

EducationLinks, I often read your threads and you have posted some valuable information on these forums despite what people are saying here. No I don't agree with everything you post in other threads, I do agree with you that you should have received both a refund and an email notifying you that your listing had been removed.

For Jeff to come into a thread and make a single defense without any follow up, especially when calling someone a liar is plain wrong. It doesn't matter how popular you are or which directories you own, publicly attacking someone's character without publishing evidence is wrong.

However, EducationLinks you have fallen foul of the ever growing "hate" postings which are appearing in pretty much all threads on this section of the forum nowadays. And by that I mean you responded when you should have just sat back, gritted your teeth and ignored the garbage.

So lets look at the facts as we know them...

- EL purchased a listing which was active for a certain period of time.
    - Jeff updated his policies and deleted the listing.
    - Jeff issued a refund which EL missed.
    - EL attempts to contact Jeff via (broken?) contact forms without reply.
    - EL Starts thread (not aware that Jeff is owner of site).
    - The refund status is clarified.

EL, you have your refund and whilst I agree with you that you should have received an email notification, there are several reasons which could explain why you didn't. I would suggest you either drop the defamation issue or move it into the proper channels as you are unlikely to get any satisfactory response from this forum.

As for the rest, well, some of you seriously need to take a look at yourselves.

All of which is just my tuppence worth.

SilkySmooth, Sep 17, 2007 IP
    CReed and Instigator like this.
  16. EducationLinks

Best Answers:
    All very true.

Thank you for shaking some sense into everyone, including me. I definitely shouldn't have fed the trolls.

EducationLinks, Sep 17, 2007 IP
  17. workshop

workshop Guest

Best Answers:
    ...and me but I would still like to know if webmasters feel they have a right to be notified if all they paid for was a review. :)

workshop, Sep 17, 2007 IP
  18. SilkySmooth

Best Answers:
    So open a new thread and or poll. ;)

19. workshop

workshop Guest

Best Answers:
    Why duplicate threads? Its a valid question. You obviously believe that its the right thing to do. But why?

workshop, Sep 17, 2007 IP
  20. SilkySmooth

Best Answers:
    It would not be duplicating threads, this thread is for the discussion of whether or not apahcinc.org is a rip off directory and providing EL with answers to his original question which was for advice on what he should do. Both questions have now been answered.

Yes your question is a valid question but this is not the thread for it to be discussed.