1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Shoemoney gets extorted by corrupt DMOZ editor for $5000

Discussion in 'ODP / DMOZ' started by emmawatson, Aug 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. minstrel

minstrel Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    What silent majority? Majority of what? DMOZ editors? They are certainly silent when it comes to abuse.

minstrel, Sep 11, 2007 IP
  2. dilipsam

dilipsam Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I was a DMOZ editor for a small category myself working under a pseudonym.

I was managing Marketing and Advertising Resumes. When one works for something he has to totally be impartial: I included many SEO resumes who were competing with me but they deserved to be there. Anyhow netizens have become greedy and those at dmoz who accept or extort money...shame on you idiots.

dilipsam, Sep 11, 2007 IP
    GTech likes this.
  3. Ivan Bajlo

Ivan Bajlo Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, we would need one true whistleblower from meta ranks but there doesn't seems to be one so they must pick their ranks really carefully, no wonder it is so hard to advance in DMOZ since they are constantly checking editors and removing anyone who comes under any kind of suspicion or language they are editing in is unknown to any meta so they remove such editors just in case.

What silent majority??? Currently Active Users: 7 (6 members & 1 guests)

I guess 7 is big number at DMOZ since that is probably highest number of editor editing at the same time in months after crash. :rolleyes:

Ivan Bajlo, Sep 11, 2007 IP
  4. nebuchadrezzar

nebuchadrezzar Peon

Best Answers:
    If even 1/10 of what is alleged here is true I and was unable to fix it from within I would, without hesitation, provide all information that I had to to create as much publicity as possible to rectify the situation. And I would do so under my own name not a pseudonym. If the reality of the ODP resembles what you guys are saying then I would rather see it shut down, or absorbed into wikipedia or something

nebuchadrezzar, Sep 11, 2007 IP
  5. Ivan Bajlo

Ivan Bajlo Peon

Best Answers:
    Only metas know full truth, are you one of them?

As long as meta forum remains closed not only to public but to other editors conspiracy theories will flourish, if metas don't trust other editors let alone public what possible reason could we have to trust word of meta that everything is fine inside DMOZ?

We can't even see editing logs of alleged meta saints, what are they ashamed of??? :confused:

Ivan Bajlo, Sep 11, 2007 IP
  6. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Skrenta one of the founders of DMOZ and the guy who actually benefits from DMOZ by having thousands of links, calls it rotten core of Metas and corruption but I am sure he doesn't know as much about DMOZ as nebuchadrezzar. :rolleyes:

gworld, Sep 11, 2007 IP
  7. fathom

fathom Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm sure you'll convince any forum or upper management of any company to show their private discussions to the general public or junior personnel.

Parting the Read Sea would be an easier feat.

fathom, Sep 12, 2007 IP
  8. tushardhoot1

tushardhoot1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    That article was a nice piece of linkbait.

tushardhoot1, Sep 12, 2007 IP
  9. Qryztufre

Qryztufre Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    O is for Open

We all knew that Clinton bot a hummer from an intern, don't get much bigger then that. Though I guess I should be comparing the German gov't to DMOZ rather then the US.

Qryztufre, Sep 12, 2007 IP
  10. Ivan Bajlo

Ivan Bajlo Peon

Best Answers:
    You already said that DMOZ is privately owned company run by meta editors and not global community, no need to repeat it. :p

Ivan Bajlo, Sep 12, 2007 IP
  11. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Actually it is more like one of the former east Europe countries with corrupt party officials in charge. If it was a company, they would be interested in what is good for company while in DMOZ most "senior" editors are only interested to fill their own pocket with no interest in DMOZ. :D

gworld, Sep 12, 2007 IP
  12. nebuchadrezzar

nebuchadrezzar Peon

Best Answers:
    Gosh, Julian you a troll never,... Actually DMOZ is owned by AOL, they have final say on all matters community and editorial. You have heard of AOL Julian?

nebuchadrezzar, Sep 13, 2007 IP
  13. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Is it the company who took times-warner stock holders to cleaners, was involved in different accounting scandal and had to pay hundreds of millions in fine to SEC in order to desperately try to avoid criminal prosecution? :rolleyes:

P.S. I also remembered that it had some kind of stupid system for access to Internet, littered every where with it's F*cking CD and sold child protection software to it's customers while advertising and marketing pedophile sites through DMOZ. :D

gworld, Sep 13, 2007 IP
  14. Old Welsh Guy

Old Welsh Guy Notable Member

Best Answers:
    DMOZ is a crock of shit and if everyone bloody well ignored it, it would simply become a dinosaur and die a slow lingering death.

Google will at some stage drop it for some other directory or possibley their own, or none at all.

As long as there are people who argue the importance of DMOZ it will remain important in the minds of many!

Let it go :(

Old Welsh Guy, Sep 13, 2007 IP
    minstrel likes this.
  15. Anonymously

Anonymously Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Evidence now seems to be "what I believe" when I do not know the facts for you, dear Qryztufre. Yes you can say anything is lies, you can chose to believe anything you want. I can say I think your explanation of you leaving ODP is lies, but that does not make it so, but I can believe it if I want to.

As has been said earlier you certainly will change nothing from out here trying to savage a project that will continue on its merry way, whatever you as an outsider think, say or do. You even manage to harden attitudes to change, but hey you are enjoying yourself so why worry.

You have no idea what change is happening and what is being pressed for. You accuse all editors of being corrupt and not asking questions or looking for change, just to smear ODP and if you smear honest people on the way, hey what does that matter. ODP is not perfect, I know that well, I also struggle for change, and I really don't give a monkey's if you know it or not or believe what I say,

But you know if a bunch of people get togther to say we want to collect stamps, we don't want anyone to tell us which stamps to collect, no one bothers. When we say we want to collect web sites, put then in some sort of order and we will chose which sites we want, that's corrupt. Strange world.

Anonymously, Sep 13, 2007 IP
  16. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    New Sys admin from AOL side and hoping Jim to rescue DMOZ, nothing will come out of it. They have their own problems and the eventual "profit" is petty cash for AOL even to consider to do anything for it and it will be suicide for Jim to get involved in DMOZ since it will kill it's organization too. But be my guest, don't let me stop you and run over there like the rest of Admins and Metas and try to suck up to your "possible" future boss. :D

gworld, Sep 13, 2007 IP
  17. nebuchadrezzar

nebuchadrezzar Peon

Best Answers:
    I am surprised that you are so out of touch with the recent changes within ODP magagement with you being a big shot editor n all. And who the hell is Jim?

18. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    There are those who know and then there is little neb who "thinks" he knows. :rolleyes::D

gworld, Sep 13, 2007 IP
  19. Anonymously

Anonymously Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Join the magic circle or Q's sites with such good smoke and mirrors stuff. Best post you have made g, keep it up, I need a good laugh at times.:D

Anonymously, Sep 13, 2007 IP
  20. nebuchadrezzar

nebuchadrezzar Peon

Best Answers:
    Its plastered all over the internal forums. There is no secret. I don't understand how you have failed to notice it. And who the hell is Jim?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.