1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What problems have you had to date with Vista?

Discussion in 'Bing' started by mark123456, Sep 10, 2007.

What problems have you guys encountered with Vista? I had trouble hooking up to my wireless internet in my house, yet it worked with XP, and Vista really slowed down my machine (C2D, 1GB RAM, GeForce 7800).

mark123456, Sep 10, 2007 IP
  2. CanadianEh

CanadianEh Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I get wireless to work but it is a pain and I have to re-connect manually all the time. My family , using XP laptops have a much easier time than me (even though I set theirs up).

I have a brand new machine but it runs no faster than my 3 year old XP machine.

I have seen some weird things on Firefox with Vista that work fine in IE Vista and XP Firefox.

I have some trouble with Excel 2007 that forces me to go back to my later XP version to clean up.

I haven't been able to peer network XP and Vista machines the way I want.

CanadianEh, Sep 10, 2007 IP
    j_o likes this.
  3. j_o

j_o Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have had problems with my wireless, and my machine has slowed down also.

My machine runs very slow and this is a brand new computer 3gb RAM, 2.4Ghz

programs said to be vista compatable are not resulting in me having to reinstall my operating system 4 times already.

j_o, Sep 10, 2007 IP
  4. mark123456

mark123456 Peon

Best Answers:
    wow that sucks man, i thought mine was a ripoff

mark123456, Sep 11, 2007 IP
  5. WatchOut

WatchOut Guest

Best Answers:
    I haven't encountered any issues so far, I am using Vista on a brand new machine I purchased two weeks ago.

Just in addition, I am always connected through wireless connection, and so far I haven't encountered any issues, I haven't ever manually connected, I've set the PC to automatically connect to the wireless network as fast as I boot up my PC.

Nothing bad to be specific, I am a satisfied user so far.

Meti

WatchOut, Sep 11, 2007 IP
  6. ukfreelancer

ukfreelancer Peon

Best Answers:
    I had problems with XAMPP. (apache, php and mysql installer)

I also hated that screen thats loads when trying to alter a program

"Are you sure you really want to do that"]

its annoying cos I clicked on the thing in the first place, why would I have changed my mind? :D

ukfreelancer, Sep 11, 2007 IP
  7. sirion

sirion Peon

Best Answers:
    I found that I had big problems connecting using wifi when the Acer e-management software was installed, but once I deleted that Vista ha no problems seeing or connecting to my wireless network.

But the constant warnings from Windows Defender are a real hassle. Every single program I install needs permission, almost every website I visit needs me to accept or decline. Painful!

sirion, Sep 11, 2007 IP
  8. mark123456

mark123456 Peon

Best Answers:
    you can turn windows defender off and just get Kaspersky or something.

9. jkrish41

jkrish41 Banned

Best Answers:
    Everything.
    No really, everything.
    I switched back to XP because it was taking up to much space, even though I am running it on a very nice laptop, it still acts sluggish, maybe by half a second, but it still takes longer then I am use to, so I dumped it.

jkrish41, Sep 11, 2007 IP
  10. Jasonb

Jasonb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Dont get me f***ing started haha, well i cant run adobe photoshop cs3 and MS paint at the same time, neither MS word and note pad at the same time ect..

So like... MS default applications and anything else like 3rd party stuff not at the same time, anything like for example Mozilla firefox and windows media player, itunes and command promt ect..

Also i for some reason cant run MSN Messanger live at all, it wont install which is weird since its made my MS.

I have a sweet system, were talking 400GB HD, 3.2ghz cpu, 2GB ram and sometimes if i run more than 2 programs at once it crashes for literally 5mins at a time i dont know what the hell...

Few problems but its not too bad, it will get better ... Allthough im so damn tempted just too buy a bloody Mac :D

Jasonb, Sep 11, 2007 IP
  11. ukfreelancer

ukfreelancer Peon

Best Answers:
    I had the MS messenger prob. Cant remember how I got round it now. It is working now though

ukfreelancer, Sep 11, 2007 IP
  12. mark123456

mark123456 Peon

Best Answers:
    yeah that one never happened to me

13. sirion

sirion Peon

Best Answers:
    @Jasonb, get a Mac, they look nicer, they work, and if you're desperate for a windows app, you can still dual boot or run a virtual machine.

sirion, Sep 11, 2007 IP
  14. GReddy4u

GReddy4u Active Member

Best Answers:
    I've had vista business for 5 months now, which I got for free from college and it has run pretty much flawlessly. The only problem I have ran into was the control panel not working correctly which they fixed with a patch... New updates come out all the time also. Whoever said they can't run msn messenger or more than 2 programs without crashing has a problem not related to vista. I can run msn messenger, windows live, etc... I can also run 100's of programs and not even lag :|
    my .02

GReddy4u, Sep 11, 2007 IP
  15. live-cms_com

live-cms_com Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Finding drivers was reasonably difficult and you can get BsoD from using old software like VMWare V5.

live-cms_com, Sep 12, 2007 IP
  16. tattoobit

tattoobit Peon

Best Answers:
    I had issues with my ATI Radeon 9700 card after a Vista upgrade. Even when I updated the drivers, I still had problems. The display would either suddenly go blank or freeze. After much research, I changed the power management settings, reduced the colors to 16 bit, and turned off all hibernate and screen saver features. Everything is working fine now but I have decided to get a Mac in the near future.

tattoobit, Sep 12, 2007 IP
  17. repeat-x

repeat-x Peon

Best Answers:
    Im lucky, Ive not had any MAJOR issues with vista, only with some programs saying I dont have admin privilages when it came to activating programs etc.

Solved that by right-clicking the link to the program and selecting "run as administrator"

repeat-x, Sep 12, 2007 IP
  18. amiecn

amiecn Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I've had many problems but the very worst most frustrating problem is that I will be plugging along working and have all sorts of multi-tasking projects going and POOF it turns off! This happens about the same time every time...sometimes once a day sometimes twice. It is not my fan because it can happen 30 minutes after I turn it on...or 14 hours after...

• it also produces docx file formats in word which only vista users can open
    • it slows down performance
    • is incompatible with some mouse & keyboard ( i had major issues with my mouse...couldnt highlight and it double clicked on single clicks etc) had to replace my mouse
    • it makes everything run slow...and makes multi-tasking frustrating as you have to WAIT for everything to load or close before doing anything else

amiecn, Sep 12, 2007 IP
  19. Adam Nugent

Adam Nugent Peon

Best Answers:
    Is docx not the format that Word 2007 produces? if when you save the document you click save as and you will find compatible formats so anyone with an older version of Word can still open and read the document...

The only issues I've had with vista was when I had a Beta version it would give me a BSOD when ever I was downloading (must have been a bug) because since installing a full version of Vista I've had no issues at all, well small things but I don't count them as anything bad.

EDIT: I have also noticed no slow down in performance this might be because I have 2GB of RAM tho..

Adam Nugent, Sep 12, 2007 IP
  20. live-cms_com

live-cms_com Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    .docx extension is Word 2007, not Vista.

I have had better performance.

Damn about the mouse. ;)

I don't have the last problem.

live-cms_com, Sep 12, 2007 IP