1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need advice on problems with directory designer?

Discussion in 'Directories' started by mopguy, Sep 10, 2007.

1. rightit

rightit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Disclose his name, so that we can save our time and avoid him.

rightit, Sep 10, 2007 IP
  2. mopguy

mopguy Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have been very patient all these while but it is impossible to let the whole issue drag on without a clue. I need an answer(regardless of good/bad) from the designer to decide how can I carry on with the project.

Many things have been affected, including my team work schedule, arrangement with other programmers/designers I have and other commitments.

Of course, I hope this thread can lead to some good outcome. :(

mopguy, Sep 10, 2007 IP
  3. Divisive Cottonwood

Divisive Cottonwood Peon

Best Answers:
    Give a little time more and then after that name and shame

It's not just about yourself but also about other potential customers here on DP if he is doing business on these forums.

Divisive Cottonwood, Sep 10, 2007 IP
  4. khushal

khushal Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I would second to NRLMedia's suggestion:) You should let him know of it and maybe that is the guy others were talking about too... Best of luck though~

khushal, Sep 10, 2007 IP
    Agent47 likes this.
  5. NRLMedia

NRLMedia Peon

Best Answers:
    It is the individual that I suspected and I am aware that other members here have also PMed mopguy about the same issues.

A thread will be opened about this designer in the near future.

Strike three, the benefit of the doubt is over.

NRLMedia, Sep 10, 2007 IP
  6. LanceT22

LanceT22 Peon

Best Answers:
    hmmm... from the sounds of the discussion, I have had a very similiar poor experience with this person. I would be curious to receive a PM from you as to who it is. My last contact with this "person" notified me that he would not be available to do any future projects for me and if I could pay him the second half of the money for the project. The funny thing was, the project was not even completed as agreed..

My advice would be to keep trying to contact him.... over and over and over.... that's what I did and I did finally get a response from my designer... Otherwise, I would try to open a PayPal dispute (although this will only freeze the funds in PayPal until they close the claim), you should read PayPal's policy about any transaction that isn't a "shipped, physical good", it's BS. However, it may get the person's attention if nothing else.

Other than that... call it a learning experience and move on... All business's take losses... pick your battles and know better next time.. :(

LanceT22, Sep 10, 2007 IP
  7. malcolm1

malcolm1 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Just a rumble in the jungle.. :p

Whatever that thread your talking about its water under the bridge as far as im concerned ;) and will still be contacting you soon to do some editing and deleting in biz-king and sleek from the good old days when i was free directory and allowing anything in just to see catagories with a few links in them.

thx
    malcolm

malcolm1, Sep 10, 2007 IP
  8. indyguidedotinfo

indyguidedotinfo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    i dont think its anything to worry about. He is probably either buzy or he is not close to being done and he is embarrased of the situation.

indyguidedotinfo, Sep 10, 2007 IP
  9. smub

smub Notable Member

Best Answers:
    this thread will not go anywhere. Just disclose the name, so the rest of the people will know about.

If it is the same designer as Mike and Lance than i know who it is.

smub, Sep 10, 2007 IP
  10. NRLMedia

NRLMedia Peon

Best Answers:
    Yep, you got it. :mad: It's a shame because the talent is wasted from constant bad reputation from respected clients.

NRLMedia, Sep 10, 2007 IP
  11. smub

smub Notable Member

Best Answers:
    i guess this is the time for his monopoly as there are no other designers in this business anymore other than Zeb whose prices are out of the reach for many.

maybe i should teach somebody who have very good photoshop skills and just waiting to learn how to code.

smub, Sep 10, 2007 IP
  12. mikey1090

mikey1090 Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    ipod and saadahmed can still design. There are a few who can whip up a good PSD, i just hire clive to code for $50...just a shame there is few who can do the whole package :(

mikey1090, Sep 10, 2007 IP
  13. khushal

Best Answers:
    Hey hey, what about Shabu? Marco? Aspidov? and and Riks? They are no longer working ?

khushal, Sep 11, 2007 IP
  14. britishguy

britishguy Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Marko
    Is working on a very big 90 day project for us :cool:

Aspidov has been re-templating this site
    http://www.indexweblinks.com/
    Expecting completion any day now !

britishguy, Sep 11, 2007 IP
  15. khushal

Best Answers:
    I see ..... and Shabou quited doing it i think (that's what i heard).

BEst of luck in the project~

khushal, Sep 11, 2007 IP
    vegabond and kiviniar like this.
  16. LakeCountry

LakeCountry Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I wonder just how many people have paid and now waiting for results. I have been waiting well over two weeks for my design work to be finished. Wouldn't be so bad but I was promised/guarenteed things would be done a week ago.

LakeCountry, Sep 11, 2007 IP
  17. templates

templates Notable Member

Best Answers:
    ive been waiting for 6 weeks now on a project that was supposed to take 4 weeks..i have paid $250 upfront and have not heard from the person in 2 weeks,even though i have sent PMs and finally asked for a refund..its been over the 30 period for paypal,but NOT for the credit card i used to pay him..either i get my money back,or i will charge fraud on it..the LEAST someone can do is give a reply,ya think?

templates, Sep 11, 2007 IP
  18. LanceT22

LanceT22 Peon

Best Answers:
    PayPal will not reverse charges unless it was a shipped item (ie, eBay.. go figure). I have run into this problem a few times. Luckily, my AmEx card loves me and they have been willing to get the money back with no questions asked. I would try to contact the person and if not have your credit card company deal with them. Check PayPal's policy regarding credit card chargebacks. They don't fight it, they just give the money back to your credit company and start collections against the person that didn't deliver the good/service.

If you just used PayPal funds balance, you may be out of luck. :( Unless enough people complain about a vendor they will usually just close the dispute and say that they are unable to resolve it because there was no physical goods involved.

lance

LanceT22, Sep 11, 2007 IP
  19. NRLMedia

NRLMedia Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow, this is interesting. If you guys can PM me the designers name, I want to see if it's the same individual.

This is ridiculous.

NRLMedia, Sep 11, 2007 IP
  20. smub

smub Notable Member

Best Answers:
    NRLMedia i am very sure it is the same individual with LakeCountry.

Btw: says who that paypal only give refunds to hard products.. There is an option in the dispute called Virtual/Intangible goods << if u select that option and provide enough support by showing them the pms and no replies ... and the vendor with not enough evidence ... .they will give you your refund.

smub, Sep 11, 2007 IP