1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

New Candidate for QBC listing - Aviva Directory

Discussion in 'Directories' started by paidhosting, Sep 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. compostannie

compostannie Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm getting one day from my copies of emails and pms.

I did it because Jeff questioned it, I was being thorough. Double checking based on his concerns. I also asked him to tell me what he considered a problem so I could fix it. He never replied to that question.
    I kept the list with notes because Jeff's editing interface times out too fast and I was losing edits. Therefore, I had a list I could and did check. So the notes were mine, I wrote them. I used notepad as a tool.
    No, that's completely opposite of what I said. I did only Jeff's research on Jeff's time. Additionally, I added some sites that were researched on my own time because they were good and added to the quality of Jeff's directory. Jeff paid me for 20 hours a week. I gave him more than that. I went above and beyond by putting the extra listings in without charging him for my time.

Why do I get the feeling that I have to keep repeating myself? This is unproductive.

compostannie, Sep 7, 2007 IP
  2. jhmattern

jhmattern Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    I'm getting the same feeling.... You don't seem to be understanding several of my comments, and unfortunately I don't have the time today to keep repeating myself or trying to clarify. I've given you both some free PR advice. Use it or ignore it; that's your choice. But other than that and privately looking into the matter further, I'm washing my hands of this thread to focus on more important things. If you want to continue chatting about something, you can feel free to comment to me privately, and I'll do my best to oblige.

EDIT: Oh, and for the record, I did in fact try to validate Popotalk's comments about someone close to Jeff saying it was a "complete copy" by reviewing his YM records which he kindly forwarded to me. His "evidence" doesn't come close to supporting that claim... quite the opposite actually. I openly gave someone a chance who claimed to have hard evidence against Jeff. Like I said... I do look at all sides. Seriously, the people trying so hard to defend Annie and Dave are the ones doing them real harm around here.

jhmattern, Sep 7, 2007 IP
    Instigator likes this.
  3. paidhosting

paidhosting Peon

Best Answers:
    Oh sorry there, do i make it that apparent ? Darn i am not good at been evil I suppose :( . But remembe V stands for Vendetta !!! Muaaha :p . Omg Jeff is not on my hitlist too whohooo, evilness :D

Anyways @Lexi's comments, why do i get this feeling that this dude understands people and what their actual motives are just like me ? Lexi are u clone of myself that scientist created or something ? :eek:

paidhosting, Sep 7, 2007 IP
  4. Lexiseek

Lexiseek Banned

Best Answers:
    Thanks, that's what I figured. Have a great day.

Lexiseek, Sep 7, 2007 IP
    Instigator likes this.
  5. paidhosting

paidhosting Peon

Best Answers:
    Yup that says it all !! No more arguing with Jenn she will not listen now :p

6. minstrel

minstrel Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    That's what taking something public does - it provides an incentive for giving up on the "ignore them and maybe they'll just go away" strategy.

Yes. And Jeff still has not addressed this, despite repeated requests to do so.

Nonsense. That is often what litigation is all about. If you feel you have been wronged, or someone has infringed upon your trademark or patent or copyright, you first request remedies personally and if that doesn't work you take it to court - which is to say you take it public. Often it's not until the public phase that anything actually gets done.

BS. See above. I'm finding it increasingly difficult to see you as a successful business person in the face of comments like these.

Oh, pullease. Have you read Google's (Matt Cutts) public statements on "review fees"? How many times do you have to review a site?

Any decent script will automate most of the maintenance tasks, and the remainder MIGHT justify a small re-review fee to compensate for the editor's time. But let's be honest here: An annual review fee is just a money grab.

And there you have it. So please spare us the "I'm just trying to be an objective trier of facts here" nonsense, okay? All of that sanctimony is making me gag.

minstrel, Sep 7, 2007 IP
    YMC likes this.
  7. popotalk

popotalk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Calling ThePheonix ! Calling ThePheonix ! Time for your com ads. :D

popotalk, Sep 7, 2007 IP
    enQuira likes this.
  8. paidhosting

paidhosting Peon

Best Answers:
    What is this com ads ? :confused:

9. The Pheonix

The Pheonix Banned

Best Answers:
    LMAO; I can't catch them all Jude.:D I'll resist temptation today as I don't want to detract from OP thread which is a good read for a change. How many backlinks is that we've all give to avivadirectory now? :eek:

The Pheonix, Sep 7, 2007 IP
  10. paidhosting

paidhosting Peon

Best Answers:
    Actually we are even making it worse for aviva directory, cause dp will rank higher for term like avivadirectory or aviva directory as its older than aviva and stronger than aviva. So, it will do more damage to aviva than good, and how many links u see on the posts other than mine ofcourse since i am a link bate guru linking to aviva ?

So seo wise its a disaster thread for aviva, most seo gurus will agree on that, but than again i am noob and do not know what seo stands for ;)

11. EducationLinks

EducationLinks Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I must add that Jeff has been less than responsive to my PMs concerning serious issues. I won't go into detail, but I thought I should state my experience.

He can't use the "I'm so busy" excuse because I see him post here about much less serious things on a regular basis.

EducationLinks, Sep 7, 2007 IP
  12. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I agree, and I'm sure that giving Jeff a little bit of time to sort things out is best. Great to see the Hyenas trying to make a buck putting someone else down again. :rolleyes:
    Got to love the directory crowd ...

Blogmaster, Sep 7, 2007 IP
    iceberg and jhmattern like this.
  13. minstrel

minstrel Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Gotta love the prince of scam suddenly trying to find religion, too...

minstrel, Sep 7, 2007 IP
  14. workshop

workshop Guest

Best Answers:
    You are saying that its good business sense to lie, to cheat and to steal? No? What are they doing now? That is after being caught with their fingers in the till? Doesnt it call for a drastic policy change? Nice to know where you stand and the benchmarks you apply in the workplace. Thanks for the warning and the best of luck to you.

workshop, Sep 7, 2007 IP
    wildweb and minstrel like this.
  15. an0n

an0n Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Great to hear that such asinine remarks were found completely false.
    It just goes to show how the same exact people who cry foul about manipulate others with the use of 'gangs' and 'bullys' and 'deception' are the ones indeed who are doing it themselves and nobody else.

Beware of the fabrication of other people's imaginary worlds.

Thanks for all of the insight all throughout this thread. (Jenn, annie, dave, jeff, and a few others)

an0n, Sep 8, 2007 IP
  16. popotalk

popotalk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you too anon. Deception and manipulation is always there. :) I just speak the truth. There are things that I have regretted getting acquainted with the GANGS and BULLIES. But I will continue saying what is right. You can target my name anytime you wish. Its ok and no problem with that. May you prosper more.

popotalk, Sep 8, 2007 IP
  17. an0n

an0n Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    initial quote for dexterity as well as posterity, because someone just loooves to edit posts.. you know, to 'manipulate', 'bully' and 'deceive'

an0n, Sep 8, 2007 IP
  18. popotalk

popotalk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I won't go there. If I were you. You can bait me anytime you like. I will just let everyone know what really is true. ;)

popotalk, Sep 8, 2007 IP
  19. an0n

an0n Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Rest my case above.

Edit: #1

Edit: #2

And so as to not let this particluar post goto wate I was asked via YM what insight did I gain from this all.

well:

Rob C: just the fact that careful consideration needs to be taken when ordering services
    Rob C: get to know whom you deal with prior too
    Rob C: maintain constant and consistent contact with your editors
    Rob C: check listings often
    Rob C: most importantly: try and sit down and discuss any issues so as to diffuse any public bashing
    Rob C: its what I've gathered

So hopefully this can help enlighten any further dealings between people.

thx

Rob

an0n, Sep 8, 2007 IP
    jhmattern likes this.
  20. popotalk

popotalk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Like I said you are the great anon and no one can beat you. You know everything so whatever case you have you can rest do it. :)

About me, I am just telling the truth and some people knows it already. You can take it personal all you want that's your specialty and you have chased a lot of them out.

:)

popotalk, Sep 8, 2007 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.