1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

New Candidate for QBC listing - Aviva Directory

Discussion in 'Directories' started by paidhosting, Sep 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. malcolm1

malcolm1 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Well shit lets QBC him also... :rolleyes:

I think this issue should be handled between the parties involved. :cool:

No further comments from me :)

malcolm1, Sep 6, 2007 IP
  2. tmeyer45458

tmeyer45458 Peon

Best Answers:

You are on you own!

tmeyer45458, Sep 6, 2007 IP
    LeopardAt1 likes this.
  3. EducationLinks

EducationLinks Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    LOL! I knew this thread was trouble at 0 responses.

EducationLinks, Sep 6, 2007 IP
    funkymario and sundaybrew like this.
  4. paidhosting

paidhosting Peon

Best Answers:
    And u did not care to warn others about it just after it was posted, thats just evil dude pure evil :p

@malcom on the other thread, dave posted about trying to contact jeff for month or so and never got any reply. How can that fact be ignored that dave tried to settle this via pm's ?

paidhosting, Sep 6, 2007 IP
  5. msolution

msolution Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    hehehe!!!

:d fun reading the thread, and more fun on people not asking the right Q. here!

the concerned partries are "Dave, Annie and Jeff", why is the OP having a scratchy bottom in all this?

did someone copy your sites verbiage also too.... or just trolling around! ( no offence here mate, ... but objectively speaking)

is your review website failed so miserably that after reviewing sites on your own, now youve become a volunteer watchdog!

let those three handle the issue themselves, and focus on your review site,....

How much do u know about directories,..... :rolleyes:

additionally you can review a site w/o permission or even a PM, if im not mistaken .... and the directories cant even add quality sites to their own index!!! u got to be kidding me!

we're talking directories here, and not link farms,.... those are pay only

M.

msolution, Sep 7, 2007 IP
    LeopardAt1, kiviniar and uttoransen like this.
  6. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    dcristo, Sep 7, 2007 IP
  7. paidhosting

paidhosting Peon

Best Answers:
    Whooof Whooof i cannot say, bunnies do not have the right vocal glands i think.

Oh what would i know about directories, all i know is how to code templates sometimes in crappy ways for phpld, eyndicate, nicecoder. Just know how to mod directories if provided with right instructions codes, just been running 2 directories for about 1 year and 6 months(approx.), just post mostly here on dp in directories. Just write some crappy reviews as some say about directories. Yaa what would me know about directories, i am total noob :(.

@ reviews i can post reviews about anything or anyone I want cause its my site (and i need no ones permission to write on my own site sheesh) , my opinion and freedom of press/speech, cause we stopped living in dark ages just when dark ages era ended i suppose !! :p

By the way how is ur directory smart and whats this .vc thing i see? Does it make a directory smarter automatically or it depends on who runs the directory and if he is dumb would it still be smarter than others ?

paidhosting, Sep 7, 2007 IP
  8. Freewebspace

Freewebspace Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The thread is getting longer and longer!

the thread is full of nothing but crappy content!

Freewebspace, Sep 7, 2007 IP
  9. paidhosting

paidhosting Peon

Best Answers:
    Remember content is king, no one says that crappy content is not king anywhere or atleast i have not seen it on any site.

10. hotpop

hotpop Peon

Best Answers:
    Totally agreed. Actually We are outlier and know little about what had happened among them. We should give them some time to resolve this issue. :D

hotpop, Sep 7, 2007 IP
  11. msolution

Best Answers:
    the reason you didnt answer my first Q. i think!

I support free speech in all forms and reviews anytime, till they are constructive and informative,.....

if your reviews had even an iota of any of those, you wouldn't go around posting "Question for Directory Owners - Where seems to be the issue ?" anytime.

people would flock to you to get reviewed! :)

i would agree perhaps the OPs avataar says it all!!!! :D

guess you have exotic knowledge of directories and domains!

i agree your avataar is smarter than mine on this,.... apologies!

M.

jhnrang likes this.
  12. popotalk

popotalk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I think they prefer it here since they've both shown their facts publicly and we be the judge. :confused:

popotalk, Sep 7, 2007 IP
  13. CReed

CReed Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    And who are we that we should be judging others?

CReed, Sep 7, 2007 IP
  14. paidhosting

paidhosting Peon

Best Answers:
    Do not worry the bull is tamed and trained i will make sure it does not shit on ur avatars face. ;) Gods Promise :p !!

Oh by the way before u put ur panties in a twist, people do not want to get reviewed cause they fear that i might post something wrong about their sites as i am too blunt at that and could care less as long as its a fact, and i fail to do suck ups for them ! Also see it has PR 0 , i will talk to again on this topic when its PR is 6 or higher. Than we will see who is talking !! Worry not i am not going to buy any links for that site, they will come naturally ;) , remember www.dmoz-resources.com its first PR was 4 without any buying of links. In less than 30 days it got PR 4. Its all about how to do it right not how much to blow ur cash to be noticed !!

And if users think that buying links is the only way to get a PR are totally mistaken. It just takes more efforts though but still u can get good Pr even without spending single penny for it.

Cheers

15. popotalk

popotalk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I don't know the answer either so I am confused too why they made it public since they can do it in private:confused:

Maybe now it is the trend like Mr. Rand Fishkin said about Marketing. :confused:

popotalk, Sep 7, 2007 IP
  16. msolution

Best Answers:
  17. paidhosting

paidhosting Peon

Best Answers:
    Ah do not worry mate reds show that someone notices ur presence, but remember u get even more green when u get 1 red, like i did on this thread :). There are more supporters than there are haters, cause life is short to hate someone forever.

18. msolution

Best Answers:
    it seems to be shittin on ur site! :eek:
    but i can take your word for it! :D

you got it terribly wrong mate, newpapers and magazines review people/ businessmen and movie stars all the time,....and they still have loads of reads!

guess people want to read a critics review,.... not a school teachers review ....oh that image is out of place, and that arrow image is antique!

give us a critiques review and/or an interview followed by it! i bet youll have more reads!

for me im just a coder, not a designer, ive spent the last three months just modding my site, with no or little marketing, would love to talk to u when i get PR :)

M.

19. smub

smub Notable Member

Best Answers:
    ok well due to the lack of time, i only skimmed this entire 5 pages. I did read your proves provided in the screenshot as well, and read some posts of yours and jeff as this is the matter in between you two as after reviewing it very well seem an inflammably attack.

Few Points i would like to mention:

Yahoo Directory - PR 8 Web Directory, ran by a very reputable company.

How many times have you seen a thread, i got into yahoo for free. I dont know how long have you been in this industry, but i have seen it quiet many times around. Lack of time, i can't show you but if you search you will find them.

I will ask you few questions.

What is a directory?

Hopefully a resource, I mean otherwise you would be just selling links on each individual pages ?? Sometimes i don't doubt google's decision. Because maybe many of you say that no our directories are for our users, it is not. It is not for your users its only for submittors.

Now let me tell you whats the difference between just another directory and aviva.

Just another directory or i will use your directory "H-log" does not try to make the site a resource. It tries to make a link farm where only those gets listed who pays !! Exactly opposite of the definition because directories are suppose to be a resource where people should use a search button and find what they want. Now i wonder how many people do that on how many directories ?? I am very certain people do it on Yahoo, and very certain some might do on aviva also.

Now if you think that directory owner shouldn't add links in the category, to make the site more resourceful. Than i would say that you must not know what you are talking about.

Lets move on to the next question.

What is a quality directory to you ?

Are you one of those who think an empty directory without any links who says i charge 30$ for a LINK, is a quality site ? Obviously not. What is the point of a such directory because they are in this industry for a sole purpose of money. They are not making a site for users. They are making it for SE's. (.ie google)

Peice of advice, try making the site for users, SE's will follow. Try getting high traffic by unique content, SERPS will follow.

I have a tank full of sites which i can show you, but the following i will give you are the ones which i hope you know about.

JohnChow.com - how many heard of this guy? Damn he writes alot. Revenue Stat- approximately 18k a month. Just for blogging, he write posts for others and charge them good money, and he adds in his own posts also. He make it sounds interesting thats why he is still there.

Smashing Magazine - they write a blog post with so many resources that half of us have not seen. Now i wonder why there homepage and inner pages are all pr 6 ??? just because they added unique content and resources that actually attracts users.

Lastly i will use the directory you attacked

Aviva Directory - added content for its users, lets see what followed !! -> SERPs, -> Traffic -> Reputation -> More business.

Now lets see if it is scamming the submitter by showing that a site have this many listings, and all were submitted by actual users. I dont know that someone who analyze and critique web directories know so little of the fact. Aviva is a resource made for users, and it is almost impossible to have all good sites in the directory, so as needed to make the directory a better resource a QUALITY EDITOR should add content in it and keep updating. I have a dictionary category in IDK. Now knowing that i don't do it crazily because i am the only one who manages it, but I added dictionary.com in the category as i believe they are the good one.

Advice i would give you, before analyzing other sites in a specific industry it would be a good idea to actually learn about the industry because a wise man wouldn't ask another man for their action(s). And once you get to the point of Self Actualization (where you are the absolute genius or the authority figure in the industry) than you shall critique all.

But i can guarantee you one thing if you actually ever reach to that point, what others do will not matter to you and you will learn to see through it.

Now let me just get the point across,

Adding links in your own directory is not a QBC act but it is an act of showing that i care. Now if you come into IDK or H-log or whichever one, and copied every listing word for word, than you would be a QBC.

I believe if not and adding other's site is qbc, than all directories are qbc which have google.com in it because i know for darn sure that google didn't pay any single one of you, and to not add google in a search engine category which in truth was suppose to provide the most 'quality resources' would be just a disgrace as your value of QUALITY changes on monetary bases and the one who pays owns a QUALITY website.

smub, Sep 7, 2007 IP
  20. workshop

workshop Guest

Best Answers:
    Is it wrong to ask answers? I dont think so. Does one get answers? I dont think so.

workshop, Sep 7, 2007 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.