1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Will article submission affect SEO negatively?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by shieldsty, Sep 5, 2007.

I am in the process of putting together a ebiz marketing website. It will kind of be a marketing resource directory, article and marketing 'how to' site. The website will cover most all ways to market a website and eventually will have, hopefully a hundred or so original marketing articles written by me covering different marketing techniques.
    I want to use these articles as a marketing source for the site as well by submitting to various article sites.
    Any knowledge as to if multiple article submissions to different sites, will affect my seo once that becomes a factor? Just want to make sure it wont be considered duplicate content.
    Will the links back to my site be counted as back links?
    Again the articles will all be original content, written by me, but submitted to several different article sites as well as posted on my site.
    Any knowledge on the matter would be would be appreciated. Thx

shieldsty, Sep 5, 2007 IP
  2. sparksflying

sparksflying Peon

Best Answers:
    From what Ive seen this isnt seen as duplicate content , but can see why youd imagine so.

I had done the same with a site a year or so ago and it was all beneficial.. if anyone will get negative effect , its the article sites for dupe content.

But having it on your own site , then article sites shouldnt be a problem.

Sorry I havent more info on this for you but some gurus should be able to help here :)

best of luck!

sparksflying, Sep 5, 2007 IP
  3. wildstone

wildstone Peon

Best Answers:
    If you have unique content, then its OK...:)

wildstone, Sep 5, 2007 IP
  4. jhmattern

jhmattern Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    1. It may not effect you SEO-wise, but if you're planning to monetize your content in some way (selling resale rights, looking for private advertisers, etc.), then distributing those articles to directories will cheapen their value.

2. If you submit to low quality sites known for displaying crap articles and spammy pieces, it can damage your site's reputation even if it doesn't effect SEO.

3. It may directly effect SEO if you submit to article directories too quickly (assuming you're submitting the same material from your site, which is what it sounds like you're planning). When your site is new, you won't be crawled very often necessarily. If you write an article and submit it to ezinearticles or another site the next day, they may be crawled before you and viewed as the original source. In that case, yes, having it on your site would then be considered duplicate content.

The best bet if you really insist on using article directories is to alter your articles before posting them there, or submitting something completely different. There are other ways to use article marketing though, and what you do is going to depend on whether you're more after quick links or more after building a solid reputation in the niche to work towards becoming an authority site. I recently posted article marketing tips for writers in that second group, but you can use the tips no matter what niche you're in (ideas on where to submit articles for a nice impact other than directories).

jhmattern, Sep 5, 2007 IP
  5. dee_el07

dee_el07 Banned

Best Answers:
    I don't see negative effect in submitting article.. This can help especially if you provide some very useful content then you as a person will become revered to as an expert in your particular field. As a result people will respect your opinions and feel compelled to try you product or service..

dee_el07, Sep 5, 2007 IP
  6. jhmattern

jhmattern Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Building a serious reputation as an "expert" doesn't come from article directories... those are "anyone can submit" sites, so they lend almost no credibility to the submissions. Article marketing can however help you build an expert status if you go about it the right way (submitting content to authority sites and blogs as guest submissions, offering content to respected newsletters in your niche with a large subscriber base, etc.).

jhmattern, Sep 5, 2007 IP
  7. Grand_spb

Grand_spb Active Member

Best Answers:
    The best answer to your question would be my experiment - Are you afraid of duplicate content?

Grand_spb, Sep 5, 2007 IP
  8. kgondewar

kgondewar Peon

Best Answers:
    ya... question mark 4 me also

kgondewar, Feb 15, 2011 IP
  9. kgondewar

kgondewar Peon

Best Answers:
    cant get it...

kgondewar, Feb 15, 2011 IP