1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Bum Marketing Questions.. I want to start today.

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by cocoMonkey, Aug 31, 2007.

Alright guys,

I've read a great bum marketing guide posted by Jerlene.net, and it's really got me wanting to give it a go.

I've got a few questions before i get started though.

1. Do i have to make a full website before i get started? If so, do i have it about the clickbank product i'm selling, or about the niche that i write the articles about?

2. What is classed as the BEST guide to bum marketing? An up-to-date guide that covers everything that needs to be done.

3. If anyone who reads this follows bum marketing, and is confident in the methord, would you be willing to take $500 to guide me? on msn. check my first few articles, make sure my niche is good, basic newbie help. If you belive in bum marketing, you should be confident that i'd be able to pay you in 30 days. (one blog i read said that 30 days would be enough to make $2000+)

Thanks for the help guys.

If anyone has ANY more tips or hints, please post them. I cannot wait to get started on this.

Regards,

cocoMonkey, Aug 31, 2007 IP
    Jason Green likes this.
  2. rolf

rolf Active Member

Best Answers:
    The best guide is the original by Travis at http://www.bummarketingmethod.com/

My opinion thought is that it is dead.

Forget usfreeads, noone will buy

I did bum marketing by writing articles and submitting to goarticles (direct hop clickbank link) and to ezinearticles (I bought info domains for redirection, which is perfectly good for ezinearticles rules).

I made minimal money.

In fact I lost money, because I spend a couple hundred bucks on outsourcing articles. According to the theory, this should have been worth it because the articles should have easily paid themselves back.

So, in my opinion, bum marketing is dead, don't bother.

rolf, Aug 31, 2007 IP
    cocoMonkey likes this.
  3. cocoMonkey

cocoMonkey Active Member

Best Answers:
    damn, not the kind of first reply i was hoping for :( But its good to know mate cheers.

I was wondering if the technique would still work, but i thought it might, as its basicly just building up links to a site -- which is somthing you have to do anyway really.

Thanks again mate - rep given.

cocoMonkey, Aug 31, 2007 IP
  4. hamidap

hamidap Active Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    http://www.bummarketingtechniques.com/ is probably the best guide I've read (and I've read about 10). I just got the updated version from the author yesterday so it is as up to date as you can get.

There are alot of different variations of the original bum marketing but I would say don't create a full website, just do a Squidoo lens, hubpage or blog (Blogger or Wordpress).

30 days would be enough to make $2000+ if you're an experienced marketer, but it depends on alot of factors e.g.
    • how well you choose your keywords
    • the product you choose, how good its sales page is, its conversion rates
    • how good your article is
    • your bio box
    etc. etc.

I could coach you but don't really have the time at the moment plus I'd want the $500 up front. If you want me to check your first few articles just pm me them and I'll give you my input free of charge.

Hamida

hamidap, Aug 31, 2007 IP
    cocoMonkey likes this.
  5. hamidap

hamidap Active Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    No way is it dead, there's alot of people making money with Bum Marketing still as long as it's done right.

hamidap, Aug 31, 2007 IP
  6. mohms

mohms Active Member

Best Answers:
    Do a google search for "Article Marketing Case Study". I have seen a few case studies and they all showed that article marketing is very promising.

I am just getting into bum marketing myself, and think article marketing is the way to go. As for rolf not making any money with article marketing, there could have been many factors that created his outcome. Bad niche, poor articles, bad website, etc. etc. etc...

mohms, Aug 31, 2007 IP
  7. ExpertForumGuy

ExpertForumGuy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I submitted 5 articles

Every single one of them are on the first page of google.

on the first day, those 5 articles received 230 views.

most websites don't even get that exposure. Bum Marketing works. Rofl definitely wasn't doing something right.

ExpertForumGuy, Sep 1, 2007 IP
  8. ez-online-money.com

ez-online-money.com Peon

Best Answers:
    I will definitely have to disagree that bum marketing is dead. Quite the opposite actually.

My bum marketing projects on the side have been receiving a lot of clicks in the resource box, even though it's not even in my main niche. I can apply these techniques toward my other niche. Articles get indexed and on the front page of Google in a few days tops...something many webmasters would kill for. And I consider myself to have not written enough articles for bum marketing (only 5, shooting for at least 10).

ez-online-money.com, Sep 1, 2007 IP
  9. Volknet

Volknet Peon

Best Answers:
    I read about all you guys saying you're getting to the top of google... great. But the question is... are you making any money from it?

Volknet, Sep 1, 2007 IP
  10. ExpertForumGuy

ExpertForumGuy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    No, I haven't made a dime yet
    why? because i've only been doing it for 1 day.
    But I am getting targeted visitors to my website, and i'm pretty sure they'll eventually convert

because...doesn't targeted traffic = $$$

Bum/Article Marketing is great because....:
    • You get targeted traffic
    • Your article gets listed fast
    • Your article gets immediate exposure
    • Articles last forever, so an article i write today can make money 2 years in the future
    • Residual income from free methods? You can't beat that. It's a gift from God to us poor:"can't afford nobody's tuition folks" lol
    • Article marketing is officially the end of the "money-making rainbow"

ExpertForumGuy, Sep 1, 2007 IP
  11. LinkPopularity

LinkPopularity Peon

Best Answers:
    can som,ebody explain me a bit what this BUM marketeri8ng is all about

if I get it righht it's about writing and submitting articles with affiliate links in ti ... right ?

well, anybody here who would be interested to affiliate my service?

LinkPopularity, Sep 2, 2007 IP
  12. bigboy2000

bigboy2000 Banned

Best Answers:
    Bum Marketing is not dead, it is most effective if you know how to target your niche but still it will really depend also on the article which you will create.

I am not endorsing any site but I suggest you can join here to learn more about it http://www.bummarketingmethod.com/

bigboy2000, Sep 2, 2007 IP
  13. vstar

vstar Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Bum Marketing is Alive and Well... and I make a damn good income with it

I first learned about it when I met a Gentleman by the name of Travis Sago, he and are are both members of the same community of IM Marketers including Bum marketers (check out my signature)

Travis is the originator of the bum marketing method

http://www.bummarketingmethod.com/

For anyone hoping to make riches overnight, this is not for you, I suggest you Buy lottery tickets.

But for anyone willing to do the work, this is it!

vstar, Sep 2, 2007 IP
  14. ScottBannon

ScottBannon Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The key to having success with Bum Marketing is in the keyword/phrase picking.

You have to go beyond just using the free wordtracker tool to find target phrases, it's numbers are often grossly inaccurate and can lead you to believe you'll get decent traffic from a phrase that's actually useless.

The wordtracker tool can give you a good list of potential phrases to target, but before you start writing articles for them you should verify there's actual search interest using Google's Trends tool, or even Google's keyword tools. They won't give you exact numbers to work with, but they will give you a better idea on whether or not your phrases have real search activity on a daily basis.

The second best tip I can offer is that you avoid the saturated markets all-together, such as finance/credit, making money online, web hosting, dieting and etc. No matter how narrow you feel your niche may be in one of these, you're going to be up against seasoned Internet Marketers in it and have little chance at cutting into their wedges.

Hope this helps and good luck

ScottBannon, Sep 2, 2007 IP
    cocoMonkey likes this.
  15. cocoMonkey

cocoMonkey Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks very much guys!

I'm still reading into this.

I've had some success starting websites on niche subjects, then getting backlinks. Some of these make $1 a day with adsense.

This bum marketing seems so much easier, as i dont have to do all the backlink building, just get aticles made.

I cannot wait to start, im just still tied up.

Thanks again.

Any more tips are welcome!

cocoMonkey, Sep 3, 2007 IP
  16. so5

so5 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Which article sites are you using?

so5, Sep 3, 2007 IP
  17. joshmullineaux

joshmullineaux Peon

Best Answers:
    bum is dead

joshmullineaux, Sep 3, 2007 IP
  18. hamidap

hamidap Active Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Could you justify that response? If you can't say something helpful then don't say anything at all ;)

hamidap, Sep 4, 2007 IP
  19. rolf

rolf Active Member

Best Answers:
    Would like to bump this post, how are people doing?

Actually, despite saying it was dead, I am trying bum marketing again ;)

rolf, Nov 11, 2007 IP
  20. anions

anions Notable Member

Best Answers:
    How well are you doing?

anions, Nov 11, 2007 IP