1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Article Marketing & ClickBank - My Documented Journey

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by Ponynugget, Aug 30, 2007.

After doing a tonne of research on article marketing (or "bum marketing"), I've decided to put this method to use by promoting as many ClickBank products as possible. I have a goal of reaching a sustained $100-$150/day. It's pretty ambitious I know, but a recent eBook told me that after working hard for 4 weeks straight "and you are not seeing $150 or more a day I will eat my Russian fur hat". So let's actually put that to the test!

I'll be writing as many articles I can in 6 hours every day for the next 30 days, beginning tomorrow. While I obviously won't be able to reveal my techniques until after that period has ended, I'll do my best to report in this thread every day with updates on traffic and earnings. If it proves to be successful then yes, I'll be happy to provide the information to those that request it.

As I have a tendency to give up on things that don't quickly produce results, I've posted this thread to serve as a sort of inspiration. I do hope that my invested time will be worth it, but if not, at least the proof will be there on whether bum marketing really does work or not.

Wish me luck! :)
    Liam

Ponynugget, Aug 30, 2007 IP
    RichUser and jquindlen like this.
  2. goooogle

goooogle Banned

Best Answers:
    goooogle, Aug 30, 2007 IP
  3. mohms

mohms Active Member

Best Answers:
    COOL! I have always wondered if extreme article marketing was worth it. Glad to know someone without the influence of selling the info they learned for $$$ is giving it a try! Good luck!

mohms, Aug 30, 2007 IP
  4. ez-online-money.com

ez-online-money.com Peon

Best Answers:
    Article marketing is my prime form of marketing, and for good reason. Hope your campaign works out!

ez-online-money.com, Aug 30, 2007 IP
  5. mohms

mohms Active Member

Best Answers:
    I am going to focus my time on article marketing in lieu of PPC from now on, and to cut the learning curve I have a couple of questions ;)

1.) How many article directories do you submit each article to? I have only been using 3 (ezinearticles, goarticles, and articlecity) mainly because they let you have different autor bios for each article.

2.) Do you use the articles you submit as content on your site? Im thinking no because of dup content issues.

Thanks!

mohms, Aug 31, 2007 IP
  6. ayu

ayu Guest

Best Answers:
    Can't wait to see your success. Good luck \(^0^)/

ayu, Aug 31, 2007 IP
  7. Ponynugget

Ponynugget Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for all the kind words guys.

Currently I'm only using ezinearticles & goarticles, but I do plan to use articlecity soon. A completely new article is being written for each article site so that there are no duplicate articles - I've heard that this technique is much better than submitting to hundreds of articles sites for the sake of backlinks, but we'll see.

No, articles posted will not be used on my site.

Day 1 - August 31st, 2007

Unfortunately my day ended up being a whole lot more busy that I had originally planned it to be, so article writing was kept to a minimum. I did manage to write 3 new articles (2 for ezine and 1 for goarticles). All three articles are around 300-350 words and are completely unique - no research was done as I already have extensive knowledge on the product I'm currently promoting.

Funnily enough a related article I submitted to ezine as a sort of test was accepted and published today. In the 12 hours it's been live, it has already resulted in 32 views and 2 clicks to my website. As expected the hits didn't convert into sales, but it's definitely encouraging to see.

I'll be writing an article or two before I head off to bed - it's pretty late here. :)

Ponynugget, Aug 31, 2007 IP
  8. Ponynugget

Ponynugget Peon

Best Answers:
    Day 2 - September 1st, 2007

Progress was somewhat better today. I tried to make the most of my Saturday so I only wrote four articles, but again, all four of them are completely unique and they are not rewrites of existing articles.

An article that I wrote yesterday morning was surprisingly accepted and published, pushing my current views on ezine to 78, with 6 clicks to my website. It's pretty impressive considering that only 2 articles has generated 6 clicks in 2 days. I now have 5 articles pending review on ezine.

[​IMG]

Again, no sales but I really am happy with the way things are turning out so far.

Ponynugget, Sep 1, 2007 IP
  9. tippie

tippie Peon

Best Answers:
    I wish you the best of luck,i've tried a lot of methods also and this is my last resort,hope it works out ;)

tippie, Sep 1, 2007 IP
  10. ez-online-money.com

ez-online-money.com Peon

Best Answers:
    5 pending articles, you're really moving now.

ez-online-money.com, Sep 1, 2007 IP
  11. M5love

M5love Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Good to see! Wish you the best.

How are you linking to your site? Are you forwarding the site.com/page to theoffer page?

M5love, Sep 1, 2007 IP
  12. Mackadoo

Mackadoo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I would like to see your results! Keep 'em coming!

Mackadoo, Sep 1, 2007 IP
    RichUser likes this.
  13. tippie

tippie Peon

Best Answers:
    That's cloaking,maybe some article sites won't accept your article.
    Do these article sites actually click the url you provide them?

tippie, Sep 2, 2007 IP
  14. tzerp

tzerp Peon

Best Answers:
    Excellent, thanks for keeping us updated.

tzerp, Sep 2, 2007 IP
  15. Ponynugget

Ponynugget Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the comments all!

The articles are linking to site.com, where I've built a small blog filled with a bunch of content related to the product I'm promoting (oh, and the affiliate links ;)).

Day 3 - September 2nd, 2007

I'm really struggling to keep my eyes open at the moment so I'll have to keep this short.

Still no sales, but it's been a fantastic day. Article views have almost doubled and clicks have almost tripled! As I understand ezine do not approve articles on weekends, so no pending articles were published today. I did manage to write three new articles though, and have reached the Basic submission restriction of 10 articles. I'll have to wait until all 10 of my articles are approved before I can apply for basic-plus or platinum status. I really am hoping for an immediate upgrade to platinum as all articles are of extremely high quality. I guess only time will tell though!

[​IMG]

Ponynugget, Sep 2, 2007 IP
  16. Mackadoo

Mackadoo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Are you going to make an ebook or report about this when you're done?

Mackadoo, Sep 2, 2007 IP
  17. ExpertForumGuy

ExpertForumGuy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    that's awesome!
    keep up the good work.

make sure you build up an opt-in list on your landing page(s)

ExpertForumGuy, Sep 2, 2007 IP
    RichUser likes this.
  18. ez-online-money.com

ez-online-money.com Peon

Best Answers:
    As long as your have not had any "problems" with your articles (the editors can get extremely picky at times) then you should achieve Platinum status or at the very least Basic-Plus. But once you achieve platinum status I think they will go a little easier on you as far as saying you can't have this link in your resource box, etc.

And I thought they never approved articles on weekends...but evidently they did for one of mine today. Odd.

ez-online-money.com, Sep 2, 2007 IP
  19. Ponynugget

Ponynugget Peon

Best Answers:
    I'll see how it all turns out. If I do see some success with my technique, I will write a short report on how I did it. I haven't decided on whether I'd charge for it or not, but I'm leaning towards handing it out for free.

At the moment my websites are basically blogs with affiliate links. I think I'll see how well this technique converts first before I start offering an opt-in newsletter.

Ponynugget, Sep 3, 2007 IP
  20. Ponynugget

Ponynugget Peon

Best Answers:
    Day 4 - September 3rd, 2007

No screenshot of stats today, but I achieved 180 total views and 22 total clicks. It seems with 2 articles I'll be getting a steady 50 views/7 clicks every day from them. I have a goal of achieving 1000 views by the end of the week.

Unfortunately the 8 pending articles are still waiting to be approved. Hopefully I'll see them all go through over the next couple of days so that traffic will really pick up and generate my first sale.

Ponynugget, Sep 3, 2007 IP