1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

AuctionAds - How does it work for you?

Discussion in 'Affiliate Programs' started by muiomuio, Aug 24, 2007.

I've been using AuctionAds since June and I have over 29000 impressions and over 200 clicks, my CTR average is 0.42% but i haven't got any money from it.

I have read about some people making allot of money from e-bay through auctionads and some people making money with auctionads directly.
    I must say i'm a bit dismotivated that in over 3 months i only have $10 from joining.

How does auctionads work for you? are you happy with it?

If you have any tips on how to get money from auctionads please share, I'm sure allot of people will appreciate it, including me.

muiomuio, Aug 24, 2007 IP
  2. ruby

ruby Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have used it on sites and done quite well.... June was my biggest month but then they started running into these issues and July was down by 50% and August is down by even more.

They have reported that they are having reporting issues but the stats are still being collected and will filter through as they resolve their issues.

I wonder though... I ask them and I get no ETA or a plan of action or anything.

ruby, Aug 24, 2007 IP
    guerilla likes this.
  3. Qryztufre

Qryztufre Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I wish I was getting more money, but I think that may come to pass once they get their reporting issues in check. Last month was rather bad due to keyword malfunctions, and this month has been bad due to the reporting problems.

My CTR is a bit higher (1.07) then my AdSense (not allowed to share I don't think) though, so that is a promising note...but I do know that the CTR is only half of the process...it falls down to the clicks converting to sales.

I tend to think of it more like the AdSense referral system, as something must be done beyond the click to make any cash. Id really like it if they had a line for click conversions so I could get a better reading on it.

But for those of us that have had issues I think it's really too difficult to tell if it's decent or not *shrug* I do know that for some of my pages AA ads are more suited then normal ads, so I'll rough it out as long as I can before looking for alternatives.

I've made 55 cents thus far ;) with 43 clicks which I really don't think is all that low as I do not use the min/max prices and my niche is pretty poor...

I'm mainly in the program to accent the classified section on my forums, and as the forum is member driven, anything above that is better then nothing.

Qryztufre, Aug 24, 2007 IP
  4. muiomuio

muiomuio Active Member

Best Answers:
    What kind of websites do you have?

5. Qryztufre

Best Answers:
    Occult, pagan, and magickal sites mostly ~ at least for the sites I have Auction Ads on.

6. muiomuio

muiomuio Active Member

Best Answers:
    Interesting, what's your montly average?

7. Qryztufre

Best Answers:
    twenty six cents... lol

Trust me, this niche is NOT a money maker, at least not with Adsence (which I'm made a few bucks in six months) or with Auctionads (which like I've said, I've made 55 cents with 43 clicks). Most of the AA clicks I had were people on the forums just checking the new ads out...and I've had a whooping 3 sales.

8. muiomuio

muiomuio Active Member

Best Answers:
    I currently have a transformers website powered by auctionads sales and doesn't get me any money.

9. GTAce

GTAce Notable Member

Best Answers:
    AuctionAds earnings have plummeted from most everybody I've talked to. I know it's hard to believe, but it seems like their customer service is even worse than their earnings.

I'd drop them and move on, as there are much better networks out there.

GTAce, Aug 24, 2007 IP
  10. Entrep

Entrep Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Entrep, Aug 24, 2007 IP
    guerilla likes this.
  11. squeezeplaycards

squeezeplaycards Peon

Best Answers:
    I too struggled with the issues of down time and wrong ads being displayed. It killed my ctr but this has been a better week. I have a referral this week and commissions every day. Now if I just get paid on payday.

squeezeplaycards, Aug 24, 2007 IP
  12. Tearabite

Tearabite Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    The first two months i used AA i made around $1,000.. but then AA broke and it seems like they just can't get it fixed..
    I pretty much dropped AA today and i'm trying out the CJ eBay affiliate program instead..

Tearabite, Aug 24, 2007 IP
    guerilla likes this.
  13. geomark

geomark Peon

Best Answers:
    Your stats look similar to mine, and a lot of other people's I bet. I've written off AA for now. Back to ebay/cj.

geomark, Aug 25, 2007 IP
  14. squarehippies

squarehippies Peon

Best Answers:
    The first 2 months are okay, but after 1 month of holding up and getting less than $20, I lost my patience and dropped AA. Pity because the ads are really relevant to the visitors...

squarehippies, Aug 26, 2007 IP
  15. geomark

geomark Peon

Best Answers:
    They gave me an infraction for bumping this thread. Gee, I wonder who is behind that. I think DP is on its way down the toilet with that kind of obvious abuse by mods.

geomark, Aug 26, 2007 IP
  16. Cyclops

Cyclops sensei

Best Answers:
    I have noticed a huge number of people being Banned lately, I can't comment on whether I think it's justified or not as we can't see the reasons given for the Bans.
    It does seem odd though, perhaps a read of a certain Mods blog might place a little bit of light on it.

Yes Auction Ads have turned to rubbish, like the rest of you, I received good value for the first month then after they did their server maintenance it never recovered.
    I belong to another forum where there are a number of people who own sites with very large traffic ..... 100k uniques a day and upwards.
    WE all placed Auction Ads on our sites, never did receive the $5 tip though ;)
    The consensus among the members is that if AA wasn't showing an improvement by this weekend then we would remove Auction Ads from our sites.
    Well nothing has changed and once they are off our sites we won't be putting them back up.

I have a suspicion on where the problem lies but I'm not bringing it up here. The repercussions could be severe.

Cyclops, Aug 26, 2007 IP
    guerilla likes this.
  17. DaMa

DaMa Peon

Best Answers:
    Guess we all suffer from these stats. But when i wanted to remove them all last week it listed a 50$day.

Can it be so hard to fix these issues?

@geomark. Welcome in the boat, lol.

DaMa, Aug 26, 2007 IP
    guerilla likes this.
  18. bc1

bc1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'm planning ahead with my new eBay ads service and getting a VPS account before the traffic gets too much :eek: I can see how with a lot of members it could easily start to struggle if the hosting wasn't up to the job. The images all come direct from eBay though so they provide a lot of the bandwidth!

If anyone wants to switch to my ads, send me a PM, I'll set up the first 20 with a free lifetime account. :)

Ian

bc1, Aug 26, 2007 IP
  19. guerilla

guerilla Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I'm pretty surprised MediaWhiz hasn't announced that they have fixed the reporting issues, after finally admitting the reports were broken.

Quite simply, I can't afford to publish ads for a service when I cannot feel a reasonable sense of trust that I will be paid for all conversions. That's not even to mention the downtime and untargeted ad display at times.

One would think if AuctionAds had been successful with their 25,000 members, paying for a few full time developer/coders wouldn't have been a problem.

I'm sure that people who have the capital and experience to do something similar will see an opportunity in the marketplace and fill the void. I'm waiting for that program to emerge.

guerilla, Aug 26, 2007 IP
  20. muiomuio

muiomuio Active Member

Best Answers:
    After 2 months with auction ads I haven't got any money made from it and i'm seriously thinking on giving up on it and investing the space and time on some other networks.

Can't seem to make auction ads work for me.

muiomuio, Aug 26, 2007 IP
    guerilla likes this.