1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to Increase Adsense CTR ?

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by Blogspotter, Aug 20, 2007.

It is not OK show Details Like CTR and eCPM, but since I am not disclosing anything else It should be OK.
    Advise otherwise. I will remove it.

What you see is 8+ CTR, with a great eCPM.

What is the trick?
    People keep saying about unique content, great contents blah blah.
    I get most of my visitors to my home page, so I optimize the adsense on my sites only on the homepage.

The trick that I use is less content.
    You heard it right, less content.
    Whener I write new content, the content is usually just a teaser.

And lest google should supplement it, I update the content later on as I add newer articles with less content.

Take a blog for an example.
    I write very short posts.

Google supplements short posts.. It did to me, and I had to add more content later on. I keep writing short posts and then add contents to old posts, for long tail searches. The CTR keeps comming from the fresh posts.

That is how I get good CTR.

How do you get good CTR? let us know.

Oh that is CTR for one month. 8-10 is the average.

Attached Files:

• CTR.JPG
      CTR.JPG
      File size:
      47 KB
      Views:
    Blogspotter, Aug 20, 2007 IP
  2. add_cents

add_cents Peon

Best Answers:
    On days when I don't write a lot of content, my CTR is a bit higher.

add_cents, Aug 20, 2007 IP
  3. godmode

godmode Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What are trying to prove? Less content-------more CTR?

HUH? Whats up with less content and then adding later?

I dont understand that part at all. Care to clarify.

by the way, i am a content guy so i wont even try that trick but still curious to know :p

godmode, Aug 21, 2007 IP
  4. Dollar

Dollar Active Member

Best Answers:
    He's right..as I've read other places. Keeping your visitors wanting more..they'll click on your ads to find what their looking for.

Dollar, Aug 21, 2007 IP
  5. fordP

fordP Peon

Best Answers:
    well.. on my adsense sites i just use good placement

i make blog posts that are long and informative.. teaser articles may get an occasional click in hopes for more information, but in reality most of them will click the back button and return to their search engine.. If you give them good information, and tell them everything they need to know, they may continue to research even deeper into a related niche subject, and your ads will probably contain exactly what they now want ;)

my best sites CTR today was 9-14%

my worst sites ctr was 0-.5%.. but when your building a site that you want people to stay on, a low CTR is not a problem

fordP, Aug 21, 2007 IP
  6. Blogspotter

Blogspotter Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Less content is more CTR. But then you would also have to posts frequently.

I am also a content guy, and I like ur Voip blog :) Kudos to that.

When I say add contents later, my site went supplemental, and only way I could come out were to add contents to the old pages.

As the posts becomes older, when they have moved away from the front page, they become singles pages with little content, and they might go into supplemental. I add content later just for that. Also the page looks new, and get some more traffic, and add to it the long tail traffic...

Never had a sub 7% CTR :)

Blogspotter, Aug 21, 2007 IP
  7. TeachCrunch

TeachCrunch Peon

Best Answers:
    What the money too at running adsense you would risk your google job to get a 100 dollars a month bonus?

My experience is anything over 5 percent usually runs some kind of flag and gets you banned 8 percent seems high , specially if your talking about garbage posts and you expect to be rewarded with some kind of monetary gains while someone like my spends the time developing content and can even break the 100 dollar mark.

Sad thing is people don't click ads regardless but I guess if you work their you could just hand drop your url in the top 10 ( Like youtube videos what crap ) where ever the traffic is I suppose after you analyze the data and create crap sites with one liners so you rope some loser to click a ad.

The premise of PPC is flawed to begin with but you give scrapers a bad name, scrapers at least provide content you just are looking for a High PR and some title tags with a adsense code.

Seems like you don't deserve to rank for anything.

But then again I spend hours and hours for not even a dollar a day.

Because its so bad now as soon as you make the 100 dollar mark now your banned for " Invalid Clicks " . You can't win for losing I dont imagine google adsense will be around much longer. We need a better system for advertisers and publishers.

TV for the Internet on high volume traffic sites I think its over for the little guy , it sure seems that way to me. Its getting to hard to get real traffic now a days and those that do it seems their traffic is grosely inflated to give the illusion of success.

I would rather get a happy meal a day then dilude myself into thinking I could ever make a living with adsense now. I tried forgive me , but online income has always been and always will be More Fluff than substance.

TeachCrunch, Aug 21, 2007 IP
  8. godmode

Best Answers:
    Good post teachcrunch considering you are so new (8 post) here. am fed up of stupid replies lol.

Blogspotter, thanks for the appreciation. However i wouldn't like to agree with your theory. Writing more content isnt going to give you a bad CTR. Thats my opinion.

But then every coin has 2 sides:D

godmode, Aug 21, 2007 IP
  9. fordP

fordP Peon

Best Answers:
    i have a lot of sites with rather high CTR;s

my highest ctr site is based upon a subject I know a lot about, and it is a blog with a lot of high quality posts. The CTR is high, but the ads are not overly blended and I'm confident 99% of the clicks are not accidental, and highly appropriate for the advertisers...

If your adsense click traffic is converting for the advertisers, than there's nothing wrong.

just because you make a $1 a day, and your friend got banned because he got greedy after reaching $100 a month, doesn't mean people need to settle for that.

Earning money with adsense is easy. I quit my job 4 months ago at which time I was making $1 a day on adsense, and i'm now earning 40-50 times that a day, and i'm only going to keep doubling that every month... (im building a new, large site every month or so, and 1-2 blogs a month...)

just because you settled, doesn't mean others need to.

If google thinks im doing something wrong (which im not in any way), they can ban me. I'll start selling my own ad space (through adbrite or on my own), or I will go to YPN...

I'd rather let google pay my rent and bills than settle for a free happy meal every day.

fordP, Aug 21, 2007 IP
  10. TeachCrunch

TeachCrunch Peon

Best Answers:
    You wouldn't want to know what shoemoney and those other guys are reading on the backs of those google checks their so proudly holding in front of their faces, but I sure as heck know that google knows what I am reading on the other side of mine.

Thats great to know, what if I can eclipse your traffic 100 fold, instantly and over night getting a high 26 % click through rate that is relevant to the advertiser and perfectly on target to google. Will they pay it? Doubt it bin their done that.
    You might get away with it obviously because they need some bunk to fill some holes thats great but I wouldn't say its paying my mortgage. In fact I wouldn't want to ever rely on something so well unreliable when it comes to getting .... payed......

I have had those 300 plus dollar days and can do it any time I want , problem is guys like me can affectively hurt googles bottom line in hours if not days doing this draining all advertisers budgets in hours if not days.

As soon as you take the money so no more is comming in .... Banstick.... they want steady amounts of constant premium traffic and reliably.. Good luck since they can't even produce that , leaves you to find it elsewhere.

Problem is their is always a excuse with these PPC companies, a fallback position guarantees for them, and non for us.

I commend you at your effort but , your traffic is still not of higher quality ie.. game sites ( what is the target age groups ) who is google selling to a 15 year old without a credit card or a 35 year old with some established credit and looking for auto parts .

Its just too tough to make the kind of money your talking about... guess its easy if you bill gates but whats he doing trying to compete with us young guys anyway, just send me the check.

11. godmode

Best Answers:
    You bet :D

godmode, Aug 21, 2007 IP
  12. Blogspotter

Best Answers:
    Tsk Tsk.... The whole point is lost.
    I am just trying to imply that if the content is not too long, then the CTR tend to go up. Whoever said anything about crappy content.

I am talking about content optimization..

What I always do is, start a Topic, leave it at to be continued. I add the topic at leisure on some lazy sunday afternoon.

Why would you think that short content is Crap?

Is instapundit crap? Seen those short posts on boingboing.

and Godmode.. Try writing some short commentary someday when you don't have a long post to write. tell me if the CTR don't climb that day )

And CTR won't trip any filter if you have a decent traffic from good sources.

13. wokaka

wokaka Peon

Best Answers:
    well then can you tell me where is your adsense placement? I think what's most important from adsense is the ads placement.

wokaka, Aug 21, 2007 IP
  14. Abhik

Abhik ..:: The ONE ::..

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Well, my CTR is above 5% without doing any tricks..
    and, I am happy with that.

Abhik, Aug 21, 2007 IP
  15. fordP

fordP Peon

Best Answers:
    I doubt you can eclipse my total traffic overnight 100 fold, and if you could, than do it. No point in not doing it.. As you said, your struggling to make $1 a day.

and who said I have game sites? I have better things to waste my time on than what has already been done a million times. I'm not into doing what everyone else is doing. I don't recreate the wheel.. I'm perfectly happy using miniclip and addictinggames.com...

You couldn't hurt googles bottom line in days or hours... Every time one of your ads is clicked, google takes their cut. Their making their money. Where would you get your traffic from anyways to make all this money? Google? Paid advertising?

There's no way you could hurt googles bottom line. Billions of dollars are spent of advertising every year.. You mean to tell me that you could make billions of dollars overnight or in days, and totally deplete every companies online advertising budget?

I'm sorry... Not that I want to argue with you, I just didn't believe a word you said.

fordP, Aug 21, 2007 IP
  16. Blogspotter

Best Answers:
    Always below the Title header.. :D Link color same colour as the header link

17. bebe123

bebe123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    yesterday my ctr show 10>...it is ok ?

bebe123, Aug 21, 2007 IP
  18. wokaka

wokaka Peon

Best Answers:
    can I know how much your unique visitors per month or per day?

one more, do you use a box or blend the box colour with your background? :rolleyes:

wokaka, Aug 21, 2007 IP
  19. Blogspotter

Best Answers:
    Uniques are in excess of 1500 on an average per day, on most older sites.. some more some less. Some are more, and some new sites have lesser. I don't put adsense on new sites. I have about 10 undeveloped domains :(.. gimme time, and i will give u money lolz..

About blending, it depends on the site.
    I blend if the target visitors are not too net savvy... Like health related, sports, history etc.

For tech related, i BOX them well, with distinct color :) as background. I hope you are getting what I am trying to say. If the visitor know that a link is an adsense Block, I tell him that IT is ONE very distinctly. since they tend to be ad blind :)

Does ur weightloss site convert well..
    I just bought a weightloss domain today very early morning to sell weightloss4idiots :)

I have had 20% at times. As long as the clicks are genuine, that is not a cause of concern. If you are scared, you may write a mail to google. I always... I have written thousand of mails to them... Maybe i will get a lava lamp spme day for the most letters sent.

20. TeachCrunch

TeachCrunch Peon

Best Answers:
    Well conduct your own experiments , but you will begin to realize fast that unless you have some information I don't making money with adsense is much different from making money with other PPC programs.

For instance lets say I run ADS-CLICK as a experiment and I am a forum guy or something like that and I have a brand newy....

Now the traffic is new and a buzz is generated and I am getting traffic galore. All I do is slam some Google Adsense Code on their and I see a instant 2 % - 8 % Conversion.

Why is that? When my ADS-CLICK doesn't receive anything like that, example is .01 percent now and same with bidvertiser aor Bidclix and exoads or any other pay per click program.

Is it the targeting is so bad for these other programs or the fact that only google ads seem to allow bots to parse the ads and count some as clicks?

I am just saying , it bothers me when people try and dilude the young dufuss's that keep coming back for more with ADSENSE , if they all ran PPC properly PPC would work it doesnt because of BotNets.

Again if they had a intention of paying you in the first place their would never cancle you in the first place.

Best way to get banned from adsense? Get real clicks.....