1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

My long-term goal is to make $5479/day. Is it possible?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Chopster, Aug 20, 2007.

Is it possible to make close to $6000/day through affiliate websites?

More specifically, it is possible to make $6000 through mini-sites, or do you need some mega empire website that has tons of traffic to do it.

Chopster, Aug 20, 2007 IP
  2. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    You have to learn how to walk before you can run, right? Learn to make $5/day from affiliate sales, before setting bigger goals. Traffic is key for sure, whether it comes from 1 or 100 websites doesn't really matter.

dcristo, Aug 20, 2007 IP
  3. scriptillusion

scriptillusion Peon

Best Answers:
    Why $5479 a day that's an odd number to come up with?

Anyway, yeah I agree with dcristo learn how to make $5, then $50, then $500, etc, etc. I think you get the point, but once you have a strategy to make a certain amount of income, mini-nets are a great way of recreating it and really giving your sites a stronghold in the search engines for certain keywords/phrases.

Like all things hard work and dedication yada, yada, yada. But it is true.

Good Luck to you and your endeavors.

scriptillusion, Aug 20, 2007 IP
  4. geneuine

geneuine Peon

Best Answers:
    Just spend 6k/day advertising and you'll be making $5479/day soon enough, lol.

geneuine, Aug 20, 2007 IP
  5. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    I thought the same thing. Maybe it's not a genuine question and there testing effectiveness of title ad copy? :rolleyes::D

dcristo, Aug 20, 2007 IP
  6. superskill

superskill Active Member

Best Answers:
    making 5$/day from affiliates it's hard if you are new in the business :) But what's with 5479$, why not 10000$ a day :D

superskill, Aug 20, 2007 IP
  7. shafty

shafty Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well first question has to be. How much a day are you making right now?

I started off on $1 and as you evolve and learn it goes up n up. I dont think there are too many short cuts

shafty, Aug 20, 2007 IP
  8. scriptillusion

scriptillusion Peon

Best Answers:
    Well if that was the case, I guess it was effective. lol

scriptillusion, Aug 20, 2007 IP
  9. csroster

csroster Guest

Best Answers:
    I guess it's possible with either one site or a bunch of mini-sites. I know somebody is doing it with 1 site, but I don't know if anyone is off of mini-sites. So just for myself, If I was looking to make that kind of money I'd probably try to build one giant empire :cool:

csroster, Aug 20, 2007 IP
  10. Chopster

Chopster Peon

Best Answers:
    I am making only $25/day from Adsense, but am looking to get into Affiliates to diversify my incomes.

The reason I set my goal for $5479 is because my goal is to make $2 million dollars a year.

As for walking before running, I do understand. However, I guess I just wanted to make sure my ladder was against the right building before I started the climb.

It seems like if you were making $2 million a year with Adsense, you'd be paranoid everyday of getting kicked from their program.

Is affliates where the potential big money is at?
    Is it also more secure than other methods of making money?

11. Spider Man

Spider Man Guest

Best Answers:
    Wake up Johnny !!! Dream Over :D .. .. Its good to dream .. i always do :D ..... Earning that much amount is possible .. but for that u need a big empire of network websites !!!!

Spider Man, Aug 20, 2007 IP
  12. Chopster

Chopster Peon

Best Answers:
    Haha Spiderman. I really don't think there is such a thing as too big of a dream. You just set your goal, then work hard towards it...as you do, the necessary steps to achieving that goal will unfold before you along the way.

When you hit a roadblock, go around it. When you find yourself doubting, ignore it. When you come to something you are fearful of doing, do it anyway.

13. Hammerfall

Hammerfall Peon

Best Answers:
    This would be insanely time-consuming if you're going to build up and SEO each site so it brings in natural search engine traffic. If you build a big enough list (in this case probably lists) and promote your affiliate sites/links that way, yeah you could do it.

Hammerfall, Aug 20, 2007 IP
  14. Skouk

Skouk Guest

Best Answers:
    "It seems like if you were making $2 million a year with Adsense, you'd be paranoid everyday of getting kicked from their program."

You will be a premium publisher. And you will have very good relation with them :)

Skouk, Aug 20, 2007 IP
  15. Chopster

Chopster Peon

Best Answers:
    Even if your websites are ugly mini-sites? I have a ton of mini-sites that have high CTR, but they are ugly. Sometimes I wonder if that turns Google off.

I guess in the end, it's the conversion rate that your site creates from the clicks more than anything.

With affiliates, you don't have to live under such hard scrutiny.

16. Game Producer

Game Producer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Sounds good to me.

Very important... and from my experience: many people start with adsense but many also replace them later with other type of ads (such as direct ad selling).

Could be, but then there would be also other places like YPN etc. Besides - if you would make $2M a year, you have to realize that Google would make big bucks from you too - no way they want to get rid of their own cash cows.

Well, I'd like to think affiliate income as a good additional income stream. It might take some time to find the right programs, but when you do - you might end up realizing that you can do pretty good income from them (with quit little effort from your part).

I wouldn't call it secure (nor less secure) than other methods. With adsense income you can predict quite well how much you are going to do in one month - with affiliates the income might come "occasionally".

Bottom line:
    I think you've done a good job with your adsense income. Maybe you could try to hire somebody to do work for you. You can outsource a lot with just $200-300 per month (Which would leave you much less work and $500 per month from adsense). Then you could start building another site/attempt and get it to certain income level... outsource and repeat.

Also, I would suggest searching for big income affiliate products (yet something that might fit your audience): you just might one some really good ones.

Last but not least, consider selling links. There are some pros and cons with selling links, but many people are making good extra money from these sales.

Good luck with your venture - keep us informed how it's working for you.

Game Producer, Aug 21, 2007 IP
  17. n3o_the_on3

n3o_the_on3 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    its not very much impossible if you work hard, get better traffic and learn somethings special with experience. when you will archive some real experience with adsense that could make you much successive. at last my statement is " its possible but not either so easily or early

n3o_the_on3, Aug 21, 2007 IP
  18. Shakas

Shakas Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Just one silly question, and a bit off topic:
    Has anyone ever made $500.000 year? thats ~$1370 day... is that possible?

if so then you will have to work a LOT harder than that person... not 4times hard, a LOT harder. The hight you are in the ladder the harder is to rise to the next step.

Dont take me wrong but i think you´re dreaming a bit high, $500 day ist diffcult very, imagine 11times that.

But i hope you manage to do that, just dont think is "that easy".

Shakas, Aug 21, 2007 IP
  19. Markas

Markas Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    everything is possible, you can earn even more I think ;)

Markas, Aug 21, 2007 IP
  20. Chopster

Chopster Peon

Best Answers:
    Game Producer...Thanks for the info. Good stuff there. As for the long term, I think it would be useful to hire new help as you move along in order to make even more websites, also to maintain them and market them.

Shakas...It doesn't have to be difficult. I believe you will find ways to make it easier as you go along. If you are making $500/day, the first thing you should be thinking about is hiring someone to help out so you are not doing 11 times the work.

If you set your goals to make $6000/day, you will attract solutions that are on a level with making $6000/day. It's completely up to you. I would like to make more than $500/day, so I have decided to set my goals much higher than that.

As for it getting more and more difficult as you rise to higher income brackets, I have heard the complete opposite. The more money you have coming in, the easier it is to make more. You have money to reinvest on a whole new level.

Markas....good attitude.

Chopster, Aug 21, 2007 IP