1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Joel Comm fraud or real ?

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by Shoemoney, Nov 6, 2005.

So I got a pm from someone asking me if I ever heard of Joel Comm and if I bought his book... I have never bought anyones book on making money with adsense...

I learned all from the school of Shawn Hogan http://www.Shawnhogan.edu ;)

Anyway

so this guy has a site http://www.adsense(dash)secrets.com/google.htm replace the (dash) with a -

Evidently he has spoke at a number of events and has a following it seems... but it looks also like everyone has made a page to sell his book through affiliate stuff so maybe that is skewed.

Ok so the one thing I noticed on his site is this-

Now I have been a premium advertiser since last january and I have always got checks free "secured courier". The issue is they have never come via ups. They have always came via DHL. I called my prem rep just to verify and she said they have never come ups.... weird eh?

Shoemoney, Nov 6, 2005 IP
  2. Neurophase

Neurophase Guest

Best Answers:
    Total Fraud! I bet he doctored his AdSense report on photoshop too!

Regardless of how useful you think it is, at least I give my eBook the AdSense Mint away for free.

Neurophase, Nov 6, 2005 IP
  3. WebWriter

WebWriter Active Member

Best Answers:
    He has his own adsense forum and the users seem to really appreciate his advice. I doubt he is a fraud.

WebWriter, Nov 6, 2005 IP
  4. Neurophase

Neurophase Guest

Best Answers:
    Has anyone here actually purchased his eBook? Is it any good?

Neurophase, Nov 6, 2005 IP
  5. tlainevool

tlainevool Guest

Best Answers:
    tlainevool, Nov 6, 2005 IP
  6. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Very interesting when it comes to the issue of his business ethics or rather the lack thereof.

Blogmaster, Nov 6, 2005 IP
  7. AuctionMan

AuctionMan Peon

Best Answers:
    I have read and own the ebook and am also a member on his forum, the book is very worthwhile and I have found throughout my dealings with Joel that he is a very honest guy.

I am not linked to any of his sites, nor do I have any affiliation with any of his sites so i have no gain from making this statement other than to answer the original posters question.

Mike

AuctionMan, Nov 6, 2005 IP
  8. millst2

millst2 Guest

Best Answers:
    haha thats awesome shoe, yet another scammer revealed

millst2, Nov 6, 2005 IP
  9. clpounds

clpounds Peon

Best Answers:
    There is no doubt Joel is makey a huge amount of money, but the way he does it can be very bothersome.

clpounds, Nov 6, 2005 IP
  10. Burta

Burta Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'd vouch for the guy as well. I'm on his forums whilst I have never read his ebook I'm extremely tempted with all the rave reviews it gets. I can't comment on the UPS issue but I have a feeling that I have read elsewhere (maybe even on his blog) that he receives his checks via DHL. Either way he operates a fairly popular Adsense forum which regardless of his input has drawn a number of highly successful Adsense so it is of value to me.

Burta, Nov 6, 2005 IP
  11. Juan G

Juan G Peon

Best Answers:
    Joel Comm runs some high traffic websites since years ago. Although the traffic estimates (from services such as MetricsMarket, etc.) are not very reliable, I think Joel can be earning a five-figure even with normal optimization.

I think his ebook has good points, like tracking user response, but maybe he insists too much about blending for high CTR. In my opinion moderate blending is ok (as Google does with the ads on serps), but excessive blending might lead to smart pricing hitting after low conversions. I would say, think about your users and find a good middle point.

Google is using DHL this year, however it has also used UPS around the winter of 2004-2005, and FedEx before. This was for the so-called FedEx and UPS Clubs, for the five-figures, but I don't know about the premium publishers.

Juan G, Nov 6, 2005 IP
  12. aeiouy

aeiouy Peon

Best Answers:
    Outstanding credentials!

aeiouy, Nov 6, 2005 IP
    DomainMagnate likes this.
  13. jlawrence

jlawrence Peon

Best Answers:
    I wouldn't put money on that.

I've got a copy of Joel's ebook - which a client sent me and it's still sat unread along with another 31 which he sent me (believe me even with a 10Mb connection that email took some downloading - not all were even pdf's).
    I do think that he (JC) make quite a bit of money, I've seen various bits of advice from him and most isn't exactly rocket sceince - but it is good advice.
    You gotta remember, many people consider 25K per month to be mega massive earnings. Talk to SM, I reckon he makes that +more in a week :). But most people who look JC's stuff aren't the type of people who are going to come into a forum like this. They are the people that are looking for a way out of a normal boring JOB. 1/10 th of what JC is talking about will allow many people to leave their jobs. They are the type of people who say yep, I'll try that, I know F*** all about the net or SEO or SEM but why not I'll try it. And for some it will work.
    At the end of the day, 25K per month isn't a huge amount of money (you can add onto that what he makes from his ebooks) - it's less than 1K per day. I put a site together last month that is now bringing in $50+ per day, if I throw 20 of those sites up I'd be able to write the same kind of book (and guess what people would buy it :eek: - more fool them).
    I've taken advice form many people and will continue to do so (at least I hope I will).

The golden rule is NEVER take advice from someone who is where you're at, always take advice from people who are where you want to be.

There is the problem with the internet, it's very hard to tell whether someone is spinning you a line, telling you porkies, or whatever the phrase is where you're from. Personally, if it's plausable I'll try it - and yes, robbing a bank is plausible (but I won't take the risk for less than 50 million). I've wasted lots of money over the years trying things - but every time I tried something I learnt something as well. Sometimes it might have been that I simply wasn't cut out to do it: (amway) - I knew it worked but I just wasn't ready for the work required.

Damn this this turning into a stupid pointless post.
    That's what happens when there a bottle of 151 next to the screen :D

So is Joel Comm a fraud -- I doubt it.

At the end of the day, he's not promising that you'll earn millions like some people I could mention. His site talks about 25K per month, which isn't to be sniffed at (unless you're SM then it could make you cry :) ).
    If that's what you want (25K) then buy his book.

But why should you ????
    SM earns more way more than that --------- follow his advice (freely given) and see where you end up.

This industry is only in it's beginning, don't get greedy yet
    The online advertising will far far outstrip other forms soon, think of what's to come ...................................................

jlawrence, Nov 6, 2005 IP
    chachi likes this.
  14. spraven

spraven Peon

Best Answers:
    I have Joel's eBook and it has some Great Information. It is written so both Advance Users and Newbies alike can understand and do better with AdSense.

I never stake everything on someone else's opinion, for obvious reasons, but if you can get great information from someone, it is worth it for that single purpose.

Just my thoughts...

Scott

spraven, Nov 6, 2005 IP
  15. my44

my44 Peon

Best Answers:
    I have. It's mostly like a text-book. Great for beginners. If you are looking for $100 keyword, this is not the e-book for you.

my44, Nov 6, 2005 IP
  16. my44

my44 Peon

Best Answers:
    The rave reviews come from his affiliates :)

Imagine, $97 e-book, Joel can take $70, and the rest is commission. People like me wouldn't mind a $27 commission for some simple and nice words.

my44, Nov 6, 2005 IP
  17. webgator

webgator Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Who is SM?

webgator, Nov 6, 2005 IP
  18. spraven

spraven Peon

Best Answers:
    I can understand if affiliates would give him Rave Reviews, they would like the commission, but I am personally not an affiliate for him.

I like what he has written only because of the help I got from it. Other than that, it doesn't matter to me either way if you buy it or not. :)

Notice, I don't even offer a link anywhere to purchase it? :D

Now, to go on about my business...

Scott

spraven, Nov 6, 2005 IP
  19. zombie123

zombie123 Peon

Best Answers:
    lol Welcome to the forum...
    SM == Shoe Money Search for his threads ;)

zombie123, Nov 6, 2005 IP
  20. webgator

webgator Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks Zombie! :D

webgator, Nov 6, 2005 IP