1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

ONLY 18,698 LLLL.coms are left! "BUY them while they LAST"

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by GreenGambler, Aug 13, 2007.

1. integrity

integrity Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    They aren't all crap. I just picked up 10 more. 6 of which I would deem properly pronounceable. :)

integrity, Aug 15, 2007 IP
  2. GreenGambler

GreenGambler Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yep, I agree 100%. That is whey I posted a list of the LLLL.coms that contain US state abbreviations.

For some reason the page I listed them on is asking for people to install a MS Frontpage componant using the MS OFFICE CD, LOL I lost mine and it is asking me too.. And I published the darn thing.. LOL For now just press Cancel, Cancel.. and you should still be able to see the Excel sheet I posted.

I will fix it later today and make it into a simple table. - Sorry if you are having problems.

I figure you have to start somewhere and a US state based acronym is as good a place as any.

Good job finding pronouncables, by the way, there are very, very, few of those left.. You must have a good eye to catch them!

GreenGambler, Aug 15, 2007 IP
  3. WatchOut

WatchOut Guest

Best Answers:
    I don't think it's a clever investment, simply because most of them are non-prounounceable and very hard to remember.

Regards,
    Meti

WatchOut, Aug 15, 2007 IP
  4. alan8888

alan8888 Active Member

Best Answers:
    i think the 4L.com price take forever to raise it... it is 26 times more the the 3L.com I remember I bought a 3L.com 4-5 years ago..around 500. And I sold it for 5000 couple month ago. . the domain takes 5 years to raise 10 time. and 4L is 26 times more domain than the 3L . So it takes 5years x 26 to raise 10 times = 130 years.

Good luck for all ppl

alan8888, Aug 15, 2007 IP
  5. BusinessForums.com

BusinessForums.com Peon

Best Answers:

Good analysis but I think the potential of its value skyrocketting is worth the risk of $10 ;)

BusinessForums.com, Aug 15, 2007 IP
  6. ahkip

ahkip Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    $10 is just the first year..:D

ahkip, Aug 15, 2007 IP
  7. argothiusz

argothiusz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Maybe it will worth the investment if I buy a 4L and make a site to go with it.

argothiusz, Aug 15, 2007 IP
  8. GreenGambler

Best Answers:
    I agree that the developed LLLL.com sites are always going to be worth more that the undeveloped names. Unless of course it a developed XQJK.com compared to an undeveloped BoBo.com... for obvious reasons.. LOL

BTW:
    The problem, if anyone had one, with my list of available LLLL.coms containing US state abbreviations is now FIXED and available. I will update the results tomorrow but I imagine most are still available.

You may need to refresh the page.

http://www.buydomainnamesforsale.com/LLLL_us_states.htm

Thanks for your patience

GreenGambler, Aug 15, 2007 IP
  9. maverick123

maverick123 Peon

Best Answers:
    LLLL.com have been appearing on daily sales charts of sedo.com...........good for LLLL.COM owners like me :)

maverick123, Aug 16, 2007 IP
  10. GreenGambler

Best Answers:
    Yes there seem to be nice sales everyday on all of the domain name sales sites.

Also there are now only 16,008 available LLLL.coms to register.

They are going fast and I'm pretty sure they will remain registered in the years to come with a few droping every day but being picked back up.

GreenGambler, Aug 20, 2007 IP
  11. Swefx

Swefx Guest

Best Answers:
    They will eventually become worth something. I think it will just take time. Maybe in 5 years they will be worth as much as lll.com's.

Swefx, Aug 20, 2007 IP
    Raj Kumar likes this.
  12. ritadebock

ritadebock Peon

Best Answers:
    just registerd some... you never know

ritadebock, Aug 21, 2007 IP
  13. mcgauley10

mcgauley10 Peon

Best Answers:
    i destinctly remember back around '96 when people said non pron. LLL.coms were worthless, now you can get one without paying xx,xxx. So yes, in 10 or more years, LLLL.com should be worth the investment, but be prepared to wait a very....long....time

mcgauley10, Aug 22, 2007 IP
  14. $tumbler

$tumbler Banned

Best Answers:
    Yes thats true :)

$tumbler, Aug 22, 2007 IP
  15. NickRac

NickRac Peon

Best Answers:
    or $4.18...:p

NickRac, Aug 22, 2007 IP
  16. Pixelrage

Pixelrage Peon

Best Answers:
    I picked up one LLLL.com a couple years ago for $150, it can very easily become an acronym for something (what - I don't know, but it can) which is why I bought it

Pixelrage, Aug 22, 2007 IP
  17. ricdes

ricdes Peon

Best Answers:
    I just got NXVC.com I'm probably making some site about venture capital there...

ricdes, Aug 22, 2007 IP
  18. soldm8

soldm8 Guest

Best Answers:
    a leapfish if you wanna believe it valued it:

yapw.com

Domain Name Appraised: yapw.com

Combined Domain Name Appraisal Value Score: 218

Estimated Domain Name Value:

$3,488.00

i dont know if there valuable or not i personally like pronounceable domains like tubebank.com or televisionpicture.com i own allot of domain names and i think brand ability over LLLL's will be worth more in years to come...just IMHO

soldm8, Aug 22, 2007 IP
  19. admin@suckered.us

admin@suckered.us Banned

Best Answers:
    Well I will personally back up GreenGambler on this one. He won't recognise my username here perhaps... perhaps he will .. As a domainer I use a different one and as a developer I use this one , but I've encountered his posting numerous times in the domaining world and can tell you with experience being a buyer / seller / broker for a fair number of years now .. He's telling the truth. I in fact recently registered a large number of them with Eozl.com being the last one. I'm now moving on the LLLLL.com acronyms. These domains gain value quickly. It wasnt long ago I was able to buy axlz.com and I should have held it for the acronym value but thats hindsight 20/20 . I have a hefty portfolio and he's telling the truth with the LLLL.coms sure the ones left are crap letters and mostly CCVC combos etc but the average LLL.com is now worth 5 to 10K and ALOT more as a word.

You decide.

You also have to consider that "Domaining" is now a career and sociably acceptable and going mainstream as a multibillion dollar industry and portfolio owners are no longer "cybersquatters" but actually making business investments.. Domains are getting harder to get. Almost anything you can think of is registered and if you want a good one you nearly have to purchase them now.. combine that with more businesses turning to the internet for a variety of reasons including lower overhead, bigger market, and you're in a win / win industry being a domain investor.

admin@suckered.us, Aug 22, 2007 IP