1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Does Google hate .info's?

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by Lpspider, Aug 10, 2007.

1. 5starpix

5starpix Notable Member

Best Answers:
    my .info domain was being listed on google, but now the sites down, and it got removed from google, it was a download site for media

5starpix, Aug 10, 2007 IP
  2. jingjing

jingjing Peon

Best Answers:
    see this example.

regular-expressions.info

.info with PR7

jingjing, Aug 10, 2007 IP
  3. longhornfreak

longhornfreak Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    A good reason for that...your sites down.

And yes they do have something agains .info's You can pick up a .com for $6 I don't see why people choose to go with a cheap .info. What ever you invest in your site, you usually get back, if you are a good webmaster.

longhornfreak, Aug 10, 2007 IP
  4. infogle

infogle Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    See... why is all going on for what topic...??

.info is nothing but just a domain extension... and how could domain extension affect the SE ranking... i dont think so this could happen rather SE looks for the contents and other things instead of looking at domain extensions...

infogle, Aug 10, 2007 IP
  5. iatbm

iatbm Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Sooner you get some things we say here into your head sooner you will become good webmaster !

1. There is nothing wrong with .info in terms of SE ranking
    2. .info domains are more suitable for certain INFORMATION websites !

iatbm, Aug 10, 2007 IP
  6. digfor

digfor Peon

Best Answers:
    .info does well. can't be a reason for not getting good ranking.

digfor, Aug 10, 2007 IP
  7. coolsitez

coolsitez Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    coolsitez, Aug 10, 2007 IP
  8. BrianJump

BrianJump Active Member

Best Answers:
    black hatters for the longest time used them..but now use .coms et al since they are pretty cheap as well..google did have a tweak in the algo..proof is out there

BrianJump, Aug 11, 2007 IP
  9. iatbm

iatbm Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    What proof ?

iatbm, Aug 12, 2007 IP
  10. Blogspotter

Blogspotter Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The only disadvantage of .info TLD is that It loooks spammy thats all..
    It might affect the adwords quality score, MAYBE.... But TLD don't matter for SERP... That is what everybody says, In every webmaster and every SEO forum in every 3rd thread and I have strong belief in the wisdom of the crowd.

Blogspotter, Aug 12, 2007 IP
    zaczebra likes this.
  11. iatbm

iatbm Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Certainly doesn't look spammy to my mom and average internet user ;) They don't even know about TLD

iatbm, Aug 12, 2007 IP
  12. Blogspotter

Blogspotter Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The point was that It has NO other DISadvantage :)

Blogspotter, Aug 12, 2007 IP
  13. aakashshah123

aakashshah123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have 90% of my domains in .info . I prefer .info since all the sites are information blogs and i think .info justifies it the most.
    Also most of my sites are on top pages of SERPs for even competitive keywords.
    Its the content that matters and not the TLDs.

function __RP_Callback_Helper(str, strCallbackEvent, splitSize, func){var event = null;if (strCallbackEvent){event = document.createEvent('Events');event.initEvent(strCallbackEvent, true, true);}if (str && str.length > 0){var splitList = str.split('|');var strCompare = str;if (splitList.length == splitSize)strCompare = splitList[splitSize-1];var pluginList = document.plugins;for (var count = 0; count < pluginList.length; count++){var sSrc = '';if (pluginList[count] && pluginList[count].src)sSrc = pluginList[count].src;if (strCompare.length >= sSrc.length){if (strCompare.indexOf(sSrc) != -1){func(str, count, pluginList, splitList);break;}}}}if (strCallbackEvent)document.body.dispatchEvent(event);}function __RP_Coord_Callback(str){var func = function(str, index, pluginList, splitList){pluginList[index].__RP_Coord_Callback = str;pluginList[index].__RP_Coord_Callback_Left = splitList[0];pluginList[index].__RP_Coord_Callback_Top = splitList[1];pluginList[index].__RP_Coord_Callback_Right = splitList[2];pluginList[index].__RP_Coord_Callback_Bottom = splitList[3];};__RP_Callback_Helper(str, 'rp-js-coord-callback', 5, func);}function __RP_Url_Callback(str){var func = function(str, index, pluginList, splitList){pluginList[index].__RP_Url_Callback = str;pluginList[index].__RP_Url_Callback_Vid = splitList[0];pluginList[index].__RP_Url_Callback_Parent = splitList[1];};__RP_Callback_Helper(str, 'rp-js-url-callback', 3, func);}function __RP_TotalBytes_Callback(str){var func = function(str, index, pluginList, splitList){pluginList[index].__RP_TotalBytes_Callback = str;pluginList[index].__RP_TotalBytes_Callback_Bytes = splitList[0];};__RP_Callback_Helper(str, null, 2, func);}function __RP_Connection_Callback(str){var func = function(str, index, pluginList, splitList){pluginList[index].__RP_Connection_Callback = str;pluginList[index].__RP_Connection_Callback_Url = splitList[0];};__RP_Callback_Helper(str, null, 2, func);}

aakashshah123, Aug 12, 2007 IP
  14. Mara Linz

Mara Linz Peon

Best Answers:
    I bear with you about this fact, even though info domains achieved spam "prestige" after the free giveaway of 2004, time in which almost anyone got at least one but not necessarily for blog spamming but generic junk.

Afilias has tried to keep prices accesible to avoid further decadence and still being competitive against the main extension (com, net, org)

I believe they have stayed there, at a competitive level and when they have good keyword-name and quality content, they rank well.

Examples:

www.afilias.info = PR7
    www.spain.info = PR7
    www.austria.info = PR7
    www.amsterdam.info = PR7
    www.webhosting.info = PR7
    www.fetchbook.info = PR7
    www.elearningeuropa.info = PR7
    www.tsunamiwave.info = PR7
    www.safrica.info = PR6

and so on, even though I haven't seen a PR9 or PR10 but this is pretty common with all extensions.

Mara Linz, Aug 12, 2007 IP