1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Myspace resource site vs proxy site

Discussion in 'General Business' started by surf4fun, Aug 8, 2007.

Hi there which will be wise decision for making quick and growing money with adsense

myspace resource site.. like free myspace graphics layout games codes..

or a group of proxy sites.. with php proxy or zelune script..

as per search term according to overture US last month data

------------------------------------
    For proxy

according to hosting side.. proxy host is expensive if you go for dedicated ..

dont have idea for myspace resource site..

as per traffic site

proxy traffic is easy to get with proxy toplist sites..

myspace traffic is easy to get with myspace friend adders?? can you tell me if i m wrong..

:confused:

surf4fun, Aug 8, 2007 IP
  2. mxjoy

mxjoy Guest

Best Answers:
    though the search stats are there for good SEO ranking, MSRS are viral by nature. You get 100 kids to use your layouts and their little buddies click your various links embedded in their layouts and are directed back to you....

mxjoy, Aug 8, 2007 IP
  3. sat123

sat123 Banned

Best Answers:
    A proxy site would get world wide traffic...but if it should support myspace and orkut...also myspace is blocked in US schools and they need a proxy...but point is that there are more proxy sites and less myspace dedicated sites...so u choose myspace layout site to get more traffic.....u have both two..will be better

sat123, Aug 9, 2007 IP
  4. lithman

lithman Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Only make a proxy site if you don't mind people using it to look up illegal stuff

lithman, Aug 9, 2007 IP
  5. sharkyx

sharkyx Peon

Best Answers:
    both are top niches with a a lot of competitors. If your seo is good enough i would undeniably go with the myspace one. It's much more rewarding, but harder to get it up to the top.

sharkyx, Aug 9, 2007 IP
  6. Conkster

Conkster Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I wouldn't describe either as "top niches". There are so many sites in these two areas. I know there's money to be made, but wouldn't you be better off starting something more original? Good luck.

Conkster, Aug 9, 2007 IP
  7. davewashere

davewashere Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think the MySpace resource traffic would get higher quality traffic. Adsense has tons of inventory for MySpace-related keywords. I've never used a proxy site, so I don't even know what kind of advertising you put on there. What Adsense ads get displayed on a proxy site? Some of the users might not even be able to read the ads very well, and proxy users tend to be more advanced internet-users than the general public, so they tend to know when they are looking at an advertisement.

davewashere, Aug 9, 2007 IP
  8. lifetalk

lifetalk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Proxy sites can start getting massive traffic (provided they work with MS and Orkut) in a matter of weeks. Infact, I've seen people making a decent profit and having huge networks of proxy sites.

However, MS resource sites are difficult to get traffic to. If your site has original resources, and you have a myspace profile with 10,000 plus friends.. it could be great kick start. But, you don't have to ignore the SEO!

I would go for MSRS if i want to keep ownership of the site for long term. However, if you are looking for quick bucks by making.. and selling off sites...i would go for Proxy.

:)

lifetalk, Aug 9, 2007 IP
  9. Sohan

Sohan Peon

Best Answers:
    Personally, I'd start a proxy site.

They get alot of hits as long as they work with myspace, youtube, gmail and other big sites.

Myspace resource sites are harder to get off the ground, and need more money putting into it as well as time.

Proxies biggest cost is the servers, other than that you just have to log on once or twice a day to check revenue, and check the traffic to make small changes if you want. Go to http://focused.org/proxy-discussions/ for more proxy help.

Sohan, Aug 9, 2007 IP
  10. lifetalk

Best Answers:
    I agree on that.
    However, as I said earlier..

Proxy sites are good for short term revenue.

if you want to earn a decent profit in the long term, MSRS is your best bet. Because even though they have high start up costs and require hardwork, if done properly, the rewards are huge!

lifetalk, Aug 9, 2007 IP
  11. login

login Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Forget making money with myspace sites, click pays VERY low. With proxies you can make money.

login, Aug 9, 2007 IP
  12. lifetalk

Best Answers:

Come on!!!
    Even proxy sites/ads don't pay big bucks. They're peanuts too!

The reason why I would classify MSRS as money makers is because the people who visit them are always looking for something NEW to spice up their MySpace profile.
    And naturally, they would be a LOT more interested in the advertisements (provided they are about myspace and not viagara :D) and thus, you can effectively have a higher CTR on a MSRS.

In the case of proxies.. they just want to access the blocked websites.. they are seldom interested in the advertisements..

Donno about others... but that is how i justify it

So.. if someone could make a proxy script that would modify the adsense code, and replace the Pub ID of the proxified pages with the PUB ID of the proxy owner.. it would be heaven :p (Talking about ADSENSE!)

P.S: I have that script... uses MySQL .. but does not work.. donno why.. am a complete n00b at php/mysql.. so if someone can volunteer to fix it :D

P.P.S: Don't mean to bash your opinion Login :)

lifetalk, Aug 9, 2007 IP
  13. login

login Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Didnt mean to bash your either, sorry, I didnt even read it, i just answered the OP. My answer was out of my own experience only. Surely I agree that any kind of site you really work hard with will get you good money.

login, Aug 9, 2007 IP
  14. lifetalk

Best Answers:
    Seriously and surprisingly... i did NOT find your post to be Bashful :D

Neway.. one n00by question... what does OP stand for? :eek:

lifetalk, Aug 9, 2007 IP
  15. login

login Notable Member

Best Answers:
    original post(er)

login, Aug 9, 2007 IP
  16. Scriptona

Scriptona Notable Member

Best Answers:
    how about combination of them both ?

Scriptona, Aug 9, 2007 IP
  17. lifetalk

Best Answers:
    Could be.. run both of them... and see what makes the most money

Or maybe.. integrate a proxy in a MSRS script..
    but then.. you run the risk of being blocked soon enough by the network admins, etc (which is the main reason why proxies see a decline in revenue after a few months!)

lifetalk, Aug 10, 2007 IP