1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Traffic = $$$$

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by CrossSeeker, Aug 7, 2007.

I heard that traffic = money, but the problem is, I don't have any traffic.
    What can I do to get some traffic? Can someone help me please?

I really want to make some money by the end of this year!

Thanks.

CrossSeeker, Aug 7, 2007 IP
  2. leonusst

leonusst Peon

Best Answers:
    you should get targeted traffic

leonusst, Aug 7, 2007 IP
  3. John Guanzon

John Guanzon Peon

Best Answers:
    Traffic doesn't equal money.

Knowing how to convert your visitors into leads and then leads into buying and returning customers equals money.

John Guanzon, Aug 7, 2007 IP
  4. iatbm

iatbm Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    write, write, write unique content and you will get traffic from SE !

There is really no secret, just what I wrote above !

iatbm, Aug 7, 2007 IP
    nervo likes this.
  5. KingNomar

KingNomar Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    yup, than place ads in your content and voila! you are making money!

KingNomar, Aug 7, 2007 IP
  6. Hear My Name

Hear My Name Guest

Best Answers:
    Good traffic is makting the money ;) I can send you millions of visitors, without earning much. So search for related traffic on your topic.

Hear My Name, Aug 7, 2007 IP
  7. stubsy

stubsy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    All the big sites make their money from ads not leads

You need to get search traffic build links, sort out some targeted keywords and optimise your pages. Also do some stumble exchanges - not particularly good traffic but it gets your site seen some might return:)

I have been trying to make money online for about 6 months and have just started to find some success you can read what I've found on my site theres a bit there about on the second page seo aswell Money online

stubsy, Aug 7, 2007 IP
  8. whizzkid-000

whizzkid-000 Peon

Best Answers:
    So what you are saying is that people will not pay for 'untargeted traffic'?
    I think that is ridiculous if true...i mean if they have barely no visitors and can pay and get atleast 100+ a day then surely it is worth it? Atleast their site is getting visits and is more known than it once was. I would almost guarentee that at quite of the 'untargeted' traffic will go back to the site as they will have found it by accident and now find it interesting. Also there is a chance that if they do like it they will tell others and will start virally...

whizzkid-000, Aug 7, 2007 IP
  9. stubsy

stubsy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    People pay for untargeted traffic but they pay much more for targeted.

stubsy, Aug 7, 2007 IP
  10. Dlee

Dlee Peon

Best Answers:
    Good traffic = targeted

Dlee, Aug 7, 2007 IP
  11. Unkn0wnPlayer

Unkn0wnPlayer Active Member

Best Answers:
    Correction: Targeted traffic = Money

Unkn0wnPlayer, Aug 7, 2007 IP
  12. B-Scott

B-Scott Active Member

Best Answers:
    Target Your traffic. Quality Targeted traffic leads to conversions. Quantity untargeted traffic leads to losing a lot of money.

Submit your site to directories and search engines

Signature in Forums

Classified advertising

B-Scott, Aug 7, 2007 IP
  13. john269

john269 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    lol.

I don't know why you mention that you have heard it. Everybody should know that you need traffic to make money. It's just like any offline business. How can you make sales from a shop if you don't have any customers. It's impossible.

Anyway there is many good and free ways to get traffic, but unfortunately it takes time to get it and a lot of work which is the only downside of getting free traffic.

Try article marketing, social bookmarking, etc.

john269, Aug 7, 2007 IP
  14. zinruss

zinruss Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The web has become so large that unless you spend thousands bucks on advertising. If people can't find you, they can't order anything from you.

Since I started studying the changes in my online traffic, the effects on adding content to your website and the change in search engine rankings, I've learned the importance of writing what you know and sharing it with others on the Internet.

Posting an articles online builds the needed momentum of website traffic in the form of increased popularity and other sites linking to your site. As you begin to submit more articles to more directories, your list of places for submitting articles will keep expanding. Most directories usually will let you include a resource box with your name and your website link with your article. Your website address will be found every time someone reads your article, creating more one way links to your site. Remember, the more articles you consistently write and distribute, the more you will become known as an expert for your business. The more you provide informative articles, your business will be given extra credibility which will help you to compete against your competition. Increasing the level of awareness and popularity builds credibility. Increased credibility may lead to requests to write other articles and improved sales of your product or service.

Please make sure that each article is written to inform and appeal to the reader, so that they are getting useful information from you. Good luck

zinruss, Aug 7, 2007 IP
  15. isolvum

isolvum Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Article marketing is and will always be one of the most effective ways to develop traffic over the long haul. Consistently write and submit articles to a handful of the more well known article directories and you will see your traffic grow. As was noted above, there is no big secret or trick. The net revolves on content and links. The two cornerstones of article marketing.

isolvum, Aug 7, 2007 IP
  16. BrianJump

BrianJump Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes targeted RELEVANT traffic = $$$..although I have read posts about people who have had xxx,xxx of traffic per MONTH and didnt break $1000....so traffic in and of itself doesnt guarantee cashola

BrianJump, Aug 7, 2007 IP
  17. BrianJump

BrianJump Active Member

Best Answers:
    :confused:
    Article marketing is overrated IMHO.

Write content on and for your site, and trusted sites within your niche/subject. There are ALOT of reasons article sites will do you NO good..and offer a great way for people to find and steal your content..

What is key is unique, powerful CONTENT (information)...focus on producing THAT, and forget about placing on a non related site...

BrianJump, Aug 7, 2007 IP
  18. rahul9021

rahul9021 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello, PM Send me

rahul9021, Aug 12, 2007 IP
  19. rahul9021

rahul9021 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello,

I am intrested in your job, PM send me fast with job file.

rahul9021, Aug 12, 2007 IP
  20. BrianJump

BrianJump Active Member

Best Answers:
    But traffic is IMHO about 99% of the battle..you can almost trip into virtually any thread on dp and learn about how to convert visitors into $$$...but try and learn how to drive traffic...the secrets are not so obvious..proof is in the responses in this thread alone..virtually no one has touched on solid traffic building techniques that are explosive and current trend. If everyone just wrote content or did sig links for hours on end, they would starve. There is more to it than that folks...:rolleyes:

BrianJump, Aug 12, 2007 IP