1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

IF you buy a link, or run a Pay only directory..Uh Oh!

Discussion in 'Directories' started by LinkGuru, Aug 2, 2007.

1. malcolm1

malcolm1 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Hello...

You dont have an argument do you... :rolleyes:

You come here to join the other trolls and rant is all i see
    as once again you offer No PROOF of Anything and you are
    trying to misconstrue matts blog about "paid links" after i
    put in front off your face to read...:(

I really thought that you of all others would have atleast
    some proof to offer but instead its all Assumptions

Assumptions are like Arseholes... everybodys got one :eek:

laterz
    malcolm

malcolm1, Aug 5, 2007 IP
  2. Freewebspace

Freewebspace Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I bet that paid links can't be targetted by Google even though if they have some good brains in anti-spam department!

I can give you some good examples for you!

Freewebspace, Aug 5, 2007 IP
  3. minstrel

minstrel Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Google has already acknowledged that they do not yet detect ALL paid links. Did you not read those Cutts posts? Why do you think they insituted the reporting service? Do you not think your competitors will use that service?

minstrel, Aug 5, 2007 IP
    popotalk likes this.
  4. popotalk

popotalk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Technically they almost do. At Google Virginia there are employees who's job is to look at the crap at this forum. Registered even as valid members here. :eek:
    Oh yes and I even done that myself and reported with evidence. :)

popotalk, Aug 5, 2007 IP
  5. Freewebspace

Best Answers:
    Yes off Course,but I think Google does n't have enough man power to review those kind of things.

I also used report paid links to send some spam to Google via that!
    it is simply foolish to have that kind of a tool to report paid links!

Edit: I just reported two paid links

website selling link:www.google.com
    website buying links:www.google.com
    additional details:asdasdasd.....(like this

The first two details they do n't even care to put a good script to see whether both sites are same! that is they are not very serious about it.

There are over 10-30 million sites in the web ,how can they can detect paid link for every site,It is foolish act by Google and if they are going to rely upon these reports their quality and relevancy of search results is going to hit by these.

In my view ,it is simply a gimmick by Google to force webmasters to stop buying links.

6. popotalk

popotalk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Dude see my post above you ? Dont be too smart to challenge the guys. The guys are frequenters at Wall Street and listed at as the top 100 companies in the US. Paying $15 an hour to 10 employees looking at crap postings like yours would not even hurt.

popotalk, Aug 5, 2007 IP
  7. jg123

jg123 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    popotalk, they can't even stop MFA sites, nuff said.

jg123, Aug 5, 2007 IP
  8. popotalk

popotalk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Hahaha your always the smartest one Jay. Do they rank ? Do you accept their sites in your directory ? I bet if they pay you TOP dollar you would add them right ? Most websites are shying away from them or maybe I'm wrong ? :rolleyes:

Give me your paypal now and for just the kick of it I will find an MFA site and pay you for a sitewide to include an MFA in your directory. :)

popotalk, Aug 5, 2007 IP
  9. Freewebspace

Best Answers:

that means try submitting a MFA site

to this directory www.innermobiles.com (PR2 site) and then see! how it answers you!

My postings are not crap as their statements!(Google-Matt Cutts)

Their algorithm(PR) is itself a crap one as it simply depends upon PR links and not on the quality of the links and the visitors who may visit the site.

10. popotalk

popotalk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Your the master of yourself and whatever you chose its up to you. :)

And is that your directory ? Inner Mobiles Spam Free General Web Directory ?

popotalk, Aug 5, 2007 IP
  11. aditya_sfs

aditya_sfs Peon

Best Answers:
    Buying links for your site = advertising your site

A site is a kind of business so "Buying links" is "Advertising your business"

And if you say "Dont buy links" means you say "Dont advertise your business"

How can a business sustain without advertising ? Nonsense

aditya_sfs, Aug 5, 2007 IP
  12. Freewebspace

Best Answers:

Yes it's mine!

I would review links one by one once in two weeks etc.,

I wish to automate it but I can't find a way out to prevent non-english sites!

13. popotalk

popotalk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Dude I suggest for friendship sake do a re-review of your site very well especially in the Health Section. The Title and Site Description of your directory does not match the listings. You know well that I used to be a HARD-HEADED DMOZ EDITOR JERK before. And that category is full of SPAM MEAT. I haven't seen the other categories but usually as an EX EDITOR I know where to go. ;)

popotalk, Aug 5, 2007 IP
  14. Freewebspace

Best Answers:
    but I do n't have enough time! Yes I should see it now!

The bot accepts sites based on certain things, I am planning to add more teeth to it, so it accepts only quality sites!

I generally review it once in 20 days as the bot filters out lot of listings before accepting them into the directory!

But it would make the review work only easier!

15. compostannie

compostannie Peon

Best Answers:
    YIKES!!! If you have a bot accepting sites on your directory that can't be good. :eek:

Maybe you should get rid of that directory if you don't have time to do it right. :confused:

compostannie, Aug 5, 2007 IP
  16. jg123

jg123 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    When I say 'they' I meant 'gooogle' can't even stop MFA sites so how are they gonna be able to do the job of stopping paid links? IMO it is much easier to find a MFA site then to find a site that is selling paid links. I bet they could use a simple automated program that would compare the amount of content compared to the number of ads and that would catch half the MFA sites out there. MFA sites basically rip off adsense which in turn rips off adwords advertisers, so I would think that is a much bigger problem for gooogle than some people buying links (especially since the burden of proof is so much harder).

I think they instituted the 'report paid links' option for two major reasons.

1. To test out some new algorithms because they are always looking for better ways to rank sites.

2. To help quiet down some very vocal webmasters that have been complaining for months about people buying page rank and SERP's without doing 'real' SEO work.

Like many folks have said before you can buy the number one search result for $$, so that can't really be why gooogle has a problem with paid links. It would only be because that $$ is not going to them.

jg123, Aug 5, 2007 IP
  17. LinkGuru

LinkGuru Banned

Best Answers:
    You forgot something..should read Buying links for your site = advancing your site's SEO position, not really advertising...they are of course related.

You are extremely wise to buy these paid links cause you want to succeed, like we all do. However, paid links bring little to no traffic directly and are are merely a tool to advance SEO. You might be able to convince people otherwise but may I suggest a different forum, maybe dumbhicks.com. Paid links make it easier and faster to rank well with Google; now it sounds good for you as an individual but you have to ask yourself... If I ran google would I want someone to beat the system by paying for links, whose sole purpose is beating me?...and how much traffic are you getting from these directories (directly)...you aren't buying these links for direct advertising...don't fool yourself, cause you aren't fooling anyone who knows the basics of SEO.

LinkGuru, Aug 5, 2007 IP
  18. popotalk

popotalk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Annnnniiiieeeeee. !!!

I'm here explaining what we used to do. :D

@jg123
    Generally and technically the punishment is already implied. Few and even on NORMAL website MFA's are being sidelined. As I have told you Do you accept them for TOP DOLLAR and would you be willing ?

The web is growing in a fast paced and Google is not a fool just to read a report with evidence.

I dont really give a rats behind about SEO Gurus even when I was in DMOZ. So it is then and until now.

popotalk, Aug 5, 2007 IP
  19. compostannie

compostannie Peon

Best Answers:
    I can understand, kinda, if you're just filtering out spam. BUT, if you have a bot approving and listing sites where's the quality control?

It's that human touch that makes a directory worthwhile.

compostannie, Aug 5, 2007 IP
  20. popotalk

popotalk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Exactly.
    Humans Do it Better ! :)

popotalk, Aug 5, 2007 IP