1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

PR is not really important, seo is useless

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by razaese, Aug 3, 2007.

I think from my experience, that seo and page rank is not important, i had a website which i spent a big amount of time making seo friendly i was even able to put it 1st page 1st link on google search for some terms and it drove little traffic. There are better methods to drive traffic, am sure i have proofs. I even bought a 300$ software with videos tutorials that explained how to seo your site, i can tell you that i read and view all the videos and content , nothing works, i also bought seo ebooks and read free infos etc , i even bought a software that post to groups like 100 000 post per day, but the only thing it did was "took my site down " . So for me Seo and pr is really useless there are better ways to drive real traffic safe and big. If you have a success story with pr and seo i would like to hear it.

razaese, Aug 3, 2007 IP
  2. oseymour

oseymour Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you are number 1 on the 1st page and you didn't get any traffic that means you were targeting the wrong terms.

So i guess with all your video tutorials and "spam group posting software"...you didn't follow the 1st and most important rule.....research and target the proper keywords..

well at least you learned that PR is almost useless

oseymour, Aug 3, 2007 IP
  3. SEMSpot

SEMSpot Peon

Best Answers:
    Programs will not make you have a successful SEO campaign, they can make it a little easier for you when tracking keywords, positioning, links, competition. They will not make you rank on the first page. IBP had a newsletter that said get you #1 on google, so after you flush that bull**** down the toilet and come back to reality you will see that when you rank #1 for a keyword that has very little search volume you will not get much traffic. Research your keywords first, show us the site you were running your SEO campaign with then come back and try and tell us it doesn't work. It does work if done properly. Let us know so we can help you understand how this works in the real world. The videos, books, etc. can talk about techniques that are either out dated or now not as rellevant as they were in the past.

SEMSpot, Aug 3, 2007 IP
  4. WPOSolutions

WPOSolutions Active Member

Best Answers:
    Achieving Good PR and having a well optimized site should have a been a good return on investment, both in time or money. Keyword positioning on Google will only be effective if you've chosen the correct keywords to optimize. The wrong keywords will yield very little traffic which in turn will result in very low revenue.

Before you right off what you've learnt so far, invest some time in keyword research, then have another go.

Good Luck

WPOSolutions, Aug 3, 2007 IP
  5. razaese

razaese Peon

Best Answers:
    trust me i chose the right keywords, for what i was offering at the time some gambling terms, for example poker "something" or " something poker" etc etc, because man, be serious can you really compete for the keywords that have like 240 000 000 links ? those terms are unreachable at least on my opinion or may be they are reachable for someone that can spend 18 hours a day on the basement of his house and give up wife, kids, party, fun, weekends or even life !

razaese, Aug 3, 2007 IP
  6. trichnosis

trichnosis Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    pr is only a result of backlinks. having backlinks will help you to get better serp results . having backlinks will help you to more traffic. not page rank but when you have backlinks, you will get pr as a result of it

trichnosis, Aug 3, 2007 IP
  7. sweetfunny

sweetfunny Banned

Best Answers:
    I rank for a stack of 240 Million plus result terms, and let me tell you alot of the long tail 10 Million terms bring better traffic.

You just have to rank for the correct terms and you WILL get alot of traffic.

sweetfunny, Aug 4, 2007 IP
  8. Doug the Great

Doug the Great Peon

Best Answers:
    Doug the Great, Aug 4, 2007 IP
  9. sadhivm

sadhivm Guest

Best Answers:
    what terms did you get on the first page of google?

i have some terms on the first page of google. they are # 1 on page 1. and they get no traffic. WHY??? because no one is searching for these terms....well maybe 1 in every 1,000 maybe

sadhivm, Aug 4, 2007 IP
  10. stankoff

stankoff Peon

Best Answers:
    ROFL. SEO is definitely useful! Not doing it right is useless! The guys before me said the rest.

stankoff, Aug 4, 2007 IP
  11. priyakochin

priyakochin Banned

Best Answers:
    Hey its not matter how much u spend on SEO.Its not bothered which is ur position at google.

The main thing is that which is ur Keyword.How much search it is getting ;

I ur keyword is having very good search then u will definetly get good traffic from SE.

priyakochin, Aug 4, 2007 IP
  12. Doug the Great

Doug the Great Peon

Best Answers:
    SEO is stupid, I spent $1000 of dollars getting #1 for Amazingly Awesome Free Games and only 1 visitor a month!

/SARCASM
    :D

13. Doug the Great

Doug the Great Peon

Best Answers:
    "Sarcasm - A verbal tone in which it is obvious from context that the speaker means the opposite of what he or she says. “Mom, I’d love to see Howard the Duck with you” is probably a phrase you would say sarcastically."

14. kittyluver

kittyluver Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The keyword you optimized fetch zero results from "wordtracker" and "overture", then how can u expect a good traffic for your website.

The result for the term "and" in google is "4,540,000,000". If you optimized your site for this term you will get Zero traffic. (Got it?):)

kittyluver, Aug 4, 2007 IP
  15. mamina

mamina Active Member

Best Answers:
    I am #1 in Nursery Rhymes (for nursery rhymes site)
    I am #2 in First Names (for first names site)
    I am #2 in Birthday Facts (for a birthday facts web site [how many of you have that database?])
    I am #3 in Blonde Jokes (for blonde jokes site)
    it goes on... I've made my point

All the sites look like CRAP and I make a very nice living off what I have. Don't try to feed me that SEO is useless. Every day for 11 years I have been refining exactly what is said and how. I worry more about my page then my backlinks. Maybe that will hurt me one day but for right now I'm doing just fine.

mamina, Aug 4, 2007 IP
  16. sundaybrew

sundaybrew Numerati

Best Answers:
    sundaybrew, Aug 4, 2007 IP
  17. Jim4767

Jim4767 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Of course SEO is useful. When I began to apply on-page and off-page SEO, my page views leaped from hundreds per day to several thousand per day.

Is PR useful? Well, you can start great debates here on DP with that statement. Let's go rather to what Google says about link-building and its effect on rankings — "Sites' positions in our search results are determined based on a number of factors designed to provide end-users with helpful, accurate search results.... In general, webmasters can improve the rank of their sites by increasing the number of high-quality sites that link to their pages" (http://www.google.com/support/webmasters/bin/answer.py?answer=34432&hl=en).

So securing high-quality links to your site will improve your position in the search results, says Google. The result of those links is PageRank (PR).

Jim4767, Aug 4, 2007 IP
  18. Providence

Providence Peon

Best Answers:
    PR, backlinks are of course very useful

Providence, Aug 4, 2007 IP
  19. mamina

mamina Active Member

Best Answers:
    Remember PR is an end to a means (sales/traffic/etc...) not the other way around.

If you have a PR6 site and no results what is the point. I have thousands of people who have my site bookmarked... maybe a newsletter... etc... fresh content to bring them back... they are coming DIRECTLY to my site. If you want to build a good PR then yeah backlinks are very important... when you have an established site not so much... you want to maintain who you have coming and grow who you have by the backlinks you have.

In that scenario there is more focus on maintaining than building.

mamina, Aug 4, 2007 IP
  20. razaese

razaese Peon

Best Answers:
    well that is my point ! if you pick a good traffic keyword , dont you think millions before you had that idea ? So try to compete with guys or companies that are doing SEO for xx years , example try to rang on the first page for the keyword : poker !
    It will take you forever !

razaese, Aug 4, 2007 IP