1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Yahoo! is the best search engine

Discussion in 'Yahoo' started by jquindlen, Jul 12, 2007.

1. Adulu

Adulu Peon

Best Answers:
    I noticed this thread constantly wake up by someone else.
    for my experienced, i got couple of hundreds traffic from Yahoo search engine ago.
    My earning one hundred dollars in one month by mini site and in the same time that i agree yahoo is the best

Are you similar to me?:D

Adulu, Jul 30, 2007 IP
  2. logylaps

logylaps Active Member

Best Answers:
    Seriously, Yahoo can be very random. Search for "webmaster forum" and try to find digitalpoint on there :p

logylaps, Jul 30, 2007 IP
  3. ArcticPro

ArcticPro Banned

Best Answers:
    Google always helps me find what I am looking for. I've tried Yahoo and Live, they just don't cut it.

ArcticPro, Jul 30, 2007 IP
  4. vicdigi

vicdigi Banned

Best Answers:
    Yahoo is quality especially when you get traffic to your site from them.

vicdigi, Jul 30, 2007 IP
  5. whoamifooling

whoamifooling Peon

Best Answers:
    I <3 Yahoo!

whoamifooling, Jul 31, 2007 IP
  6. SeoVeteran33

SeoVeteran33 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    try searching for "best search engine" on google

now do the same search for yahoo!

SeoVeteran33, Aug 2, 2007 IP
  7. Napoleon

Napoleon Peon

Best Answers:
    When should you hate Google?
    1. You're banned from adsense(and don't want to confess that you clicked on your ad or used cheap tactics)
    2. You want to sell your high PR links.
    3. Your site doesn't rank hign in google.
    4. Your pagerank wont get updated(increased) after every PR update.
    5. Don't like google's new paid links policy because you want to get into the top 10 of serps by buying hign PR links.

Napoleon, Aug 2, 2007 IP
  8. jquindlen

jquindlen Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Or how about when none of those apply to you and you're angry that Google has an effective monopoly and has been engaging in acts that violate anti-trust laws. There are many legitimate reasons to view Google with disdain, and I for one have boycotted Google, not the other way around. I pulled AdSense off my sites, and I canceled my account. I installed adblocker so I don't even give Google a single ad impression. I also block analytics, DoubleClick cookies, and refuse to use site's such as YouTube and Blogger on principle. Oh, and boycott Google.

jquindlen, Aug 2, 2007 IP
  9. wxyz

wxyz Guest

Best Answers:
    I do not think that yahoo is the best search engine compare to google becoz google provides better result than yahoo.

wxyz, Aug 3, 2007 IP
  10. neelesh

neelesh Peon

Best Answers:
    It is better to compare relevance of search results. This can be achieved by using a keyword that really suxs. It would show what is the best one.

neelesh, Aug 3, 2007 IP
  11. Napoleon

Napoleon Peon

Best Answers:
    Oh, and did you remove your site from google index and block any visitors from google? There is a tool in google webmasters that lets you remove your index and you can block your google visitors by checking the referrers of your visitors.

Regards.

Napoleon, Aug 3, 2007 IP
  12. jquindlen

jquindlen Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Ha ha. Yeah, I'm all over that. Like I am going to punish my potential visitors by keeping them away from my quality sites. The reality of the matter is that I was making quite a bit from AdSense when I decided to take the high road and stop supporting a spyware/adware company like Google. If Google wants to send traffic my way, more power to them. I'm just not going to use their services, give them a single ad impression or click, or contribute to their search engine monopoly.

But hey, if you like using a company that collects more personal information than any other company, while simultaneously having the worst privacy rating possible, then feel free. It's your privacy you're selling, and if you don't value it, then neither will they. Oh, and just to help out the SERPs on this thread, boycott Google.

jquindlen, Aug 3, 2007 IP
  13. bestoptimized

bestoptimized Peon

Best Answers:
    You are crazy. They only have the monopoly because Yahoo is garbage, MSN is slightly better than Yahoo but not by much, Ask doesn't have very many pages indexed. There is no search with more relevant results as Google.

bestoptimized, Aug 3, 2007 IP
  14. jquindlen

jquindlen Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    See, that's where I disagree. Yahoo! results were garbage a few years back, and after I only used Google exclusively to search from about 2004 to early this year, I was under the impression that Yahoo! search results were probably about as crappy now as they were last time I used them regularly.

However, when I actually made a conscious and deliberate decision to only use Yahoo! exclusively for a week to conduct my searches, I was shocked to find that their search results have improved dramatically. And in fact, I felt the results were more relevant and contained less spam sites than Google currently does.

Sure, Google had the best search engine circa 2003-2006, but their algorithm improvements suck, and the results seem to have gotten worse the last several years. Granted, spammers/black hat webmasters are the ones ruining it, but from my experience Yahoo! has done a better job recently with their algorithms improvements, while Google's results have stayed stagnant at best.

Oh, and Live.com's image search is a million times better than both Yahoo and Google's image search. It's the one thing they did extremely good on, and I am throughly impressed with it.

Anyway, just because a product was innovative and ahead of the competition for a few years, doesn't mean they're magically infallible and will always be that way. The one thing Google has going for it is it's image. Google has degraded to the point where they can serve you spyware ads based on your web surfing habits and people call it a feature. Google is falling into the style over substance category (like Apple and the cheaply made, yet expensive iPhone that has half the features that my T-Mobile MDA phone had in 2005) and bringing it's legion of fanbois with them. Google can do no wrong, afterall, they did make that PR move to say they'll do no evil. :D

jquindlen, Aug 3, 2007 IP
  15. ravish_83

ravish_83 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yahoo sucks for sure Google Rocks.
    Yahoo even don't know how to crawl big sites. Slowest crawlers i bet there cache is 25% less then google and 20% then Live

Look http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&rlz=1B3GGGL_en__214__214&q=site:www.zillr.com&btnG=Search
    24000 Crawled pages

http://siteexplorer.search.yahoo.co...r.com&bwm=p&bwms=p&fr=yfp-t-501&fr2=seo-rd-se
    162 crawled pages

It's the case with every big and small site you try your self

how the hell they can list you the results when they don't know the web :(

ravish_83, Aug 3, 2007 IP
  16. davewashere

davewashere Active Member

Best Answers:
    I also prefer Google, but I can see how Yahoo would be gaining ground on it. Google has been dominating the search market in recent years. Logic tells us that people with less-than-quality websites that lack content but are filled with lucrative ads are going to be targeting Google's algorithm and possibly ignoring Yahoo's. No matter how good Google is, their results are still littered with spam. If those spam sites make little effort to get in Yahoo's results, then Yahoo's results should become more relevant compared to Google's over time.

davewashere, Aug 3, 2007 IP
  17. Ljiljan

Ljiljan Peon

Best Answers:
    I prefer Google... they have most advanced and accurate results and i can find requested informations really fast! I can see little improvements in Yahoo services, but not close enough to mighty Google :p

Ljiljan, Aug 3, 2007 IP
  18. Divisive Cottonwood

Divisive Cottonwood Peon

Best Answers:
    I think Yahoo is beginning to get the edge on Google.

For starters, there's just less commercial spam in the search, and it does seem to be indexing sites quicker than Google these days.

Not sure what that hell is going to happen to Ask. Over here in the UK they are having a big advertising push and calling it 'The Other Search Engine". I think the idea is to shame you into letting Google have the lions share of the market. But it really is pants as a search engine. It is sooooo slow at indexing websites.

Divisive Cottonwood, Aug 3, 2007 IP
  19. Smile008

Smile008 Peon

Best Answers:
    I would rather go with google :)

Smile008, Aug 4, 2007 IP
  20. GhostFreak

GhostFreak Member

Best Answers:
    Google's better. Yahoo's n00b.

Although Yahoo does send more spiders to my site www.rpgnsider.com than Google does.

GhostFreak, Aug 4, 2007 IP