1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why Do You Believe in Your God?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by PalSys, Jul 27, 2007.

1. DevilHellz

DevilHellz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The Judgment day according to the Boobiests.
    [​IMG]

DevilHellz, Jul 27, 2007 IP
  2. aletheides

aletheides Banned

Best Answers:
    I cant say for sure, but unfortantely we all have to accept the bad with the good. The ying and the yang, thats kind of how things work. If things didnt work this way life would be controlled, predictable, and boring.

Whatever you would like to refer to it as, nature, God... It only shows that life couldnt be an accident.

True, if anything I would consider myself a Catholic, but Im not too traditional.... I usually dont like to listen to what the pastor says (lol) and I am not too sure if I believe in Jesus... because like you said its important to not let your mind stop thinking for itself. The one thing I am certain about is that God exists and exists in every one of us... Also remember that the bible is the work of people nonetheless.

aletheides, Jul 27, 2007 IP
  3. aletheides

aletheides Banned

Best Answers:
    LOL!!!..... http://ratemyboobs.org/

"Those titties get four thumbs down!"

[​IMG]

4. PalSys

PalSys palsys.io

Best Answers:
    If every Christian were as open as you are to other lines of thought and reasoning, this world would be an infinitely better place for all of us! I appreciate your honesty :)

PalSys, Jul 27, 2007 IP
  5. agoldman

agoldman Peon

Best Answers:
    I feel very Sorry for Palsy, with an ego like that, friends must be far between

agoldman, Jul 27, 2007 IP
  6. agoldman

agoldman Peon

Best Answers:
    Inspired People, come on, with the statements you made, you must be deeper than that

agoldman, Jul 27, 2007 IP
  7. aletheides

aletheides Banned

Best Answers:
    No probs!!

8. PalSys

PalSys palsys.io

Best Answers:
    My nickname is PalSys, but you can call me Chris if you like :) And I'd like to think that it's my lack of ego that makes me aware and open to this type of discussion. I'm married with two kids and another one the way, and I work 12-16 hours a day, so my number of friends is definitely lacking. I like to think it's due to my busy schedule and not my ego though :D

PalSys, Jul 27, 2007 IP
    aletheides likes this.
  9. atari

atari Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As complicated as the human body and mind are there had to be an intelligent design behind it without a doubt. We did not arrive here by mere chance.

atari, Jul 28, 2007 IP
  10. PalSys

PalSys palsys.io

Best Answers:
    Of course it's not chance; it's evolution and the wonder of science. It is those wonders that Christians are simply too self-important to admit they know nothing about, just like the rest of us.

PalSys, Jul 28, 2007 IP
  11. atari

atari Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    evolution = chance

atari, Jul 28, 2007 IP
  12. PalSys

PalSys palsys.io

Best Answers:
    Evolution allows chance to have a place in nature's development, but nature still and always decides.

PalSys, Jul 28, 2007 IP
  13. atari

atari Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    So this nature you speak of has intelligence then?

atari, Jul 28, 2007 IP
  14. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You obviously don't have the slightest idea about how evolution works.

stOx, Jul 28, 2007 IP
  15. PalSys

PalSys palsys.io

Best Answers:
    Of course not! Nature has intuition; natural selection is the most ingenious process ever devised. The fact that intelligence has nothing to do with the composition of the world and universe is what's so compelling.

PalSys, Jul 28, 2007 IP
  16. Idiot Inside

Idiot Inside Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Oh my.

I'm loving it.

Idiot Inside, Jul 28, 2007 IP
  17. komirad

komirad Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showpost.php?p=3874909&postcount=18
    Here is my explaination of evolution

Read about it :)
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evolution

The existence of evolutionary processes and the current theory explaining them have been uncontroversial among biologists for nearly a century.

Since then, nearly all criticisms of evolution have come from religious, rather than scientific, sources. Most Abrahamic religions accept evolution in some form, although a number of fundamentalist religions reject it in favor of Creationism. The resultant creation-evolution controversy has been a focal point of recent conflict between religion and science.

In contrast to earlier objections to evolution that were either strictly scientific or explicitly religious, recent objections to evolution have frequently blurred the distinction. Movements such as Creation Science and Intelligent Design attack the scientific basis of evolution and argue that there is greater scientific evidence for the design of life by God or an intelligent being. Many of the arguments against evolution have become widespread, including objections to evolution's evidence, methodology, plausibility, morality, and scientific acceptance. However, these arguments have been rejected by biologists and are not accepted by the scientific community.

----------------

scientists agree that falsifiability is an important aspect of the scientific method, and the legal profession has used falsifiability to decide what is science and what is not.

Evolution is considered falsifiable because it makes many predictions which, if they were contradicted by the evidence, would falsify evolution. In contrast, many religious beliefs are not falsifiable, because no testable prediction has been made about the supernatural.

-------------------

Abiogenesis - the formation of life from non-living matter

komirad, Jul 28, 2007 IP
  18. PalSys

PalSys palsys.io

Best Answers:

A creationist? I didn't think you guys even existed anymore :eek:

I personally don't think creationism is worth debating. Obviously there are holes in the theories surrounding evolution - this is because there is still so much that we don't know. You can be humble and accept that fact or you can attribute the creation of the universe (and potential multiverse) to "god". You can continue learning, or you can end things with your "god". It seems a little crazy to me that you'd make a conscious decision to forgo further scientific research and instead throw your lot in with god, Jesus, Santa, Peter Pan and the rest of them.

Just out of curiosity, where are you located? I've never personally had contact with a creationist outside of the States, that why I ask.

PalSys, Jul 28, 2007 IP
  19. komirad

komirad Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Actually I don't believe in God, so I can't be a creationist, I was just quoting :)

I have a lecturer who says the Earth is 5000 years old or so...hahaha

komirad, Jul 29, 2007 IP
  20. PalSys

PalSys palsys.io

Best Answers:
    Well, that makes more sense :D If you have a lecturer who told you that the world is 5000 years old, you should report him. That's a foolish claim that is obviously very false. People like that have no place speaking to our students.

PalSys, Jul 29, 2007 IP