1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I got this email from CJ, what does this mean?

Discussion in 'Commission Junction' started by cherry_yuya, Jul 19, 2007.

I have this confusing email from CJ which I can't seem to understand. Please advise:

As far as I understand, my site does not involve any special incentives program such as (Paid to surf etc) so why CJ wants me to say that I use special incentives. Please advise on what this means and how to respond.

I don't use any dodgy traffic methods, although I never use the 1x1 image included in the "GetLink" so obviously my impressions are zero.

Thanks

cherry_yuya, Jul 19, 2007 IP
  2. caroline

caroline Peon

Best Answers:
    I would reply to them asking for a clarification. :)

caroline, Jul 19, 2007 IP
  3. cherry_yuya

cherry_yuya Active Member

Best Answers:
    Does this mean I have to report with them if I put my links on my sites which are not listed on my CJ account?

4. Johu

Johu Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, call CJ and have them clarify... Do you send traffic to your site from any banner or other ads, or cloak your referrers? CJ has been on a tirade making legitimate publishers (mainly coupon sites it seems) flag their account as "special/incentive" (which puts you back into pending with all advertisers) for sending traffic to their coupon sites from third party networks. That's actually bullshit, as the way you get traffic to your own site (not to advertisers') does not matter with the CJ terms.

Johu, Jul 19, 2007 IP
  5. cherry_yuya

Best Answers:
    Shucks, I live outside US and I prefer not to spend a lot on International Phone Call. I have responded to their email by stating all the third party sites where I put my CJ links (banner, my Squidoo etc).

They have given me a 5 day deadline to respond to the email, I have responded and I hope they also respond back. I have heard of CJ tales that the support don't take heed of your reply email :(.

EDIT: Here's their respond

This is weird since I never use use DonkeyMails.com at all. Never even heard of it. I never hire anybody to mass email either.

6. Valley

Valley Peon

Best Answers:
    You have been caught!
    What were you doing? They run scripts to check for simlar IP's; time of sale etc. It is an autowarning so even if it is wrong nothing will happen for awhile.

Valley, Jul 19, 2007 IP
  7. tvmatt

tvmatt Peon

Best Answers:
    Wrong. See the post above yours, CJ is making him flag his account as Special for using this DonkeyMails.com service (which he claims not to be using, anyway). Also, CJ does not sent autowarnings - Network Quality staff are involved in each decision before sending out a notice, and monitor issues after emails have been sent. Don't ignore NQ emails unless you want to lose a bit of money.

I can confirm what Johu mentioned - I have seen many affiliates recently get their accounts flagged for reasons that advertisers couldn't care less about. It's probably CJ trying to show that they're watching out for advertisers & whatnot, but it's completely misguided & unnecessary (from what I've seen, at least).

tvmatt, Jul 19, 2007 IP
  8. cherry_yuya

Best Answers:
    Okay I finally understand what they are trying to say.

They are listing my traffic sources that they deem as shady. That includes my signature in another forum, my banner in another forum and Stumbleupon advertising. I have replied the details in email. Surely they can't expect me to update my website information when I try a form of advertising. I told them also that I have no idea what the heck DonkeyMails.com is.

I am waiting for their reply. I hope to get this issue resolved before weekend.

cherry_yuya, Jul 20, 2007 IP
  9. tradeepak

tradeepak Banned

Best Answers:
    There is a toll free number for CJ. If you have yahoo voice.. you can dial that number and talk for free.

tradeepak, Jul 21, 2007 IP
  10. tvmatt

tvmatt Peon

Best Answers:
    Network Quality will not speak to you by phone, normally. I have only managed to speak with NQ twice (tracking down fraud/odd issues when working with advertiser account), but never as a publisher.

tvmatt, Jul 21, 2007 IP
  11. cherry_yuya

Best Answers:
    They have asked me to explain some traffic referrer, I have explained following their request but they are not writing back. Let's see whether I will be banned for doing no wrong or not. Heck, Google is much nicer than CJ.

cherry_yuya, Jul 23, 2007 IP
  12. jonixkonios

jonixkonios Peon

Best Answers:
    Did they answer you back on this one?

jonixkonios, Aug 7, 2007 IP
  13. grandaddy

grandaddy Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm interested in hearing the conclusion to this matter also.

grandaddy, Aug 7, 2007 IP
  14. cherry_yuya

Best Answers:
    Sorry for the lack of update. They have written to me a week ago saying that they will monitor my traffic for the coming weeks closely to ensure that I have removed my links from dodgy sites. As I have no control with the DonkeyMails.com I just hope that it stops giving me traffic.

So far it's been 10 days and no further email came from CJ and my account is still there. I will email them in 2 - 3 weeks to ensure that everything is okay.

cherry_yuya, Aug 8, 2007 IP
  15. jonixkonios

jonixkonios Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the feedback cherry_yuya

jonixkonios, Aug 8, 2007 IP
  16. sfcom

sfcom Peon

Best Answers:
    Sounds like you managed to avoid a meltdown there. Congratulations.

-sfcom

sfcom, Aug 8, 2007 IP