1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I can't see my Google Toolbar - advice please

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by LilyUK, Jul 15, 2007.

I used to have google toolbar on my computer but had to uninstall it along with IE 7 (long story involving the worst customer service ever known in the history of internet support!)
    Anyway - I reinstalled my IE 7 and google toolbar but I can't for the life of me find the toolbar. It used to sit at the top of the page and I could see the pagerank (which is what I want it for). I've tried going to 'view' but nothing shows up. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the toolbar but still nothing. As I last resort I tried to download the toolbar again but google says I already have it installed - grrr.

Can anyone help?:confused:
    Thanks

LilyUK, Jul 15, 2007 IP
  2. sweetfunny

sweetfunny Banned

Best Answers:
    Right click a blank part of IE7s top menu bar, then the menu that pops up will have Google toolbar listed.. Just select it.

sweetfunny, Jul 15, 2007 IP
  3. LilyUK

LilyUK Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Sweetfunny,
    Thanks for replying - I tried that but it's greyed out. Any other ideas? It did say it was properly installed so I don't know why it's not showing up.

LilyUK, Jul 16, 2007 IP
  4. sweetfunny

sweetfunny Banned

Best Answers:
    If it's greyed out i'm not sure. Maybe your browser settings, or your systems Antivirus/Firewall is preventing 3rd party browser add-ons.

That's all i can suggest sorry, have a poke around in your security settings and see if there's a setting preventing 3rd party stuff.

Try Tools >> Manage Add Ons >> Enable or Disable Add Ons >> Then click the "Google" Add on and then Enable.

sweetfunny, Jul 16, 2007 IP
    LilyUK likes this.
  5. coeli

coeli Banned

Best Answers:
    Why don't you try changing your browser to Mozilla Firefox? It's more user-friendly and you can manipulate toolbars easily..

coeli, Jul 16, 2007 IP
  6. jumong79

jumong79 Banned

Best Answers:
    As Mozilla Firefox is Google owned so try to change your browser.. 'coz i think IE7 and the Google Toolbar is in conflict with each other that's why....:D. If you use the firefox you can use Googletoolbar with ease...

jumong79, Jul 16, 2007 IP
  7. LilyUK

LilyUK Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi
    Thanks all for your replies - sweetfunny gets the cherry on the cake for resolving the problem! Thankyou :)

LilyUK, Jul 16, 2007 IP
  8. sweetfunny

sweetfunny Banned

Best Answers:
    No probs ;)

sweetfunny, Jul 16, 2007 IP
  9. KnickersBoxersGlory

KnickersBoxersGlory Peon

Best Answers:
    Solved the problem for us. Thanks Sweetfunny

KnickersBoxersGlory, Nov 16, 2007 IP