1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Best brochure making software

Discussion in 'Photoshop' started by nuruddeen710, Jul 15, 2007.

Hello... i want to make a brochure for my company. I need a software that could do all the necessary stuff to make a great brochure. Are there any recommendation. Thanks.

nuruddeen710, Jul 15, 2007 IP
  2. 8everything

8everything Peon

Best Answers:
    I've designed brochures for a company before. The industry standard would be Photoshop. Don't forget to use the right DPI and bleeding area before starting ;)

8everything, Jul 15, 2007 IP
  3. ansi

ansi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    the industry standard would be indesign or quark express. photoshop should not be used for print work if possible. it can be done like you said but isn't recommended. use photoshop or illustrator to design the visual elements of the brocure and then use quark express or indesign to do the actual layour for print.

ansi, Jul 15, 2007 IP
  4. 8everything

8everything Peon

Best Answers:
    Ansi, right: I totally forgot about Quark Express :eek: (Photoshop is pretty poor for printing vectors ;))

8everything, Jul 15, 2007 IP
    ansi likes this.
  5. reezluv

reezluv Active Member

Best Answers:
    it can be done with Illustrator,Indesign and Quark...that's my suggestion for you:)

reezluv, Jul 15, 2007 IP
  6. Drudoran

Drudoran Peon

Best Answers:
    Quark has been the daddy for many many years but it's pretty expensive (or at least it used to be???) - If you like Adobe products, then go with Indesign - you can drop photoshop files into the layout so that if you need to make any tweaks to the graphics, you can just open the layered photoshop file up and save - Indesign is really easy to pick up as well.

Only use Illustrator for creating vector graphics or doing layouts that are just one page.

Don't create brochures entirely in photoshop - but use photoshop for all the bitmap graphic work definitely.

Drudoran, Jul 16, 2007 IP
  7. Kerosene

Kerosene Alpha & Omega™ Staff

Best Answers:
    InDesign is great. I tried Quark many years ago and it fried my brain. InDesign is a breeze if you've used Photoshop/Illustrator before.

Kerosene, Jul 16, 2007 IP
  8. nuruddeen710

nuruddeen710 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank for the reply i will definitely try the software.

nuruddeen710, Jul 17, 2007 IP
  9. RoyalServiceTeam

RoyalServiceTeam Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi you can may be try a free software to do this.I was also finding one for me.at last i found this freebrochuremaker.net.It has also some video tutorials about how to use.Hope it will work for you.

RoyalServiceTeam, Aug 17, 2011 IP
  10. Dimus

Dimus Peon

Best Answers:
    Also wanted to find fault with this. But the read your comment... Photoshop can be freely used for print work. If your brochure (or any format) consist mostly of pictures and doesn't have large bodies of small text - it's absolutely fine. Also, one page folds can be made in any vector software (illustrator, freehand, etc.) - not necessary indesign or quark.

Dimus, Aug 27, 2011 IP
  11. giotech

giotech Member

Best Answers:
    QuarkXpress and InDesign are always top choices. However, you can always just use PSHOP as well :)

giotech, Jan 15, 2012 IP
  12. indiadesign

indiadesign Member

Best Answers:
    Basically designing people using Some Adobe softwares ie Indesign, Illustrator and QuarkXpress

indiadesign, Jan 30, 2012 IP
  13. wilyjose

wilyjose Active Member

Best Answers:
    Microsoft Publisher is also a good option for designing brochures.

wilyjose, Jan 30, 2012 IP
  14. yuuhied0110

yuuhied0110 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,I have used Free 3DPageFlip PDF to Flash Converter to make a digital brochure. It is the best free program I have used before, it helps me convert pdf files to digital brochure with page flipping effect. Later I use 3D PageFlip Standard to create a more professional and vivid flipping book.

yuuhied0110, Jan 5, 2013 IP
  15. magpie0322

magpie0322 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi, I find the best brochure software is the CS range, ie use Indesign for the layout doc, text rule work and folios, then import both Photoshop for the Images and Illustrator for Logos etc,

magpie0322, Jan 6, 2013 IP