1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Anyone have ad serving issues today?

Discussion in 'Publisher Network' started by archard, Jul 14, 2007.

My ads have been so poorly served today, about half the time they don't show up at all and the other half only 1 or 2 ads will show up when normally 4 would.

I am wondering if this is just me or if anyone else is having this issue. Because I am also having some pretty bad server performance issues and I think they might be related.

archard, Jul 14, 2007 IP
  2. theduke56789

theduke56789 Peon

Best Answers:
    same here. most time they're blank...earnings are off 80%

theduke56789, Jul 14, 2007 IP
  3. srinath27

srinath27 Guest

Best Answers:
    HI, same here.

sometimes ads shows up, when clicked, they show blank pages.

srinath27, Jul 14, 2007 IP
  4. PoemofQuotes

PoemofQuotes Peon

Best Answers:
    Heh, welcome to the club. This happens all the time at YPN.

PoemofQuotes, Jul 14, 2007 IP
  5. greenflag

greenflag Active Member

Best Answers:
    same here - down over 80%. only 1 ad showing where 3 or 4 should show. sometime no ads at all. i have been in email contact with YPN and they said their engineers will investiagte on Monday - but we are !@#$ed until then.

it certainly is a technical error on their part, and you know they are going to use the 'this is in beta' to not pay us for lost revenue...

i hope they fix it soon...

greenflag, Jul 14, 2007 IP
  6. hc5831

hc5831 Peon

Best Answers:
    Good to know it is not only me. I moved all my ads to Adsense until they fix this. It's bs it'll have to wait until Monday.

As for expecting them to pay us for lost revenue, don't be silly. Although I am angry at the lost revenue, they don't owe it to us. If you don't like the service, don't use them. That's the way it works.

hc5831, Jul 14, 2007 IP
  7. gautam1985

gautam1985 Peon

Best Answers:
    yahoo is making me cry this month i use to have 2k a month this since three months im down to 62$ wtf is wrong with these guys cant they just have a good server to server ads im think about going back to adbrite or something else

gautam1985, Jul 15, 2007 IP
  8. natekapi

natekapi Peon

Best Answers:
    WTF. Yahoo is blowing it so hard these days.

natekapi, Jul 15, 2007 IP
  9. Da-Chief

Da-Chief Peon

Best Answers:
    HC5831,
    I don't think I agree with you commment. People rely on this for income. If I have entered into a contract with a company which I have with Yahoo, and they know that there is something wrong with serving ads (Which I am sure they do) then they should be on it.

The way you keep you clients happy if you decide to wait a extra day, trust me it is better to throw your clients a bone to keep them happy in here then to lose everyon to adsense..

While it is true, that they don't "HAVE" to compensate, Most buisneses do compensate, I.e I went to Best Buy to buy a laptop, the power was out in the store and one of their sales people came to our car counted who was in the car and gave us "5" 10% off our next purchases do to our time.

This is what keeps me coming back.. Good Sales..taking care of those who take care of you..

Ok off the soapbox now..
    Darrell

Da-Chief, Jul 15, 2007 IP
  10. bschneider5

bschneider5 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Glad I'm not alone here, no ads showing up AT ALL!

bschneider5, Jul 15, 2007 IP
  11. problem-shared.com

problem-shared.com Guest

Best Answers:
    Yahoo is still perfecting its services. Google has been around along time, but I must say im sure Yahoo has pleanty of money.

Plus they are failing their customers who pay to display the ads.

problem-shared.com, Jul 15, 2007 IP
  12. Tearabite

Tearabite Prominent Member

Best Answers:

Uhh.. how do you know this? :cool:

Tearabite, Jul 15, 2007 IP
  13. greenflag

greenflag Active Member

Best Answers:
    Please everyone email and call YPN to make sure they realize it is network wide.

greenflag, Jul 15, 2007 IP
  14. archard

archard Peon

Best Answers:
    I totally agree. Publishers get stepped on so often and it's about time we are treated fairly.

archard, Jul 15, 2007 IP
  15. d16man

d16man Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have 1 ad showing on some pages that used to show 8 different ads...I wish YPN would get their act together.

d16man, Jul 15, 2007 IP
  16. PoemofQuotes

PoemofQuotes Peon

Best Answers:
    From what I've gathered, they know about the problem (which started on Friday). However, they say they have NO engineers at all on the weekend to fix the problem, so it will be like this until Monday.

That is pretty hard to believe, billion dollar company with no engineers on the weekend? What kind of crap are they doing there?

PoemofQuotes, Jul 15, 2007 IP
  17. archard

archard Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow where'd you hear that? That's totally unbelievable. You'd think with a problem this big they could at least call some people in.

Oh well, I'm gonna give AdSense another try. Historically YPN has performed WAY better for me (when it actually works), but I've learned a few things over the past months about AdSense like section targetting and the ad blacklist so I'm gonna give those a try and see if I can get better results from AdSense.

archard, Jul 15, 2007 IP
  18. internetmarketingiq

internetmarketingiq Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    So that's what they are doing - perfecting its services!

Made less than a dime yesterday, and no ads are displaying at all today. I would think that perfecting could be put on a back burner while they MAKE THE DAMN THING WORK!

It's a total joke. I pulled about 99% of my YPN stuff months ago when it went to hell. I only keep just enough ads up to keep the counter ticking in the unlikely event they do EVER get their act together.

Anyone who has not switched over to Adsense is just throwing money in the toilet.

internetmarketingiq, Jul 15, 2007 IP
  19. Hobbit2

Hobbit2 Active Member

Best Answers:
    NONE of my ads are showing. I just logged in to check my stats, and I have a wopping $0 for the day. They are making me lose a lot of money.

Hobbit2, Jul 15, 2007 IP
  20. hc5831

hc5831 Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with you that it would be good business for them to compensate us. That was not what I was saying. I'm saying that it is wrong to expect to be paid for your lost revenue like the revenue is a right.

They are having technical problems. Yes, it is unsat that they don't have engineers on duty/call on the weekend to fix this. Yahoo has lost of lot of money with this also. If we don't get paid, they aren't getting paid. I can't understand how this happened. There is no way we should be in this situation.

The bottom line is that they don't have to compensate us and they won't. To complain and think you have a right to it is wasting energy. As is debating this topic.

hc5831, Jul 15, 2007 IP