1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Negative paypal balance,need help.

Discussion in 'PayPal' started by bordello, Jul 12, 2007.

Hi guys two days back i had $1645 in my paypal but 1 guy charged back $2800 and now my paypal balance is -1155.

I worked hard for 1 month to complete his work but after getting and using my service he charged back.So presently my PP showing me -ve balance.Its an VCC verified.

What should i do now? To b frank i dont want to fund this account again as it will first cover all its negative balance.

Thanks

bordello, Jul 12, 2007 IP
  2. priyakochin

priyakochin Banned

Best Answers:
    Yeah I am also looking for such advice.
    If we close that acc anything will happen ?
    Will pp file case against us !

priyakochin, Jul 12, 2007 IP
  3. Geoffrey

Geoffrey Banned

Best Answers:
    Well, just for your general information, you can't close it down until the money has been paid off, so they have evidence against you in case this is taken further.

Geoffrey, Jul 12, 2007 IP
  4. priyakochin

priyakochin Banned

Best Answers:
    So we have to pay all that amount ?

:eek:

priyakochin, Jul 12, 2007 IP
  5. getjimmy

getjimmy Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I dont think PP will file any case against u if u close ur account.They will just tell inform buyer dat funds were not recovered,i am not sure though.

getjimmy, Jul 12, 2007 IP
  6. Bob'O

Bob'O Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow that totally sucks! There has to be a better way to collect money from people who you provide a service for and have protection from chargebacks.

You also have to look at it from another point of view. You took the chance knowing you wouldn't have protection. I am thinking you may be in a country that paypal doesn't allow? Weren't you notified of his dispute or did he just chargeback on his credit card or what? It's the cost of doing business. This crap happens all the time!

I seriously doubt you will ever be able to get another paypal account with your information unless you pay this one off.

In closing, good luck figuring out what to do. I'd hate to lose that much money in one shot, it would sting for sure.

Bob'O, Jul 12, 2007 IP
  7. bordello

bordello Notable Member

Best Answers:
    No,i am from paypal supported country,INDIA.He chargedback and money is reversed by paypal.So my balance showing in negative now,as stated b4 i already lost $1645 and present balance is -1155.

Can i leave this account as it is,this is my personel account.I also have 1 buisness account.

bordello, Jul 12, 2007 IP
  8. adacprogramming

adacprogramming Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I would assume that the work is in dispute.

If it is completed to the agree specifications (and you have documentation) You can use this as proof and should be able to get the money back. Paypal seems to work on the same priciples as a credit card, from what I have read the dispute process is similar.

I just notice you are selling hard drives. If this is for a "hard Goods" sale. All you should need to do is show paypal the shipping information to prove that the item was shipped.

adacprogramming, Jul 12, 2007 IP
  9. DarkX

DarkX Peon

Best Answers:
    About 2 months ago i had my paypal account in negative and still have that in negative balance :p
    PayPal didn't kill me or file any case yet :p

But your amount is big so i can't say about that :)

DarkX

DarkX, Jul 12, 2007 IP
  10. FE Joe

FE Joe Guest

Best Answers:
    Open a complaint and say that the transaction was for a non-tangible item/service.

FE Joe, Jul 12, 2007 IP
  11. Bob'O

Bob'O Peon

Best Answers:
    But if he chargedback on his CREDIT CARD and not in a complaint via paypal, I don't think the non-tangible thing will work will it?

Anyways if you have a biz account just use it and never leave more than a couple hundred bucks in it at a time.

Bob'O, Jul 12, 2007 IP
  12. getjimmy

Best Answers:
    Did u not read his last post,money is already reversed.

getjimmy, Jul 12, 2007 IP
  13. FE Joe

FE Joe Guest

Best Answers:
    If it was reversed by paypal, he should've disputed it initially. If it was a credit-card chargeback, then he may be SOL, unless the guy has funds in his paypal account.

FE Joe, Jul 13, 2007 IP
  14. Soccerplayur012

Soccerplayur012 Peon

Best Answers:
    Unfortunately, you'll need to pay this back. Paypal gives you about 3 months to acquire funds from your bank account to your paypal account to pay off the debt. If, after 3 months or so have passed, you haven't paid anything off, they will take the money directly off of the CC/Bank and credit it to the correct person.

If you are in the middle of a claim/dispute, this won't happen until said dispute is over.

Good luck

Soccerplayur012, Jul 13, 2007 IP
  15. SFTech

SFTech Banned

Best Answers:
    Happened to me too I made a website and sold it for about $500 yea lower than what you are dealing with but still.

The Dick charged his money back and got my site and PayPal didn't do anything so I had to work hard for a week endless designing jobs just to pay it off :S

SFTech, Jul 13, 2007 IP
  16. getjimmy

Best Answers:
    The OP is from India and verified his PP by VCC.So There is no question of bank as in India we cannot add our bank to paypal accounts.So i think he can leave his account as it is and stick to his buisness account only.

getjimmy, Jul 13, 2007 IP
  17. mafostedu

mafostedu Peon

Best Answers:
    Well I am the recent victim of such kind of fraud on PayPal, I am also from India. I suggest the poster of this thread to discontinue his/her business a/c or any other a/c if it is there with the same data as his/her -ve balanced PayPal. I was having 3 PayPal a/c just 2 months back was doing good business on ebay with them. Suddenly one day I got a charge back notice to one of my a/c having nil balance. The buyer had claimed that he hadn't done any transaction with his/her paypal to me so may be a hacker had pay me instead of the real owner & since I was selling digital item on ebay with immediate link resolution after getting paid, I was unable to provide them tracking information about the shipment, so the case went in to the favor of the buyer (or the real owner of the PayPal). However in such case PayPal should cover me under their seller protection policy but they declined to cover me due to digital shipment !!! Finally I blocked the CC on file with that a/c & continued my business with other 2 a/c. Since the a/c balance was nil I had nothing to loose in that case so I was not worried about it at all.

But few days later when I tried to withdraw a check from one of my remaining 2 a/c though they had issued the check within few days, also limited the access of my that PayPal & asking for inventory & some id proofs to fax. I thought if I wouldn't fax them the required documents they might cancel my issued check so I faxed them the required documents. Within couple of days I got an email from them that they were unable to restore my PayPal until I restore the -ve balance of my first PayPal !! I left the things as it was & waiting for the check to come with a mind set to loose one more PayPal, as I had got all the remaining fund with the 2nd PayPal with that check. Within few days I got the limited access to my 3rd PayPal also !!! It is still having more than $900 in it. Mean time I got the check issued from my 2nd PayPal & it was of $1200 (46,900 INR). I deposited it to my bank. On the very next day I got an email from PayPal for my 2nd PayPal that the check was undeliverable & they had reversed my withdrawal fund back to my 2nd PayPal. Due to fluctuation in exchange rates I got only $1096 back to my PayPal instead of original $1200 plus I had to pay the check return charge to my bank !!! Now all my 3 PayPal are limited access with one having balance of (-465) USD, one having $1096 & another having $935. I was having those 3 PayPal on my personal name, on my dad's name & one on my mother's maiden name. All of them have different CC on file which were real & issued by a well known bank of India (ICICI bank). There was no data mismatching with the CC billing address or name. And they have got a link with all of my 3 PayPal only because I used the real things. All of them are having same billing address so it was easier for them to get a link between them.

The conclusion of my bad experience is that you should never have more than one a/c with same data on file. If you got some problem with one paypal your other paypal may also be compromised.

So in my opinion the poster of this thread should, rather must close his/her current business paypal & try to open a new PayPal with different billing address & possibly name also.

mafostedu, Jul 14, 2007 IP
  18. solideuk

solideuk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Another victim here! A few months ago I designed a website for a client, I had spent weeks desiging the site, providing remote assistance and answering over 50 emails per day. I was hit with a chargeback soon after, Paypal (as usual) sided with the buyer - apparently the buyers account was fraudulently used. Even though the Paypal member centre did state that I WAS protected by Seller Protection, it wasn't the case as I was selling an in-tangible item/service.

I tried other avenues to recover the amount Paypal took by force, eventually I lost- the large multi-national corporation won.

Paypal will attempt to recover the funds - my advice is pay up, it is less hassle in the long run. Even though I lost the chargeback dispute I did deface the clients/buyers website, that did make me feel a lot better!

solideuk, Jul 14, 2007 IP
  19. warlord2010

warlord2010 Peon

Best Answers:
    I just dont understand. How can u let so much money go? I know we r kinda helpless in this case, but there has to be some way around this problem. Otherwise it is impossible for us to do business online safely.

warlord2010, Feb 4, 2010 IP
  20. seogoogle

seogoogle Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Better Option is to use your business account as some payment already reversed and if you get funds in your account that also gone sure.

Have you talk to Buyer if you done his/her work why he charged-back :mad: atleast he/she have to ask you :(

seogoogle, Feb 4, 2010 IP