1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Gay Marriage: Should It Be Allowed?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by melbel, Jul 6, 2007.

?

Should gay marriage be allowed?

1. Yes

141 vote(s)
    45.8%
  2. No

167 vote(s)
    54.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. N_F_S

N_F_S Active Member

Best Answers:
    that's like obviuos that it does? I do, and I will be in that situation, not you.

N_F_S, Jul 7, 2007 IP
  2. zk0

zk0 Peon

Best Answers:
    Why must it be one leader? Can't it be two?

zk0, Jul 7, 2007 IP
  3. 8everything

8everything Peon

Best Answers:
    lol I hope it's not serious.. because it's quite the old mindset... aren't they usually mutual decision between both spouses? Unless one is willing to follow and agree everything one spouse says:rolleyes:

8everything, Jul 7, 2007 IP
  4. skibladner

skibladner Peon

Best Answers:
    If there are two leaders there'll be a fight! A house with a strong willed woman where the man is a wimp "yes dear" "as you say dear" can also be peaceful, but that's rare.

skibladner, Jul 7, 2007 IP
  5. 8everything

8everything Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah.. I agree on the fight thing :p but nevertheless that's what's common :p

8everything, Jul 7, 2007 IP
  6. DeniseJ

DeniseJ Live, Laugh, Love

Best Answers:
    Again... I have no idea what you are talking about.

DeniseJ, Jul 7, 2007 IP
  7. seogirl

seogirl Banned

Best Answers:
    isn't this thread about "gay marriage" :confused: :confused: :p

seogirl, Jul 8, 2007 IP
  8. Blogsip

Blogsip Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think it should. It's not harming anyone. But as for getting married in a church, it is up to the church.

Blogsip, Jul 8, 2007 IP
  9. zk0

zk0 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, but if some people cant accept equality between the genders how can they accept gay love then?

zk0, Jul 8, 2007 IP
  10. Kerosene

Kerosene Alpha & Omega™ Staff

Best Answers:
    Most kids don't give a crap, if they have cool parents they're happy - that is until society has its evil way with them and the kids start realizing that "Mommy & Mommy" are actually evil weirdos. A few of my friends were brought up by gay parents, and they're far more 'well adjusted' to the world than I am.

Kerosene, Jul 8, 2007 IP
    8everything likes this.
  11. N_F_S

N_F_S Active Member

Best Answers:
    You lose the path too often :rolleyes:

situation = the one I asked about walking with the son on a public square, blah blah blah.

N_F_S, Jul 8, 2007 IP
  12. DeniseJ

DeniseJ Live, Laugh, Love

Best Answers:
    I don't know why you insist on bringing that up again and again. It really has no relevance to the topic. Who cares if two people of the same sex want to get married? Get over it. It's not affecting anyone but those two people. Live and let live, people.

DeniseJ, Jul 8, 2007 IP
    8everything likes this.
  13. alstar70

alstar70 Peon

Best Answers:
    Gay Marriage - its an oxomoron

God created Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve!

But in our societies mad rush to self destruction and total disregard of God - Gay 'marriage' is just yet one of the signs will be reaching the end.

God can not delay Judgment forever.

Gay Marriage is just yet another liberal assault on the Family, family values and the basic core units of an effective society.

Allow Gay Marriage and you may as well write western societies epitaph

When I was born in NZ in 1970 Homosexuality was outlawed. In less than 40 short years it is now actively promoted. And all the while society continues to go down the drain pipe.

Before you call me a Homophobic crazy person I do have friends who are Homosexuals - though they know I strongly disapprove of their lifestyle, I do not shut them out, although some because of my Christian beliefs refused to talk to me. Others know how I feel and I know how they feel and yet we still have a good relationship.

I find two main themes often repeated
    - amongst Gay man - normally a dysfunctional relationship with their father, they are seldom happy with life - even when they become gay, high users of drugs and a high depression/suicide rate, high turnover of relationships.
    - amongst Gay women - often sexually abuse by a man at a young age leads many to become man haters and turn to their own sex; some as a result of a dysfunctional or violent adult relationship with a man decide all men are evil and once again turn to their own sex.

Neither are great reasons for becoming gay.

Now I now I'm about to be slandered, but these are my beliefs and thoughts.

alstar70, Jul 8, 2007 IP
  14. tarponkeith

tarponkeith Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That's old.

To those of us agnostics, atheists and logical thinkers, this isn't a valid argument.

It's not an assault. Actually, quite the contrary, the conservatives are assaulting the homosexuals rights to live equal lives by not allowing same-sex marriages.

Logical Fallacy: Slippery Slope?

And you blame the homosexual lifestyle instead of... say... the slow destruction of the middle class through outsourcing and technological advancements?

I applaud them for putting up with a closed minded person.

Are you a therapist? I know a group of gay people that don't fit into your categories... Where's the category for people that have had these tenancies since birth and are accepted by their families for who they are?

You act like they all have a choice. I prefer brunettes to blondes, just as some prefer penis to vagina...

Thank you for posting your beliefs... Even as opposite to my views as they are, I still like when people can openly discuss their outlook...

tarponkeith, Jul 8, 2007 IP
  15. DevilHellz

DevilHellz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think it is because of people like you, society continues to go down the drain pipe.

I find it funny. Take for example that you have a couple of black friends, but you are strictly against the equality between blacks and whites, and you strongly think black people should be slaves and serve the white men.
    "Oh hey Robert [my fellow gay friend], what have you been doing today ? How's life ? Oh, you remember that i seriously am against gay people, and i think gay marriage should be forbidden - as you guys bring society down the drain pipe, right ?"
    -
    "Oh hey James [my fellow black friend], what have you been doing today ? How's life ? Oh, you remember that i don't think you deserve all the rights that us white people have, because you are black, and your sole purpose in life is to serve the white people, such as me - right ?"

DevilHellz, Jul 8, 2007 IP
  16. samantha pia

samantha pia Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    it's funny how all the homophobes claim to have gay friends

samantha pia, Jul 8, 2007 IP
  17. Hopper

Hopper Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Let me get this right, this is the all forgiving God isn't it? The one that says turn the other cheek etc.

Come on, surely being a Christian is ALL about tollerance of others, of charity and understanding.

I'm a Christian, I don't go to church, I don't go around preaching and pontificating but I do live my life in a Christian way - that's with compassion and understanding towards others who live life differently to how I do.

I don't believe in a God of who only offers judgement and not compassion, I don't believe in a religion that says there is only one way to live a life - I do believe in a lifestyle (that I think of as Chrisitian) that accepts differences and is tollerant of others.

I am even tollerent of your ideals, in the sense that I believe you have the right to hold your views however much I do not agree with them and I hope that one day we will both come to meet a God who understands and is tollerent of both our beliefs.

Hopper, Jul 8, 2007 IP
  18. N_F_S

N_F_S Active Member

Best Answers:
    why do you insist on telling me what to do? :) I bring that up, cos if I wouldnt want to have children like you - then I would agree with you and wouldnt give a sh*t about it as you.

haha, I cant do nothing about it love, cos there was a gay worker, where I used to work. Again - you wish.

Considering that you said you are a lesbian, that's just shows how homos are trying to believe that the person next to them are homo too ;) You just proved what we were saying on all 6 pages.

N_F_S, Jul 8, 2007 IP
  19. Hopper

Hopper Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You know what, I often go out for a beer (or a Gin in my case!) with my friends, we go to each others houses and have meals, share experiences and our lives, we all know each others significant others and familes and troubles.

The one thing I don't do with my friends is work with them, the people I work with are either my family or my work colleagues and (with the exception of my family members) I do not consider them to be my friends, colleagues YES but REAL friends - no!

Hopper, Jul 8, 2007 IP
  20. N_F_S

N_F_S Active Member

Best Answers:
    I agree, better not work with friends/family. Her post was for the other guy, who said he's got friends gays. On the contrary, I just said that I worked with them, and dont have any friends.

N_F_S, Jul 8, 2007 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.