1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

WP - my home page shows whole articles

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by roseau, Jul 7, 2007.

I have spent most of today searching everywhere for an answer to this question. I have tried the support sections at WP, google, different plug-ins and I am just plain frustrated.

I would appreciate any help here or at least be pointed in the right direction to find the answer.

On the home page of my site (blog), it prints my whole article and not just a snippet. I want only the first 3 or 4 lines to show and then you go to the page to the read the whole post.

So for instance whether I set it up to post 3 posts on the homepage or 15, it still shows the whole article. I just want an intro basically to show.

What is everyone else doing?

roseau, Jul 7, 2007 IP
  2. MarRome

MarRome Peon

Best Answers:
    You need to break your post where you want using a <!--more--> tag , but when you use a more tag it also shows up in your rss feed, so you might also want to check out the plugin Full Text Feed it removes the tag from your feed.

Good luck

MarRome, Jul 7, 2007 IP
    roseau likes this.
  3. roseau

roseau Peon

Best Answers:
    Oh my gosh - that is so simple and it actually works - lol - I am very appreciative.

The interesting part is it actually fixed another question I had. I wondered how to get the word "more" in my posts without hard coding it. And then I wasn't sure where it would break each post so now I have the answer to that question as well.

roseau, Jul 7, 2007 IP
  4. sat123

sat123 Banned

Best Answers:
    sat123, Jul 8, 2007 IP