1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

CJ is going to close my account : No reason stated!

Discussion in 'Commission Junction' started by tradeepak, Jul 4, 2007.

CJ is going to close my account : No reason stated!

I have been working for past 7 months with absolutely no problems. :confused:

What kind of quality is this? :eek:
    They punish the publishers who r the sole reason that they are in business today in the name of 'protecting' the advertisers :(

tradeepak, Jul 4, 2007 IP
  2. Masterful

Masterful Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You must have done something to merit termination. Have you broken any rules? Either that or CJ have made a mistake.

That note begins: "After performing an extensive review of your performance . . ." How has your performance been? Have you been making sales? I ask this because I think publishers' accounts are eligible for cancellation if a long period of inactivity is observed.

Masterful, Jul 4, 2007 IP
  3. tradeepak

tradeepak Banned

Best Answers:
    There was good activity, and I dont think I have broken any rules.

4. tvmatt

tvmatt Peon

Best Answers:
    Where have you posted your CJ links (what sites/pages)?

tvmatt, Jul 4, 2007 IP
  5. Zetman

Zetman Peon

Best Answers:
    You must have done something wrong. What is your # of clicks and # of impression per months? What is your earning per month on average?

Zetman, Jul 4, 2007 IP
  6. Micromag

Micromag Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Dear tradeepak,

this is a very bad news.

I recommend that your first step is find out why you have been banned - ask further information as they suggest on the email.

After learning why you are being banned, its time to ask your self if you did something wrong - from my experience in CJ I know that they only ban (excluding non activity account ) if they consider that you really did something very wrong like generate leads by your self (or a friend) or buy something using theft credit cards.

If you really did something wrong - forget it, but if you didn't make something wrong and get banned - is time to negotiate with quality network department - I recommend that you do it by phone (use skype).

I also ask you to provide a feedback here of what happened about your case.

Micromag, Jul 4, 2007 IP
  7. tradeepak

tradeepak Banned

Best Answers:
    I tried to contact them, but they told me that the only way to speak with the network quality is thru email and they can't be contacted through phone.

Let me see what happens :(

8. sin

sin Peon

Best Answers:
  9. CANAffiliate

CANAffiliate Peon

Best Answers:
    This is the pathetic side of CJ from what I've heard. Obviously this affiliate received this termination notice for a reason. CJ knows this reason, hence the termination notice. However, why is it that CJ will NOT provide that reason? How does this help the affiliate who may have unwillingly (or willingly) violated something in their terms? There are sooooo many aspects to affiliate marketing, if this affiliate is doing everything in good faith, having to guess at what they did wrong when they 'think' they are being compliant makes for a huge detriment on the affiliate. IMHO, I can't see how they can legally get away with it (and, yes, I know, every affiliate agrees to CJ's terms, but that doesn't make it right). CJ should provide a reason in order to help maintain a healthy relationship with their affiliates and clients.

Sorry to hear about what you are going through, tradeepak. I don't know what you did, but CJ should have provided a reason since they obviously know that reason. :(

CANAffiliate, Jul 5, 2007 IP
  10. Zanswer

Zanswer Peon

Best Answers:
    Exactly. It will be much easier if CJ quotes the reason for the decision to terminate his account. I doubt it is something serious, otherwise why 15-day grace period. If fraud is involved they would have closed accounts immediately wouldn't they?

I hope you get your earning back.

Zanswer, Jul 6, 2007 IP
  11. jquindlen

jquindlen Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I had them remove my account for inactivity. There customer service is horrible. Why deleted me as a potential money maker for them? Just because I didn't have the right types of sites to do affiliate promotion, doesn't mean that I won't sometime in the future. At this point, CJ is on my ever growing list of companies never to do business with again.

jquindlen, Jul 6, 2007 IP
  12. ahref

ahref Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, CJ terminate accounts, if publisher do not generate revenue for 6 consecutive months, may be this is the reason.

ahref, Jul 6, 2007 IP
  13. tradeepak

tradeepak Banned

Best Answers:
    Looks like I have a really good problem. I had 2 accounts [for incentive and non-inc] .. I only use these accounts. But some time back i logged into my friends account from my PC and his account is being closed for inflating traffic. Now my accounts are 'related' and being sued...

Just becoz i logged in into a 'bad' account sometime back, i am being punished for my good accounts.

So friends, be careful that you login only to your account from ur PC :(

tradeepak, Jul 6, 2007 IP
  14. alhilal

alhilal Peon

Best Answers:
    i hope CJ terminate my account as soon as possible as it doesn't generate revenue at all for me.

alhilal, Jul 8, 2007 IP