1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Directory Owners and DP forums - not for me!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by dvduval, Jul 3, 2007.

If you look at the people that criticize me here, you will see they have a way with trying to cause harm to many people here. They intimidate and lie to people. They try to make it seem like the good and honest people are liars and deceivers when it is they who are doing that very thing. I invite you to look through the posts of people who criticize me, and I'm confident you will see a pattern, but you will have to look. People will continue to twist things here. It is a terrible game that hurts a lot of good people.

There are thousands of users of phpLD, and I have to communicate with dozens every day. There may have been times when I told someone something that I failed to deliver on my promise, and for that I am sorry. For any such occurence, there were dozens of promises I did keep, and that is one of the reasons phpLD remains strong. It would be rare for someone to come to me asking for help and not get it. If they did not, it would be because
    1. it was difficult for me to give the solution they needed at the time. For example, maybe we needed to do a lot of coding to truly solve the problem, and time was needed. There are times when it took a month or two but we finally got the answer.
    2. The request required a lot of modification beyond the base code.
    3. The person continued to be rude or disrepectful repeatedly. I know people can be mad when there is a problem, but we try to help them anyway. It is when they continue on this path that sometimes we have to give up, but this is rare.

There have been a couple of extreme cases where people got very upset, but even these we tried to help, and even turned some of them around. It easy to find a few cases where something went wrong, and then try to say that those cases represent phpLD. That logic is flawed, because we service dozens of happy users each and every day, both new and experienced.

It has reached a point here where I feel the good people are losing. It is very unfortunate. While I have developed some great friendships here at DP, I continue to find people who are not nice people, and want to cause harm to others. It is definitely not limited to me. These people really go after everyone including other script developers and fellow directory owners. If I thought I could help, I would be doing that now, but I believe ownership of DP does not care about keeping a civil environment, and it is evident by reading through the threads here in the directory forum.

I believe the best way I can help is by not being here for a while. I will be working to develop communities where the owners of those communities care about having a quality place where good people are treated with respect. Sitepoint comes to mind, and I'm sure there are some others too.

I know after I post this thread, there will be people that will say that I am a liar and give a bunch of examples where they claim they have proof. Well, I can't stop them, but I don't have support them anymore, and you can bet that I will be putting a lot more effort into working with the good and honest folk that I have come to know. There are many of these people out there.

I may come back at a later time, but I need to step away and work on improving phpLD, and working with good people who also care about others, and show respect toward others.

Good luck everyone! :)
    David

dvduval, Jul 3, 2007 IP
    maldives, WhatiFind, vishwaa and 2 others like this.
  2. Ratman2050

Ratman2050 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well we will miss you. BTW you own phpLD? :confused::p

Ratman2050, Jul 3, 2007 IP
    LeopardAt1 likes this.
  3. britishguy

britishguy Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Good Luck to you David for now and the future

All I can say is that I intend leaving soon too

britishguy, Jul 3, 2007 IP
    Richie_Ni, iceberg and minstrel like this.
  4. mywebsearches

mywebsearches Peon

Best Answers:
    I know where to find you David!

Anyway, I hope this decision can help you in many positive ways

Good Luck!

mywebsearches, Jul 3, 2007 IP
  5. vegabond

vegabond Shabu Anower

Best Answers:
    Good Luck David :)

vegabond, Jul 3, 2007 IP
    LeopardAt1 likes this.
  6. Mong

Mong ↓↘→ horsePower

Best Answers:
    Its just a little shift in address bar of browser ;)

Mong, Jul 3, 2007 IP
  7. saadahmed007

saadahmed007 Admínistratör

Best Answers:
    Good Luck David :).I hope you will improve PHPLD and will release more mods etc :)

saadahmed007, Jul 3, 2007 IP
  8. dargre

dargre Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm really sorry, It's so sad.
    Some things cannot be ignored, some words are not to be forgiven - understand it very well.
    Seems there is too much bad people around, to much jelousy, to much those who should never start with directories :(
    What is sad - bad people are always so loud and those good always calm, pretending they just do not see...

dargre, Jul 3, 2007 IP
    vegabond likes this.
  9. smub

smub Notable Member

Best Answers:
    good luck to you david ....

it is true that this forum has became a harsh place where people are only ready to fight. It has become a corner of the street where 3 goons are standing tall and big beating every one person who walks by that corner because on the other side there is a better world, and they dont want others to get there.

For a lack of a better word, there is always gang banging going on, and always a war where the same group of people team up and pick on somebody and always use harsh words to insult them and destroy their reputation calling it (constructive critcism) or TRUTH << but its not either. ...

i wish you all the best with your aventures...

smub, Jul 3, 2007 IP
  10. deluxdon

deluxdon Catch Me If You Can...!!!™ Staff

Best Answers:
    Good luck david.

BTW i know how to contact you ;) Don't remove me from your messenger list :)

deluxdon, Jul 3, 2007 IP
  11. LeopardAt1

LeopardAt1 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The good side always prevails David ;)

It is very unfortunate to see you leave, and I personally would like it for you to just stick around and just keep in contact with those who you find good. Just try ignoring the bad ones, and chat with the good :)

LeopardAt1, Jul 3, 2007 IP
  12. paidhosting

paidhosting Peon

Best Answers:
    Alright david hopefully my bugging u was not the reason :). @Rat duuh he is owner of phpld

paidhosting, Jul 3, 2007 IP
  13. Freewebspace

Freewebspace Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You are right David,there are too much people around here crictizing each other!

and also there are some worthless discussions started by some members!

I really know how it is difficult to modify the code in PHPLD and how a lot of hardwork is needed for it!

Some directory owners do not understand how it is very difficult and they simply criticize others for it!

I hope you would come back soon here!

Freewebspace, Jul 3, 2007 IP
  14. uttoransen

uttoransen Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    good that i see david online now! this directory category will be quite empty if you all plan to leave!! i hope you change you minds!:)

uttoransen, Jul 3, 2007 IP
  15. Providence

Providence Peon

Best Answers:
    You helped me a lot last month which was far more than what a script owner would be willing to do.

Good luck David.

Providence, Jul 3, 2007 IP
  16. Brandon Sheley

Brandon Sheley Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Take care David, you do whats best for you and your family. :)

The directories will still be here tomorrow ;)

Brandon Sheley, Jul 3, 2007 IP
  17. Nick_Mayhem

Nick_Mayhem Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Hey David. I would still say and keep saying that phpLD is the best.

See you on there ;)

Nick_Mayhem, Jul 3, 2007 IP
  18. Mong

Mong ↓↘→ horsePower

Best Answers:
    Everyone in this thread is +ve with you David;

Who the heck is making you to move? :eek:

Mong, Jul 3, 2007 IP
  19. maldives

maldives Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I don't have any personal problem with any forum member after so many days here. But, I do see people fighting each other with reference directory related issues. I know so many contributing members have left digital point for reasons like this.

Good luck with your new direction. :)

maldives, Jul 3, 2007 IP
  20. vic_msn

vic_msn Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    too bad to hear this but I think you have vented out what you had in mind for a long time and that's a good one.
    good luck

vic_msn, Jul 3, 2007 IP