1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Placement Performance Reports Are Here

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by GuyFromChicago, Jun 12, 2007.

Here's the official Google announcement and here's a good write up at SEL.

If you haven't heard of placement performance reports before here's what they are/what they do:

"In an ongoing effort to provide more transparency to advertisers, Google announced today the availability of a new AdWords report, called a Placement Performance report, which enables advertisers to see the exact sites on the Google content network where their ads appear. Placement Performance reports also provide site-by-site performance metrics – including domain, URL, impression, click, conversion and cost data – as well as aggregated metrics for traffic generated from AdSense for domain sites. With these reports, advertisers have much more insight into their contextually targeted advertising spend and are able to leverage the information to more effectively optimize their campaigns and meet their objectives. Designed in response to advertisers’ requests, Placement Performance reports offer advertisers both increased transparency and greater control over their contextual advertising, which ultimately lead to more relevant ads for users."

Start blocking those crappy MFA sites!:D

Edit - anyone actually seeing these live in their account? I've checked over 100 US accounts this morning and none have this report available.

GuyFromChicago, Jun 12, 2007 IP
  2. tpn87

tpn87 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Not sure if today is the official mass roll out or if it was just turned on in our account today. You can now see where your ads are showing on the content network.

I am blown away by MOST of the absolutely crappy unrelated MFA sites that our ads have been showing on.

Anyone else run this report on their content campaigns today?

tpn87, Jun 22, 2007 IP
  3. GuyFromChicago

GuyFromChicago Permanent Peon

Best Answers:
    It's being rolled out to everyone. I saw the notice in one of my accounts but haven't yet run the report.

GuyFromChicago, Jun 22, 2007 IP
  4. catchafire

catchafire Guest

Best Answers:
    Ran several reports yesterday. The MFA sites convert really well for this particular client. It's the 'domain' sites that have terrible conversion. I'm assuming this is parked domains...

catchafire, Jun 23, 2007 IP
  5. CustardMite

CustardMite Peon

Best Answers:
    Hmm...

I seem to be getting conversions from sites with no impressions.

It's not 100% bug-free, I think...

CustardMite, Jun 25, 2007 IP