1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Who is making under $5 a day with Adsense?

Discussion in 'Reporting & Stats' started by moneymakingguru, May 5, 2007.

?

What is your Average Earnings per day with Adsense?

1. Under $1

266 vote(s)
    50.8%
  2. Under $2

89 vote(s)
    17.0%
  3. Under $3

55 vote(s)
    10.5%
  4. Under $4

34 vote(s)
    6.5%
  5. Under $5

80 vote(s)
    15.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ganpat

ganpat Peon

Best Answers:
    well, right now, no one is used to your site. so don't worry about repeat visitors. they'll either bookmark the page they need or know where to go straight away.
    i work in an ad agency that has started to do a lot of web based advertising and i'm learning a lot. you have between 5 and 20 seconds to get their attention. so keep your opening page simple. too much color, especially reds and yellows and too many links and stuff will confuse visitors. instead of reading material, they will get overwhelmed and move on to one of the other 10 million sites that show up on their google search.

remember the word "KISS" Keep It Simple Stupid.

Sometimes less is more. especially these days. look at your ads on TV. especially the IPod ads. after all the flash, the actual logo and stuff is really simple.

when i visited your site, it started giving me information straight away and i wasn't even sure if i needed that. instead, let the people look for that, and when they find it, your site becomes useful for them. then you have repeat visitors.

so keep your content great, keep your homepage simple and listen to moneymakingguru about design and ad placement. that's what i feel anyways.

ganpat, Jun 20, 2007 IP
  2. grusomhat

grusomhat Peon

Best Answers:
    Name: WWE Divas Gallery
    URL: wwedivasgallery.net
    Average earnings per day with Adsense: $2-$4
    How much time a week do you have to spend on improving: 2 houes
    Unique visitors a day: 500-800

Thanks in advance for any advice :)

grusomhat, Jun 20, 2007 IP
  3. Kaediem

Kaediem Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    sigh. Well, I have to tell you that my clicks got LOWER with the new design and ad placement.

I think that while your advice seems good on the surface, the one thing you are neglecting to consider is target audience.

As webmasters maybe we are conditioned to want to look at cookie cutter sites that are plain and simple but I think my audience seems to prefer a little clutter and a little style.

My visitor numbers haven't really changed but my earnings have dropped since the new 'clean' design.

I spiced it up just a tad and already I'm seeing some improvement.

food for thought. Think about who's visiting. My site is geared for people who are not particularly internet savvy - they probably still like to look at something more interesting than a piece of paper :)

Lisa

Kaediem, Jun 20, 2007 IP
  4. AmebaBot

AmebaBot Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey hey !

Name: Music News
    URL: nexxmusic.blogspot.com
    Unique visitors a day: 25
    Average earnings per day with Adsense: 0
    How much time a week do you have to spend on improving: 20

Its 1 week blog - with 150 uni and only 1 click ://

AmebaBot, Jun 20, 2007 IP
  5. Jade767

Jade767 Peon

Best Answers:
    Name: Loiq
    URL: http://blog.loiqdesign.be
    Average earnings per day with Adsense: 1-2$
    How much time a week do you have to spend on improving: varies between 10-40hours

Jade767, Jun 20, 2007 IP
  6. moneymakingguru

moneymakingguru Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Lisa,
    I m sorry for your poor result, I dun like to see poor results and I want to help you get better results, would you give me full control of how your site will look like for the next few days? Do a backup and let me know if you dun mind me ftping your pages.

By the way, when you mentioned lower CTR, was it becos of the previous design with green theme? Cos i did mention that a bluish theme, with blue hyperlinks works better. That is in general and at least in my case.

And also, with your unique visits at 50 a day between the 2 sites... It is almost not justifiable to use that CTR as a benchmark, i did mention it before in this thread, and I m sure you read that b4.

Also there are more factors that might affect your CTR, and to effectively test a new ad placement and template, you need a consistent amount of traffic to get a fair analysis. Hope you understand that too.

moneymakingguru, Jun 20, 2007 IP
  7. criticerz

criticerz Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey guys, how many clicks do you think I can get from around 1800 impressions? My site is: tutorialshift.com

criticerz, Jun 20, 2007 IP
  8. moneymakingguru

Best Answers:
    Sorry, new rules for the review, no reviews for site with under 100 unique visits a day.

9. moneymakingguru

Best Answers:
    Hi Amit,
    I find it ironic and funny that you are giving auriga this advice when you yourself present to me a not so impressive website here. No pun intented, but i think it is just so funny...

Auriga unique visits a day = ????

Just a CSS issue i found.

[​IMG]

10. ganpat

ganpat Peon

Best Answers:
    well moneymakingguru, i know about content and advertising, but know very little about design. that's why i am here asking for your help. i was just trying to give auriga some advice that i got from people like yourself.

my advice was meant only for content, not for design and adsense optimization. if you'll notice, i keep mentioning you in my posts.

coming back to my site, do you think content is lacking? because i used digg and reddit to promote my site and while i've gotten very few clicks, the content has been praised by all. so i am led to presume that content is fine but design leaves something to be desired. am i right?

ganpat, Jun 20, 2007 IP
  11. moneymakingguru

Best Answers:
    Name: Real Name of person...
    Anyways, 500 uniques normally will makes me about $5.. sometimes more.. (only a gauge)

So what i can guess is you have a relatively low CTR. If you want you can PM me and tell me your CTR %.. But i think the reason is being, you only use primarily Adlinks... Bad BAd BAD!

Adsense should be the main breadwinner in the Adsense program, not adlinks.
    To get paid for clicks you need the same person to click at least twice to get paid. And when they 1st click on the adlinks, they will have a "surprise", they will think "whoopss! did i click on the wrong thing" when they go to a page that is white (completely different from your black page.) And it shows ads in their faces.. What do you think they will do?

Next, it very much depends on what kind of ads that appears on that very page, so technically, you have 2 hurdles to jump b4 you get paid.. Compared to ADsense ads, what you see is what you get, like it, click on it and find out more, they click once you get paid.

That is my Adsense philosophy.

I think if you spend some time reading this entire thread, you will find more adsense optimization tips enough to help you increase CTR to make $8 or more based on the current unique visitors.

Update us..

Oh, if you can change the template's color, if not the entire template..

12. Auriga

Auriga Guest

Best Answers:
    Sorry, i did only see after my posts that this was a 100+ visitors thread only... I don't have that much visitors yet :(

Thanks for the CSS issue!! I have seen it before, and thought I had solved it. I cannot reproduce it on my PC... So, at the moment I really don't have a clue where to start to fix it.

I'll post it on another thread, and see if anyone else knows a solution :)

Thanks!!

Auriga, Jun 20, 2007 IP
  13. moneymakingguru

Best Answers:
    Amit,
    I m a visual particular person.. hence to me, the visual appearance affects everything. If you ask my fiance, whenever i cook, my food will turn out very pretty and attractive on the dish, no matter if its just sandwiches or saugage and mash.. they will look nice.

When it comes to websites, I can spend 2-3 days just to adjust things on the site's physical appearance to look good enough. That is my weakness and which is also my strength. Becos a professional looking site will give credibility to your visitors, especially if its the visitor's 1st visit, the professional look will make their visit more "comfortable", as they know they have not come to a dodgey site which is set up in mins, and the owner probably did not care about who is visiting, and the owner probably set up this site to collect important information about me so that he can do something dodgey.... etc... I dunno if you get my point.

Professional Look = Credibility = More Trust = Potentially More Clicks = Potentially More $$ !

I cannot emphasize more!!! Read the top message again and again until you can recite that in your sleep.

14. copyworld

copyworld Active Member

Best Answers:
    Your Name:Ljubisa Radisic
    URL:http://www.220kg.com/blogs/Globalwarming/
    Unique visitors a day:50
    Average earnings per day with Adsense:0.50$
    How much time a week do you have to spend on improving:35 hours

Thanks in advance

copyworld, Jun 20, 2007 IP
    nervo likes this.
  15. moneymakingguru

Best Answers:
    I m requesting people whom received suggestions from me in this thread before to give feedbacks and updates on their sites. I think I have given a lot in this thread and now i need to know what I am doing is actually helping people not ruining people's sites. So pls give some sort of acknowledgement, and if needs be, I can do the assessment again to make sure things work out the way it should.

Sometimes i do wish people would read the previous 10 posts..

Sorry, new rules for the review, no reviews for site with under 100 unique visits a day.

Time for bed.

16. ganpat

ganpat Peon

Best Answers:
    dude, i completely agree. thats why i am here. i am good at writing content and research but terrible at design. thats why i feel that with your help i will get the right combination needed for success. i realize that my content is great but the look is shabby, so my success rate is low too. hopefully with your help, i can change that.

amit

ganpat, Jun 20, 2007 IP
  17. silkenhut

silkenhut Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    ohh based on the new rule, I am not yet qualified for the review... I guess I have to add more content and more time to develop it. ^_^

silkenhut, Jun 20, 2007 IP
  18. grusomhat

grusomhat Peon

Best Answers:
    Woops that's what you meant by name. Thought so but saw other posts like that. Ok

Name: Stephen

I only switched to adlinks other I started this thread because I read somewhere about it. I will change back though. I have found some great tips on adding adsense into wordpress blogs that I will use tonight and see what sort of return I get tomorrow.

Do you have any other suggestions for themes? I liked the one I use as I thought it looked professional.

grusomhat, Jun 20, 2007 IP
  19. free

free Banned

Best Answers:
    :( some of my sites (tech) do terrible with adsense

free, Jun 20, 2007 IP
  20. YourSiteKindaBlows

YourSiteKindaBlows Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, suddently, I'm making less than $5.00 dollars a day and I'm averaging 20 clicks with 1500 unique visitors daily.

Before, I was making $15.00 a day, but the earnings went down all of a sudden......lol....

Hopefully, they will go back up.....

YourSiteKindaBlows, Jun 20, 2007 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.