1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

WTF is going on? <crying>

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by NetworkTown.Net, Jun 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BinderGang

BinderGang Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I received 2 infractions for updating the info on my domain for sale. The other forums I sell domains on Namepros and DNForum allows you to reply to your thread if your adding important information that prospective buys would need to know. If it's not allowed here, than I understand, BUT...

Then I received a negative reputation for the same thread saying "FUCK OFF". The negative rep doesn't bother me, but the language surely does. I'd like the DP mods to remove that comment and leave infractions to that guy. This is a place of business, not a playground.

BinderGang, Jun 19, 2007 IP
  2. BLaZeR

BLaZeR Peon

Best Answers:
    Don't forget the feminine men or the homosexuals.

BLaZeR, Jun 19, 2007 IP
  3. sri

sri Active Member

Best Answers:
    I noticed that posts where you write like "I am busy now..have such and such work, I'll be back after 5 hours and take care of pending PMs" receive infractions for bumping.

sri, Jun 19, 2007 IP
  4. inworx

inworx Peon

Best Answers:

Yes, the pic is priceless, its free :p

inworx, Jun 20, 2007 IP
  5. SedNaX

SedNaX Active Member

Best Answers:
    you get an infraction for posts that are useless, 'will be back in 5 hours to answer pm's' is a post that doesn't contribute to business. Do you also post when you have to take a leak? Nobody will miss you here :)

Well actually i must say that if you update auction info, like end date or BIN, an infraction isn't appropriate, because you need to update it (seems clear to me :p) and can't edit your thread after 8 hours.

Maybe you (palsys) replies within that 8 hours.

SedNaX, Jun 20, 2007 IP
  6. Robert Allen

Robert Allen Peon

Best Answers:
    It means that he relys solely on digitalpoint for his sales, and without it, he will lose everything. Regardless of whether this is correct or not, it is a very powerful statement, and i have to agree with him, i rely on digitalpoint too these days.

Rob

Robert Allen, Jun 20, 2007 IP
  7. Crazy_Rob

Crazy_Rob I seen't it!

Best Answers:
    Therefore, you make a concerted effort to follow all of the rules. Right?

Crazy_Rob, Jun 20, 2007 IP
  8. SedNaX

SedNaX Active Member

Best Answers:
    that was what i am thinking.... be extra carefull if 100% of your income is from DP (which is not really smart btw)

SedNaX, Jun 20, 2007 IP
  9. PalSys

PalSys palsys.io

Best Answers:
    I never said that DP served as a platform for my only source of income, it in fact serves as a platform for less then 10% of my total income. On the other hand, it does represent a good percentage of my site and domain sales below $1000, and that 10% is still 10%.

Regardless, I didn't expect much understanding or maturity here. The fact is, no matter how many times you make a point to deliberately misconstrue my words, using the powers of moderation to leave an infraction with the tag line 'Wahhhhhhhh' or 'FUCK OFF' is ridiculous and should be below any one of us.

These comments are not directed at anyone in particular, because of course, I have no idea who gave me 6 infractions in 15 minutes - the mods get to remain anonymous. It's not the end of the world, it doesn't affect me or my income stream, but it is an unneeded kick in the face to a loyal and rule abiding member. That fact remains true no matter how many 'wahhs' or Photoshopped pictures people respond with.

PalSys, Jun 20, 2007 IP
    livingearth likes this.
  10. GuyFromChicago

GuyFromChicago Permanent Peon

Best Answers:
    The answer to that would be no one. You never received 6 infractions in a 15 minute period. Never even received 6 in the same day.

Mods don't get involved in memeber disputes or member reputation issues.

GuyFromChicago, Jun 20, 2007 IP
  11. Gnet

Gnet Peon

Best Answers:

Well if its not your main stream of income then take it easy like the rest of us, no one here is that serious to write 3 paragraphs explaining how the "system is flawed".

No one here really cares about these things, the fact that you are talking about it and want "justice" shows that you do care about being at dp...

P.S

I just did the screen shot, the photoshopping idea was mary's and was done by katy (thanks!) haha :D

Gnet, Jun 20, 2007 IP
  12. PalSys

PalSys palsys.io

Best Answers:
    @ gnet

You used quotes on "system is flawed" and "justice" and I didn't use either term. I don't think the system is flawed, I think a mod had a bad day or had a beef with me that I wasn't aware of. And, while I have no interest in justice in this case (what would that even entail?), I wouldn't mind seeing the infractions removed.

And I type fast, three paragraphs just roll off my fingers :) I'm always a little surprised myself when I see the rants I come up with. :D

Well I did :D It looks like two were removed, which I appreciate. Thanks to whoever took that step!

PalSys, Jun 20, 2007 IP
  13. GuyFromChicago

Best Answers:
    Not sure what you're looking at. You've never received 6 infractions in the same day and there has only been one reversal.

14. Gnet

Gnet Peon

Best Answers:

mmm yea see what i meant by "no one cares" lol i didnt even read all of that! :D

Oh and mods here are impartial they don't make decisions based of what they are going through or feeling.

See ^^

Gnet, Jun 20, 2007 IP
  15. BinderGang

Best Answers:
    There is no member dispute. Someone left me bad reputation with the words FUCK OFF for no reason. No transactions have been made, I have been talking to absolutely no one.

I received a negative reputation with the words FUCK OFF around the same time I received two infractions on the same post.

BinderGang, Jun 20, 2007 IP
  16. GuyFromChicago

Best Answers:
    LIke I said, mods don't get involved in memeber disputes or member reputation issues.

Must have been a great post:)

17. PalSys

PalSys palsys.io

Best Answers:
    Reputation is a whole other story, but the fact that the member who leaves negative also receives a -1 themselves seems to keep that system in check.

For the record, if the issue with these mass infractions is simply that mods are overworked and unable to take the time they'd like to sort through potential infractions, I'm sure many members in good standing here would volunteer, including myself. I'm sure there are some private requirements and such for a mod position, but if you guys are overworked, I'm more then willing to donate my time to this community.

PalSys, Jun 20, 2007 IP
  18. GuyFromChicago

Best Answers:

There are no mass infractions. I bet less than 1% of posts here get infractions. If you received an infraction I can almost guarantee it's because another member reported your post.

If a mistake is made relating to an infraction it gets reversed when it's brought to the mods attention.

PalSys likes this.
  19. PalSys

PalSys palsys.io

Best Answers:
    I meant multiple infractions rather then mass, my apologies for the wording. There's another thread in this forum with users discussing the system as a whole and worrying in general about multiple infractions being given on posts that did have some merit, etc. I'm not trying to take away from what the current mods do; I've been here a while and have had nothing but positive experiences. I've dealt personally with a few mods and found them to be helpful and professional at all times (the mods that I know are mods anyway :D ) But overworked is overworked, and it's a thankless job, that's for sure.

Anyway, just my two cents. I'm back down to only 5 infraction points so I don't want to rock the boat! :eek:

PalSys, Jun 20, 2007 IP
  20. BinderGang

Best Answers:
    Actually, it was. It was a post about the sale of my 3 letter .com in which I was simply updating the current offers and the new BIN price. This update of my sale brought me 2 infractions and a fuck off negative reputation.

Take a look before you type.

BinderGang, Jun 20, 2007 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.