1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

My board is almost worth "$10,000." Is it good to

Discussion in 'Forum Management' started by YourSiteKindaBlows, Jun 19, 2007.

Is it good to do a revenue sharing hack to give back to those who have helped with everything.

What is your opinion of revenue sharing?

How do you feel about giving away cash?

Since my board is almost worth 10k, I'd figure I'd use it to market it even more or should I wait til it is worth more?

What do you think?

YourSiteKindaBlows, Jun 19, 2007 IP
  2. Fewleftstanding

Fewleftstanding Peon

Best Answers:
    How is it worth $10,000?

If it got appraised at a site such as leapfish or whatever, don't get your hopes up. Your site is worth whatever someone will pay you for it, or whatever you are willing to sell it for.

Fewleftstanding, Jun 19, 2007 IP
  3. YourSiteKindaBlows

YourSiteKindaBlows Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, my site is worth whatever someone will pay for it or whatever I am willing to sell it for. Someone thinks my site is worth $10,000. Was there even a reason for you to post? Probably not.

Well according to a site, it is worth a certain amount that I'm going to use for marketing purposes to increase the stature of my board, membership, and a few others things.

As far as how credible the appraisal is, I'm not concerned with that. Why?

Well, I can prove that somewhere, someone has appraised my board at $10,000 grand. I can present factual evidence on this. Despite what others may think, it is irrelevant cause they have no choice but to go with what they know.

And they'll know my board is worth $10K.

Of course, I'm not going to list that someone thinks my board is worth a small amount of money...it would be retarded from a marketing stand point.

You get it?

Now, how do you feel about Adsense Revenue sharing?

Thanks for answering my questions.

YourSiteKindaBlows, Jun 19, 2007 IP
  4. Fewleftstanding

Fewleftstanding Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't think you have grasped the concept of revenue sharing with Google Adsense. You install a revenue sharing mod, and then it shows ads using your adsense pub-id half the time (or whatever % you set it at), and then the rest of the time it shows adsense ads using your members pub-ids. That's pretty much it works on DP. The more you post, the more impressions your ad will get.

I hope that answers your question.

Fewleftstanding, Jun 20, 2007 IP
  5. sweetfunny

sweetfunny Banned

Best Answers:
    Since you are talking dollar figures, you have to look at your boards revenue if you are running Adsense.

Are you prepared to cut that by 50% (or whatever proportion you set the share to) in exchange for possibly more members and posting activity?

Nobody can predict how many extra members/posts installing the hack will bring per month. It does depend on the board, a webmaster board will have more participants as they tend to have existing Adsense accounts, where a board for womens knitting won't have much effect as they arn't the kind of user to understand how to set-up and manage an Adsense account.

I'd trial it for a few months, tweak the percentage share to suit both you and the members and see how it goes.

It's simple to remove the hack, but hard to predict the benefit it may have. ;)

sweetfunny, Jun 20, 2007 IP
  6. YourSiteKindaBlows

YourSiteKindaBlows Peon

Best Answers:
    Cool thanks. I'd be looking at sharing 50% of earnings.
    Granted I won't make as much, but with enough impressions and activity, I know I'll make cash.

Thanks for the input.

YourSiteKindaBlows, Jun 20, 2007 IP
  7. Mage

Mage Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    He had every reason to post.

All because someone thinks your site is worth an amount doesn't mean jack shit, it could be worth a lot more or a lot less. And what do you mean 'factual evidence'? That doesn't make any sense, because someones opinion is neither factual nor evidence of anything. And '$10,000 grand'? So ten thousand thousands? Jeez...

None of this had any relevance whatsoever to your question about Adsense revenue sharing. Furthermore, you sound like an immature turd. But then you would expect that from someone called 'YourSiteKindaBlows'. Grow up FFS.

Mage, Jun 20, 2007 IP
    Fewleftstanding and Qryztufre like this.
  8. YourSiteKindaBlows

YourSiteKindaBlows Peon

Best Answers:

Aside from acknowledging that my excellent marketing skills are beyond yours, here is a reasonable inference that can be made when my site got appraised at $10k.
    Since someone thinks my site is worth 10k and I can show that they think it is 10k, it is a fact that someone thinks my site is worth $10k.

I said I can present factual evidence of this.

This is where I tell yo to STFU and get a dictionary and learn language, marketing and word manipulation along with basic sentence structure. In short, get an education please.

Here is Merriam-Webster's definition of fact.

1 : a thing done:

Here is the definition for factual as in the manner I've utilized it:

factual
    1 : of or relating to facts

Here is Merriam-Webster's definition of evidence:

1 a : an outward sign

Now, where have I done something wrong? Where have I lied?
    If I were in your position and thankfully I am not, I'd read over everything I just posted here and learn from it. But since you can't learn, I'm going to show you. I am correct in what I have stated because the language is always vague and it's something that one must always pay attention to. I'm using my knowledge to sell and language manipulation is one of my specialties. Learn from me, go ahead, I'd recommend it.

Now, one thing you should not do is to commit "ad hominem" attacks. I'm going to presuppose you don't know what "ad hominem means," so I'll explain it to you.

"Ad hominem" means you attack the source of the argument rather than the argument itself and of course, it is an error in reasoning. You attack me because that is all you know how to do and don't know nothing else. I pity you.
    Source for definition of "ad hominem."
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem

You tell me to grow up, holy moly, read over what you posted, read how I proved myself correct beyond a reasonable doubt with factual evidence and then think about your insults to me.

And I said to some other person

Was there even a reason for you to post except to have me highlight your stupidity?

I'd also recommend reading the Rich Jerk. bye:)

9. Mage

Mage Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes I know what 'ad hominem' means and bravo, you know too. I also know what 'tu quoque', 'straw person', 'slippery slope' and 'flaw of causation' arguments are as well, what I don't know is how this has any relevancy to this thread or my post.

What a foolish thing to say. Neither of us know anything about the marketing skills of each other, so to pass off a judgement based on, well, nothing, indicates just how much of a foolish person you are. I criticised your post because you sounded arrogant and patronising, and you have once again proved this.

Mage, Jun 20, 2007 IP
  10. YourSiteKindaBlows

YourSiteKindaBlows Peon

Best Answers:
    You should have stopped here.

????? C+ at best.

<----See the ad hominem???

Now, go play on another thread please.

11. Mage

Mage Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You are a fool.

Mage, Jun 20, 2007 IP
  12. eric8476

eric8476 Active Member

Best Answers:
    if you attack the argument itself then it doesn't matter what you are talking about you just want to better at the arguing. When you attack the source of the argument we hope that you are looking for a correct resolution about the content/subject with what the content/subject is trying to mean. I gonna step out now and lets you guys get back at it.

eric8476, Jun 20, 2007 IP