1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Where do you sell articles/content?

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by zac439, Apr 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jmousseau

jmousseau Banned

Best Answers:
    I have had other friends who dislike Constant Content as well, they are extremely rude and unprofessional - I will not associate with them and rather make money somewhere else.

PS. There was no way to bypass full rights, etc. I emailed Customer Service several times and never got a response, and NEVER EVER received any email until I threatened to sue for the payment of the article that was purchased and money was never sent. If I would have had a good customer service experience and my questions were answered, none of this would have happened, my account wouldn't be suspended and I would enjoy Constant Content. Maybe take that 35% you take and pay employees to answer emails.

jmousseau, Jun 15, 2007 IP
  2. DeniseJ

DeniseJ Live, Laugh, Love

Best Answers:
    I've used Constant Content a few times in the past for articles that didn't pan out elsewhere. I have never experienced any problems with them whatsoever.

Jmousseau, I'm not sure what you mean when you say that there is no way to bypass full rights. If I understand you correctly, you're saying you have to include a full rights price - that's not true.

You enter "0" for the full rights price and customers will know the article isn't being sold exclusively. It mentions that in several places on the website, FYI.

DeniseJ, Jun 15, 2007 IP
  3. ConstantContent

ConstantContent Banned

Best Answers:
    I will restate my last comment since you choose to ignore my posts like our emails. Your account was suspended for submitting articles asking exclusive and fullrights price when the articles were previously published on Associate Content.

If you read our guidelines, follow our rules, and are a excellent writer you will not have any issues.

ConstantContent, Jun 15, 2007 IP
  4. jhmattern

jhmattern Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Look, if you're an "excellent writer," you'll make far more if you take the time to market your work effectively on your own anyway. So if you don't like them, don't use them. Just move on and keep writing and marketing your work. It sounds like it was just a misunderstanding about being able to post pieces without having to offer an exclusive rights option... not something to stay worked up over. Just write, write, write, and let them keep doing what they do too, and everyone will be much happier. :)

jhmattern, Jun 15, 2007 IP
  5. ConstantContent

ConstantContent Banned

Best Answers:
    This is correct... At Constant Content we take a cut, only because we know the market and we advertise for people looking for great content. Many of our writers enjoy not having to worry about marketing themselves, and focus on writing which is what they are good at. We market our writers as well as our site, our 35% goes towards advertising, paying affiliates, and finding content partners.

Lets face it not every writer is good at marketing themselves, or wants to spend thousands of dollars adverting on large sites that may not guarantee a return. Where we help, is we take a cut from all the articles sold and use that money to market our writers... We can afford to spend thousands of dollars to advertise on a site where your average freelance writer could not afford.

Like I said CC is not for everyone.

6. jmousseau

jmousseau Banned

Best Answers:
    It was a misunderstanding, they were sold to AC because they suspended my account BEFORE they were sold elsewhere, that's where they are in the wrong and I'm not....I wanted to sell the articles somewhere and since my account was suspended I thought everything on my account was void, thus AC purchased the articles.

Emails were never IGNORED, they weren't received. Not my problem there either.

7. jhmattern

Best Answers:
    You can make a great deal of money writing without spending thousands of dollars advertising. You can do it without spending a dime actually. ;) But I do understand your business model. I think it's foolish for a writer with marketing knowledge to affiliate with a site like that rather than marketing independently. But I do know not all writers know how to market their work, and your type of service is obviously beneficial to them, or you wouldn't be in business. :) My point is that at this point it doesn't really matter what the misunderstanding was from the complaint here. If it wasn't dealt with to make the writer happy by this point, it never will be, and they'll be happier if they just forget about it and move on independently. :)

8. ConstantContent

ConstantContent Banned

Best Answers:
    That is just not true... We don't suspend a accounts for no reason. We have dates the articles were submitted and dates the articles were published on AC. We also have records of our editors sending emails. I will also add we have worked with AC to suspend accounts on both ends if we feel the writer is "double dipping". We have a good relationship with AC for these reasons, but in many cases we assume the writer just made a mistake. If they do not respond to our rejection emails we suspend the account, if they post article (asking unique or full rights) on AC after posting on CC we will contact AC for dual suspension. Sorry it didn’t work out, but CC is justified and that is the reason for these posts.

Sorry this thread has gotten so of topic, but I feel I should defend Constant Content and our decisions.

9. ConstantContent

ConstantContent Banned

Best Answers:
    Of course you can and that wasn't my point... I was simply stating what we do. But this "misunderstanding" is a big deal for me, as I persoanlly spend a lot of time making sure writers AND customers understand the site. To have a writer say we are "rude" and our "Customer Service doesn't answer emails" is an insult. If you had a customer saying the same about your work i'm sure you wouldn't just "move on". You would want to set the record straight, wouldn't you?

10. jhmattern

Best Answers:
    I'd set it straight once, and offer any backing I had. Then I'd let it go rather than adding more fuel to the fire. The sooner "bad press" quiets down, the better. It's pretty clear it's not a general site-wide problem of yours, and that it was an issue with one customer and not necessarily the norm. Just don't let every little complaint wear on you too much. Focus on making your other customers happy, and making ones who do complain happy again when possible.... but it's not always going to be possible.

11. ConstantContent

ConstantContent Banned

Best Answers:
    See I don't see this as bad press... if anything it shows we have the customers in mind by watching out for this kind of thing.

12. jmousseau

jmousseau Banned

Best Answers:
    Simply put, everything you say is to redeem yourself now. No emails were ever sent in return, in fact I had other people that have accounts on your site, send customer service emails to see if you would reply and you always answered their questions. The only time I ever got a response was 1. I sold a article 2. After I threatened legal action --- that's no good.

Best of luck.

13. ConstantContent

ConstantContent Banned

Best Answers:
    So you never received the 5 rejection emails, where your articles were rejected and then your account was suspended? Then you threaten legal action for $6.50 out of the blue... the legal action email is not what made us paid you. A writer has to meet the $50 payment threshold to be paid or simply email us and ask for a withdrawal. Again threatening legal action for $6.50 was not the reason you were paid. You were paid because you asked to be paid...

MaryMary likes this.
  14. thackeragency

thackeragency Peon

Best Answers:
    Are there any circumstances where you can submit an article to more than one site for sale? I am certain that 'exclusive rights' projects would not be eligible for multiple sites, but if you don't offer 'exclusive rights', could you sell the same article to many different content sites?

I'm a pretty good writer, and would love to supplement my income. Thank you for the information.

thackeragency, Jun 16, 2007 IP
  15. ConstantContent

ConstantContent Banned

Best Answers:
    thackeragency - if your question is about Constant Content, please email our support. I think this thread has gone enough off topic as it is. Feel free to ask you question here:

http://www.constant-content.com/area/contact.htm

Someone will get back to you ASAP.

ConstantContent, Jun 16, 2007 IP
  16. enigmatic9

enigmatic9 Peon

Best Answers:
    Networking is a must if you wish to work as a freelancer. Sites like constant content help you to market your work if you are a beginner.

But at some point you are bound to realize that to get in the big league you will need to be at the right place at the right time and meeting the right person.

Constantly improvise on you work and don’t hesitate to diversify (fiction, non fiction) if you wish to multiply your income.
    If you have any further queries the onus of guiding you is on the senior members of the forum.

enigmatic9, Jun 18, 2007 IP
    omshanti likes this.
  17. omshanti

omshanti Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with enigmatic9 very much. These sites help you brand your self.

omshanti, Jun 18, 2007 IP
  18. zelv

zelv Peon

Best Answers:
    so... where can we sell our articles?
    websites where we upload our articles and just wait for offers?
    thanks

zelv, May 7, 2008 IP
  19. jhmattern

Best Answers:
    Your last post was removed b/c it was bumping an old thread to ask a question you should have asked in a new thread. So please start a new thread to discuss the specific types of sites you were asking about before. ;)

jhmattern, May 7, 2008 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.