1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is the digital community going downhill because of teenagers with laptops?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mcfox, Jun 15, 2007.

1. Kerosene

Kerosene Alpha & Omega™ Staff

Best Answers:
    Well I don't personally take advantage of them.

But where is the line?

Standing in front of McDonalds telling fatso to eat a salad?
    Telling some nitwit not to buy anti ageing cream?
    Telling people not to click our web ads because the tag line may not be accurate?

Me too. I'm just sick of being expected to 'baby' the idiots :)
    When I get my car serviced, I have no idea what's going on - if I'm stupid enough to get ripped off without smelling a rat, then I deserve it.

Kerosene, Jun 15, 2007 IP
  2. Jim Guinn

Jim Guinn Peon

Best Answers:
    Oh, this could be a whole thread in itself.....and a funny one....

hair growth
    infomercials
    penis enlargers

Jim

Jim Guinn, Jun 15, 2007 IP
  3. w3bmaster

w3bmaster Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Myspace
    HI5
    Messenger
    This are the black list of teenage stupidity online

w3bmaster, Jun 15, 2007 IP
  4. Vadym

Vadym Peon

Best Answers:
    I'd have to say that if they're dumb enough to let go of their money for something stupid, they dont deserve to handle that money. Maybe the guy selling penis enlragers will invest that money a little better. :)

Vadym, Jun 15, 2007 IP
  5. Downtime

Downtime Peon

Best Answers:
    Flooding the business market? Maybe the scamming market, but not my market. I run a college entertainment website that gets 1-2 million uniques a month; the more people I get generating page views the more money in my pocket.

Downtime, Jun 15, 2007 IP
  6. mcfox

mcfox Wind Maker

Best Answers:
    Please note the questionmark - it means it was a question, not a statement. :)

Yes, it's getting worse and worse without a doubt.

I totally agree.

I think it's probably attitudes like that giving teenagers a bad name, not a question I asked. ;)

mcfox, Jun 15, 2007 IP
  7. KLB

KLB Peon

Best Answers:
    Exactly, people just keep getting ruder, more demanding and less considerate of others. The isolation and anonymity of our cars, computers and overall lifestyle separate people from the consequences of their actions. People are much less likely to be rude if the have to suffer the consequences of their being rude.

Just the other day I was at the grocery store and some jerk had parked their car in the reserved spot between two handicap parking spaces. As a result the owner of a wheelchair accessible van that was parked in one of the handicap spots was unable to get back into their van. The a store person kept trying to page the owner of the illegally parked car over the store's PA system to no avail. Someone finally had to drive the van out of the parking spot so that the ramp could be lowered for the owner. If I had been able to take a picture of it and post the offending car on the Internet and send it to our local newspaper I would have.

KLB, Jun 15, 2007 IP
  8. DeniseJ

DeniseJ Live, Laugh, Love

Best Answers:
    Agreed. It's not just teenagers who are rude and inconsiderate. I have seen many cases where adults are just as inconsiderate of others.

KLB's example is a perfect illustration of how society has become full of jerks who don't care about anyone but themselves. That isn't a teenage problem - it's a people problem. Age doesn't always play a factor.

DeniseJ, Jun 15, 2007 IP
  9. Vadym

Vadym Peon

Best Answers:
    For every teenager believing that, there's about 50 adults doing the scams. So if teenagers are immature, what does that make adults?

Vadym, Jun 15, 2007 IP
  10. mcfox

mcfox Wind Maker

Best Answers:
    Agreed also.

The reason I specifically asked about teenagers is because they are probably the largest growing demographic and more likely to find their way about the internet precisely because they have a little knowledge.

Wheesht, child. ;)

mcfox, Jun 15, 2007 IP
  11. rochow

rochow Notable Member

Best Answers:
    rochow, Jun 15, 2007 IP
  12. mcfox

mcfox Wind Maker

Best Answers:
    Worst thing they ever did was taking the belt out of school, imo. Now it isn't so much about what is right and what is wrong but about what you can get away with.

mcfox, Jun 16, 2007 IP
  13. rochow

rochow Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I think it's actually illegal now to even discipline your child physically at home.

Yes, because reasoning with children works oh so well... :rolleyes:

rochow, Jun 16, 2007 IP
  14. DeniseJ

DeniseJ Live, Laugh, Love

Best Answers:
    Yes, because beating them has been proven time and again to be an effective method... :rolleyes:

DeniseJ, Jun 16, 2007 IP
  15. Bebicul

Bebicul Writer

Best Answers:
    I received a slap on my ass from time to time when I was ok and I am just fine.
    Now I see people just ignoring their kids screaming on the street or in the store. Ok, you can't hit him, but at least shut him up somehow. I would hit the parent. I don't know what the law says about that :D
    Oh, and make sure that, if your kid hurts himself playing, you have some kind of evidence(videotape him or ask him for something in writing right away), because his teachers could send the cops after you.

edit: Thanks, Mom and Dad, for a good education! ;)

Bebicul, Jun 16, 2007 IP
  16. future

future Banned

Best Answers:
    ya its right, more teanagers are getting in this computer jobs, the main reason is computer and internet and website attract teenager the most. and teenager are success ful too, i know a 15 year guy who sell his website in 30000$.

future, Jun 16, 2007 IP
  17. rochow

rochow Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It has :D;):)

rochow, Jun 16, 2007 IP
  18. Thiagoo

Thiagoo Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm 18 and i used internet since i was 10 but for me, internet is a synonym of money, not fun :p

And those stupid teenager surely makes me money :D

I already made enoght money that i can pay my own computer science degree lol, thanks to the stupid teenagers!

On the internet you just gotta be money-wise and you will have alot. People are stupid, a 40 year old get $1000 bucks a month and use it traveling and then complain that i make more money than him... and i'm 18, ofc i invest 100% of what i get.

Belive me, beeing a teenager that is money-wise means that you will be millionarie before the 30's, by some math that i did, if i keep going the way that i've always been, on 27 i will be millionarie.

Kmon, i don't wanna work until 50's to get retired. I wanna watch people working for me while i get $$$ on this age and looking at me as an example for the future generations, not a looser that can't even pay his bills because he never cared about his future.

What makes me think this way is that my dad and my mom never bought what i wanted, those teenagers always have what they want, why would they work their ass off to buy something? They just spend the money of their parents :)

And the digital community will go better, teenagers spending more money with internet and stuff means more investments by the owners of it :p

Thiagoo, Jun 16, 2007 IP