1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Proof That Google Doesn't Ban Adsense Publishers Blindly

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by tolkein, Jun 14, 2007.

I've often read on blogs and various forums about how Adsense publishers get banned without warning and how attempts to clarify with the Google Adsense team fall on deaf ears.

Well, I had my first run-in in 2 years after putting Google ads on a page/URL that contained a "Google Brand" (wasn't aware there was such a policy) and my experience was different from what I've read.

Google actually advised me about the violation without banning my account and politely replied my email within 24 hours.

Read more - Google Not Trigger-Happy With Banning Publishers

tolkein, Jun 14, 2007 IP
  2. allout

allout Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I agree, I just posted a thread last week about some invalid clicks on my account. Google replied to my email quickly and did not ban me, they just adjusted the payment. This was fair because I do not want to cheat honest advertisers when someone click bombed me. It restored my faith in Google and makes me wonder about those who claim to be banned for no reason and no fault of their own.

Glad Google worked well with you too!

allout, Jun 14, 2007 IP
  3. semantics

semantics Banned

Best Answers:
    ive gotten one of those too when i blended my ads a little too creatively =D

semantics, Jun 14, 2007 IP
  4. lfcfan

lfcfan Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, I agree. I had some invalid clicks at the beginning and I immediately reported it to google. Until I got my first check I was bit afraid, but now I have got 2 checks from adsense and have no problem:)

lfcfan, Jun 14, 2007 IP
  5. oseymour

oseymour Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have many sites and I am always tweaking and I do about an accidental click per month...I always notify them via email....this month i got a response saying that I don't have to email them every time I make an accidental click, it is automatically detected and adjusted...but i think ill email them anyway...and i am not a big publisher...about 10 dollars a day...

oseymour, Jun 14, 2007 IP
  6. maldives

maldives Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    They do ban lots of innocent webmasters.

maldives, Jun 14, 2007 IP
  7. che_guevara

che_guevara Peon

Best Answers:
    after read all your psoting above ,could be i must carefully for the invalid click ..

che_guevara, Jun 14, 2007 IP
  8. Burta

Burta Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    They gave me the heads up about an infringement of their policies on one of my sites and they were very understanding and just asked me to change the setup to which I obliged. No dramas, no issues, just good customer service as far as I was concerned.

Burta, Jun 15, 2007 IP
  9. dream274

dream274 Peon

Best Answers:
    seems like theres plenty of stories from both sides...

dream274, Jun 15, 2007 IP
  10. getfaisal

getfaisal Peon

Best Answers:
    i also agree that google don't bann publisher without strong reason. i also got warning mail because of submitting my site url for auto search engine which is against the TOS

getfaisal, Jun 15, 2007 IP
  11. nick-a

nick-a Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think recently, google have been much more helpful and generally responsive than they were say 3 months ago. Maybe they're worried about publishers jumping to YPN and MSN, who knows, but they've definitely improved quite a lot.

nick-a, Jun 15, 2007 IP
  12. Uncle Leroy

Uncle Leroy Peon

Best Answers:
    My Mother was banned from Google, now she cant even go into Walmart!

WTF!

Uncle Leroy, Jun 15, 2007 IP
  13. kingofbigmac

kingofbigmac Banned

Best Answers:
    I got 2 warnings that weren't my fault and one they stopped giving me money from one site.

kingofbigmac, Jun 15, 2007 IP
  14. qwestcommunications

qwestcommunications Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Thats how it should be. There are people whose livelihoods could dpend on the internet,a nd it will be a great shame oif they had their accounts banned because of some jealous freaks or some unitended attacks by bots.

qwestcommunications, Jun 15, 2007 IP
  15. liamvictor

liamvictor Peon

Best Answers:
    I had a site bombed with bots and Google told me about the invalid clicks, it was phrased somewhat aggressively, but once I entered into discussion with them about it, they were very helpful.

I've made clicks myself and informed them, and again they've been helpful in each case. Similarly when I've pushed the limits of blending, they've told me what I can and can't do.

I see a lot of "Google banned me for no reason" messages, but when you go and look at the sites they are MFA with lots of duplicate content, obvious link selling/exchanges and probably dubious traffic sources. I'm sure Google do ban clean sites all the time, but in my experience those I've looked at here and elsewhere have been far from clean.

liamvictor, Jun 15, 2007 IP
  16. 0123go

0123go Peon

Best Answers:
    I think you are angry on adsense too much.I'm not hearing any one to ask this that I'm innocent and they ban me.

0123go, Jun 15, 2007 IP
  17. gio

gio Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i totally agree. i had an email before from adsense they warned be about invalid clicks which was easily resolved.

gio, Jun 15, 2007 IP
  18. totalmasala

totalmasala Banned

Best Answers:
    hmm! you must be very lucky......most people get their account banned but its nice move from google to give Advice to publishers!

totalmasala, Jun 15, 2007 IP
  19. login

login Notable Member

Best Answers:
    How many web masters that are banned do you know personally that you can guarantee did nothing wrong. I bet you dont know even one.

login, Jun 15, 2007 IP
  20. Sphinks

Sphinks Active Member

Best Answers:
    I agree. I even had my account suspended, but after I emailed them and explain the situation they opened the account again. And they didn't even took my money I've earned in that period they suspected invalid clicks!

Sphinks, Jun 15, 2007 IP