1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Made a Change, Got 50 More Clicks, but...

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by Rennix, Jun 13, 2007.

Hello,

I have moved 468x60 block to a different place on a page and from that one change, I have started getting more click on this block. Previously, it was not getting any clicks at all, now it gets around 50 clicks a day.

But AdSense does not seem to want to count these clicks. It shows only 3 clicks. All other channels are tracking properly. What do you guys think is going on here?

Thanks.

Rennix, Jun 13, 2007 IP
  2. Realdeals228

Realdeals228 Active Member

Best Answers:
    How do you know how many clicks its getting? Also did you copy the code exactly or did you reset it up and perhaps forgot the channel code?

Realdeals228, Jun 13, 2007 IP
  3. bhopkins

bhopkins Banned

Best Answers:
    I'm assuming you have ruleed out the possiblity of the block showing community service ads?

bhopkins, Jun 13, 2007 IP
  4. Rennix

Rennix Peon

Best Answers:
    Bhopkins,

It shows the same relevant ads it used to show when it was positioned differently on the same page and was getting no clicks. The only change I have made was to move it to a different spot on the same page.

Rennix, Jun 13, 2007 IP
  5. zodiac

zodiac Peon

Best Answers:
    you got 3 clicks,not 50.
    you wouldn't know that you got 50,unless you know the people that did the clicking.

zodiac, Jun 13, 2007 IP
  6. Rennix

Rennix Peon

Best Answers:
    I have been using Mybloglog’s tracking service in addition to Google’s tracking. It shows how many clicks each ad gets in a day and where the clicks where made. How do I know if it is accurate? I don’t, but… the clicks for other ad blocks 160x600, 336x280, and 728x90 match up with what AdSense is showing.

In addition, before I have moved the 468x60 block, Mybloglog’s tracking was showing no clicks, which was consistent with what AdSense was showing. Now for 468x60, it shows on average 50 clicks a day (sometimes more), but AdSense shows only several clicks.

I have checked the channel code. It is in there.

Rennix, Jun 13, 2007 IP
  7. Rennix

Rennix Peon

Best Answers:
    See my reply to Realdeals228. Mybloglog shows how many clicks you get, on what ads, and from where (exact page, category, home page, etc).

Rennix, Jun 13, 2007 IP
  8. yangyang

yangyang Banned

Best Answers:
    I don't use Mybloglog, but does it reveal more info about those clicks other than just the number for further analysis?

yangyang, Jun 13, 2007 IP
  9. Rennix

Rennix Peon

Best Answers:
    It is similar to other tracking services. It shows where the visitors came from, what they viewed and where they clicked. Nothing special about that, Google’s tracking is a lot more detailed and comprehensive.

I just like to use it in addition to Google’s tracking because it gives a nice and quick view in real time of what’s going with the site. Plus, it tracks ads by default. I didn’t have to configure anything, not just Google’s ads, any ads on the site.

As for revealing more about the clicks, I don’t think it does. You can see that for example, 160x600 was clicked on 200 times today and on what pages these clicks where made. It does show which individual ads in a given block were clicked.

Rennix, Jun 13, 2007 IP
  10. totalmasala

totalmasala Banned

Best Answers:
    i don't think google adsense's stat can be wrong!

totalmasala, Jun 13, 2007 IP
  11. yangyang

yangyang Banned

Best Answers:

Not any info about the clickers? If it does, then it will be easier for you to figure out why Google has neglected so many clicks.

yangyang, Jun 13, 2007 IP