1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Who is making under $5 a day with Adsense?

Discussion in 'Reporting & Stats' started by moneymakingguru, May 5, 2007.

?

What is your Average Earnings per day with Adsense?

1. Under $1

266 vote(s)
    50.8%
  2. Under $2

89 vote(s)
    17.0%
  3. Under $3

55 vote(s)
    10.5%
  4. Under $4

34 vote(s)
    6.5%
  5. Under $5

80 vote(s)
    15.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moneymakingguru

moneymakingguru Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I m glad that you like what is on this thread.

For this site, I think you need a lot of work.. IT is almost 90% a MFA site.
    And the layout is simply too untidy and non-professional. And you dun give any directions to your visitors at all, I was totally lost in your page.

My advice is to get a webdesigner to get you a template, or make your own or buy pre made.

Get that sorted then, get back to this thread.

moneymakingguru, Jun 11, 2007 IP
    Schappster likes this.
  2. moneymakingguru

Best Answers:
    What kind of traffic are you getting to give you 5000 a day?

It depends on if they are targetted trafific in order to help you, Jack.

your template is to me, not very appealing to me. And the idea is to make someone feel that they have come to a very special place. and very fun, very "stayable", i dun get this feeling from your site.

The ads are so obvious that they are not very welcomed by the visitors.

I find it hard to give you any suggestions, other than redesign it with a new template.

Not asking you to copy the template... i will requesting you to take references from some of the arcade sites, that you can find on this entire thread..

learn from their designs. And the ad layout.. especially Mr Websites. ..

Hope this helps.

3. moneymakingguru

Best Answers:
    Hi Lisa
    No offence, just my humble opinions.

i) myrollercoasterkid.com, template and CSS formats is a big turnoff to adsense clicks, i beleaf. I think your site is very 1990s.. maybe you can redesign it a little, just to make it 2007.. and adsense-fied for the clicks.
    things that desperately need change is the fonts.. Blue fonts is hard to read. And if you look at professional sites they do not use blue fonts on white background. Plus your site is like a self help, advice site, you should be able to protray a much more professional feel so that you readers will be slightly impressed and gives you much more credibility.

As for the ads, only a 468 will not do you any good. incorporate a 336 at the right places will be. But 1st maybe if you can sort out a new template.

ii) emailhoaxesurbanlegends.com
    I dunno about you but i think the design is unique yet its not practical.
    the frame / scroll bar idea is not very ideal. Its nothing personal, but the design is not good for adsense.

Simple and easy to navigate templates are the best and safest for visitors retaining and income. Sort that out and the clicks will come naturally. I think your sites has got good contents and the PR is good, so spend some time thinking about redesigning them to be more simple and navigation friendly, then you will get the clicks naturally.

Update me if you plan to redesign them.. i will have another look at them and give you my adsense optimization tips later. Becos at the moment, i find it hard to help you with adsense tips.

4. moneymakingguru

Best Answers:
    I got this around the entire thread. So i hope people will see it here again. Regular readers, maybe you can help me by reminding people about this rule i have... Thanks.

Just a quick one to say I have decided to stop doing reviews for people who pm me. I will only do reviews for people who post here. And give me the right information. If you cannot bother to give me the right information, dun expect me to give you a review.

Your Name:
    URL:
    Unique visitors a day:
    Average earnings per day with Adsense:
    How much time a week do you have to spend on improving:

Go back and read my last message!

5. Saifen.Dad

Saifen.Dad Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm newbie and making about $4 USD every day. I hope I can make more in future.

Saifen.Dad, Jun 11, 2007 IP
  6. mikey1090

mikey1090 Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Hey again MMG

Heres some stats for the changed www.evsimpsons.com today

$1.44 so far, with an improved CTR of 2.06%

I will go looking for better templates now.

You advise 2 column, should i be specific in colors, hyperlink colors, text color etc?

mikey1090, Jun 11, 2007 IP
  7. moneymakingguru

Best Answers:
    I dun have a set of preferred colors.. just remember to be consistant with the entire website.... it helps. If you need help on choosing template and colors... just look at the big boys..... CNN.com etc....

They got the best readers retaining %tage... learn from them you will not go too far wrong..

Glad that a little change helps... :D

Allan

8. michellesabre

michellesabre Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey im new here and new to adsense, hope you can give me some pointers, thanks!

URL: http:// www. steelsabre .com ( for some reason i cant type in the whole URL )
    Unique visitors a day: 30-58
    Average earnings per day with Adsense: have not earned anything
    How much time a week do you have to spend on improving: 20+

michellesabre, Jun 11, 2007 IP
  9. Kaediem

Kaediem Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks, can you give me an example of what you see as being a 2007 looking site? I designed the sites myself so redesigning is not a big issue but if I'm going to do it, I'd like to get it right from the start.

Thanks for your opinion, at least I can change the color of the text right away :)

Lisa

Kaediem, Jun 11, 2007 IP
  10. moneymakingguru

Best Answers:
    These are just some of the examples, I might give you some examples, but that does not means i endorse these sites at all. Just that the look and feel of these sites, is clean, professional and very visitor enhanced.

http://web20.weblogsinc.com/
    http://www.techcrunch.com/ i think they can do better for the adsense placements though.
    http://www.onlineshoes.com/ the outlooks but not the template. e-commerce site...

I cannot find an exact one just like that for you to see.. unless i reveal my sites. But my sites are not ready for reveal yet... wait till they are PR 7.. I promise I will show you guys.

hehaehahe.. I am serious on the PR 7 anyway.

11. moneymakingguru

Best Answers:
    Any way you can centralise it?

Read my entire thread and you will understand why.. for instance just yesterday mike did a change, by centrallising the template, with the ads in the middle.. he made an improvement on CTR So there is a good reason for that.

Saying that, it does take a bit more traffic than your current one to see the improvement.

i) dunno if you can see but the background color and the adsense background color is not exactly the same.. sort that out.

ii) http://steelsabre.com/training-facts/beat-the-energy-crisis add another 336 just before the comments..

I think your template is pretty strong... and if you have more traffic, you should be fine with the layout. of cos after your centralising the template.

Let us know about the improvement.

Allan

12. profs77

profs77 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Your Name: Professor
    URL: http://www.funny-commercials.net
    Unique visitors a day: 500
    Average earnings per day with Adsense: $4.00
    How much time a week do you have to spend on improving: 40 hours

Thanks

profs77, Jun 11, 2007 IP
  13. moneymakingguru

Best Answers:
    I dun think that is your real name. Is it really that not possible to use your real name?

Anyway, your site is of similar type of site with Mike's take a look at his site, and learn a few trick from it.

BTW your current template is long and tall by the sidebars but rather empty on the middle column... not wise..

Allan

[​IMG]

Just a quick one to say I have decided to stop doing reviews for people who pm me. I will only do reviews for people who post here. And give me the right information. If you cannot bother to give me the right information, dun expect me to give you a review.

Your Name:
    URL:
    Unique visitors a day:

14. Schappster

Schappster Peon

Best Answers:
    hahah thank you sir here is the proper info!

Your Name: Jason Schapert
    URL: www.m0a.com
    Unique visitors a day: 50-60
    Average earnings per day with Adsense: .60-.85 cents
    How much time a week do you have to spend on improving: 8 hours

Thanks for your help!

Jason

Schappster, Jun 11, 2007 IP
  15. Kaediem

Kaediem Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hey Guru...

I just did a very quick redesign of the email hoaxes site emailhoaxesurbanlegends.com

Please tell me what you think - am I getting closer?

Lisa

Kaediem, Jun 11, 2007 IP
  16. moneymakingguru

Best Answers:
    Hi Jason,
    I think your site looks nice, but if its me, i will take away the right sidebar and make it into a 2 column template..

Narrow the width of the template... and everything should look nice and clean, tidy and most importantly focused. (easier for readers to read, that way you can actually indirectly tell your readers what to do on your page, without any verbal instructions.)

Now when you are done with the template. Do these:

i) incorporate a 336 into your main column, div tag it and blend it into the contents. it should double if not triple your CTR, from experience. (still depends on your traffic, under 100 unique a day, it is hard to set a benchmark.)

ii) remove the 468 ads. They usually dun do so well. I think if you can design a logo for your site, and put it across the header. Nothing too flashy, nothing too distractive, it should be a simple logo which someone will see and not look at it again (this is only if you want them to click on ads, if you want branding then you will want people to look at your logo longer).

iii) http://www.m0a.com/?p=56 I saw the ads... incorporated into the blog post. well done but, the font colors are a bit too flashy.... you want readers to know that the "contents" is there, yet you dun want them to see it as an obvious ads...

By putting it them above the fold, in the middle of the contents, is sufficient to allow readers to read the "contents" inside that ads block, there is no need for you to bring so much colors into them... just plain black for desc and url.. or if you want light grey.. i personally like to be same color as the paragraph contents. And the link, to be same color as the entire site's hyperlinks.

Hope you will benefit from these....

moneymakingguru, Jun 12, 2007 IP
  17. moneymakingguru

Best Answers:
    Ok Lisa, i think you did some good changes, but the fundamentals for website optimization is not there. This time i will not even go about talking about Adsense optimization.

Just my opinions. No offences whatsoever.

i) The logo simply makes it un-professional. If you read the entire thread you will find that my emphasis on the professional look is very demanding. And the reason is simple, credibility...

ii) The frame and scroll thing... do you have to have that? That is one thing which is very 1990s...

iii) look at Jason's site, that is a good example of what 2007 site is like.. take a few pointers from there.. and see how i respond to his site...

Come back again with a new design, and I will help you to get to good $$ for your site.

Allan

[​IMG]

Your Name:
    URL:
    Unique visitors a day:

18. sujit001

sujit001 Peon

Best Answers:
    sujit001, Jun 12, 2007 IP
  19. Padawan

Padawan Peon

Best Answers:
    moneymakingguru I would much appreciate your critical eye on one of my blogs -

Your Name: Lee
    URL: www.scamtypes.com
    Unique visitors a day: varies between 40 and 200, averaging 80
    Average earnings per day with Adsense: $1
    How much time a week do you have to spend on improving: as many hours as it takes

Padawan, Jun 12, 2007 IP
  20. moneymakingguru

Best Answers:
    Hi Lee,
    Yours is simple to correct. I like your template... clean and neat.. Just a few suggestions...

i) Give your entire site's hyperlink a new color, black is not good. A color which is close to blue, and can be differentiated from black.. then use that same color with ADsense link font.

ii) put the ads div tag to the left of the contents instead of right.. you should see a jump with your CTR.

iii) http://www.scamtypes.com/?p=145 put a 336 just b4 the comments section.

iv) change your logo so that the entire ads block is above the fold... That is hard to do but if you want to increase income, do that... that will increase your CTR by 10-25% alone. (depends on how targetted your traffic are and your ads..)

Please do change the settings accordingly and update us on the results. And do a self introduction via pm. Send me your resume if you can.

Padawan likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.