1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Copyscape results

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by sweetangel, May 21, 2007.

1. sonofsam

sonofsam Peon

Best Answers:
    I can vouch for this guys quality of service.

sonofsam, Jun 3, 2007 IP
  2. xdimension

xdimension Peon

Best Answers:
    How can we know this? Supposed the writer has 10 sources but he only shows 5, I think it only makes complicated when we're arguing with the writer just about the sources. For me it's enough when I got a non-plagiarized article which I test it myself through several tools.

Can't agree more, don't get any articles from automatic rewriter softwares or even buy those softwares, you really need human touch to create a natural articles.

xdimension, Jun 3, 2007 IP
  3. webmasterlabor.com

webmasterlabor.com Peon

Best Answers:
    My editors have devised a way to find key term patterns that shows the real sources. Our rule is "If you READ material but did not consciously use it--it is STILL a source and must be reported."

webmasterlabor.com, Jun 3, 2007 IP
  4. xdimension

xdimension Peon

Best Answers:
    Hmm... I don't know how you can do it, unless you have a database that contains all the pages of all websites on the net, even that like Google can't find a completely rewritten article/phrase or moreover something that is only taken the idea from.

xdimension, Jun 4, 2007 IP
  5. webmasterlabor.com

webmasterlabor.com Peon

Best Answers:
    It depends on the editor's training. Basically, if the sentence structure is unusual or if there's certain patterns in writing style. This triggers a red flag and my editors do term searches on Google and other sources to try to find if the sources match. This usually nails it. Regardless of whether you believe me or not, keep in mind that the original rights owner can still come after web publishers if they post completely rewritten but DERIVATIVE materials on their sites. That's why we're extra strict. US copyright law also covers derivative works.

Anyway, I wish you the best.

webmasterlabor.com, Jun 5, 2007 IP
  6. qwestcommunications

qwestcommunications Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As usual, ripping to shreds writers that are trying to make an honest living. There are lots of genuine writers that write for $5-10 a 400-500 word article. Sure, they will read up articles for purpose of research, but they will then write it in their own way.

qwestcommunications, Jun 5, 2007 IP
  7. ConstantContent

ConstantContent Banned

Best Answers:
    There is also software databases that colleges use to check for plagiarism... It puts copyscape to shame.

ConstantContent, Jun 5, 2007 IP
  8. xdimension

xdimension Peon

Best Answers:
    Ah okay, you use human editors to detect it, that makes sense. Thanks for explaining. :)

Yeah sure, wow I'm not supporting plagiarism here, stealing a copyrighted article is surely against copyright law. But if it is PLR articles with the license that allows derivative, then it wouldn't be a problem, right?

Thanks, you too. :)

Maybe, but for me and IMHO, copyscape is a proficient tool to check whether an article is duplicate or not and it's also a good tool to represent how Google will do the search (as what I know they're using Google to find the result).

xdimension, Jun 5, 2007 IP
  9. login

login Notable Member

Best Answers:
    And how often is Copyscape updated, they surely have not indexed the whole internet ?

login, Jun 5, 2007 IP
  10. shame126

shame126 Peon

Best Answers:
    yeah i asked for 10 original articles to be written but 9/10 i got back were all copied with a range from 3-25 results on copyscape :/

shame126, Jun 5, 2007 IP
  11. ConstantContent

ConstantContent Banned

Best Answers:
    They use googles index.

login likes this.
  12. ConstantContent

ConstantContent Banned

Best Answers:
    Yes but this would not protect you from a person stealing content from a magazine that is not online. Just think if you bought an article from someone that was taken from a well known well founded magazine that is not published online. Not good!

13. Creative Copywriting

Creative Copywriting Peon

Best Answers:
    Still, those articles must be listed as references. What it comes down to (for me) is the pride that a writer takes in their work. If someone has confidence and pride in their work there is no need to copy. Now I know that you can't really impart that to a client online, but eventually reputation will speak for itself.

I have huge issue with article spinning as I have seen literally hundreds of articles I wrote spun for reproduction and have little recourse. On the other hand, sometime they are downright funny and sound like they were written by someone with no grasp of the language and it's conventions. IMO when articles like this are spun it just reflects badly on whoever posted it. The punctuation is laughable and the grammar is a nightmare. If that is what they want to represent their product that's their gamble.

Creative Copywriting, Jun 5, 2007 IP
  14. webmasterlabor.com

webmasterlabor.com Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, that's why PLR articles exist. They give rewrite rights (the right to make derivative works) to purchasers. I'm talking about people taking existing articles and rewriting them without permission. The latter scenario can lead to a lawsuit.

webmasterlabor.com, Jun 5, 2007 IP
  15. stilloutthere

stilloutthere Peon

Best Answers:
    You certainly have a right to original material, but if you expect people to prepare a bibliography and provide extra documentation, then be questioned on everything they do, you have to pay them more than people generally get here.

stilloutthere, Jun 6, 2007 IP
  16. chrissie1101

chrissie1101 Peon

Best Answers:
    As I reading through this thread, I was waiting for someone to mention the "you may have to pay them more"....and I am just one of the lowly writers you all are talking about.

The problem with getting jobs on sites like this is originality and uniqueness is paramount for the buyer. There is not one job offer listed that does not request and even demand this. But noone wants to pay for it. The writers that are decent and doing this because they enjoy it, not for the quick $5 per article buck, are the ones that get ripped off.

Look at it from the perspective of the "honest" writer (who was not mentioned once in this discussion)
    -- fully capable and qualified to provide 100% original and creative work every single time but loses a job to some practical teenager who will take .000008 cents a word.

Instead of spending time trying to find out how to "catch" the scammers, spend this time looking for those quality writers. You will profit so much more in the long run.

chrissie1101, Jun 7, 2007 IP
    MaryMary likes this.
  17. ConstantContent

ConstantContent Banned

Best Answers:
    Well said!

ConstantContent, Jun 7, 2007 IP