1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Who is making under $5 a day with Adsense?

Discussion in 'Reporting & Stats' started by moneymakingguru, May 5, 2007.

?

What is your Average Earnings per day with Adsense?

1. Under $1

266 vote(s)
    50.8%
  2. Under $2

89 vote(s)
    17.0%
  3. Under $3

55 vote(s)
    10.5%
  4. Under $4

34 vote(s)
    6.5%
  5. Under $5

80 vote(s)
    15.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. keerap

keerap Active Member

Best Answers:
    Name: Mano
    URL: http://infopool.webverve.com
    Average earnings per day with Adsense: $3
    Visitors per day : 625
    How much time a week do you have to spend on improving: 15-20/hrs

keerap, Jun 4, 2007 IP
  2. moneymakingguru

moneymakingguru Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Just a quick one to say I have decided to stop doing reviews for people who pm me. I will only do reviews for people who post here. And give me the right information. If you cannot bother to give me the right information, dun expect me to give you a review.

Your Name:
    URL:
    Unique visitors a day:
    Average earnings per day with Adsense:
    How much time a week do you have to spend on improving:

Go back and read my last message!

moneymakingguru, Jun 4, 2007 IP
  3. mitcharr

mitcharr Notable Member

Best Answers:
    name: Jayden
    URL: Sexyalba.blogspot.com
    Unique Visitors a day: 120
    Average Earnings .16
    How much time a week do you have to spend on improving: 7 hours

lol i know its crappy, just started

mitcharr, Jun 4, 2007 IP
  4. moneydude

moneydude Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    keerap your page look very well too me, but i dont see any ADS.

moneydude, Jun 4, 2007 IP
  5. larrylarr

larrylarr Peon

Best Answers:
    Name: charles dennis
    URL: http://www.reverse-loans.net
    Average earnings per day with Adsense: $0.85
    Unique Views: 45-60 per day (only 3 weeks old)
    How much time a week do you have to spend on improving: 22 hours writing posts, adding directories, SEO

Any insight would be appreciated.

I do apolgize for not reading instructions clearly. :)

larrylarr, Jun 4, 2007 IP
  6. netstorm

netstorm Peon

Best Answers:
    Mr Websites the one thing you may find out with that placement is you will start losing your visitors. You should put them all into individual channels to see what is being clicked the most, then remove the rest. I was able to remove 3 of my ad placements, and by doing so the one that was getting 90% of the clicks actually ended up tripling my pay.

You must remember that adsense drops the expensive ads from the top left to the bottom right of the page, so if the ads below the games get clicked you may end up with 2%+, but your pay may be very poor.

Just remember you may get 10 dollars a day for a month with lots of ads, but if you lose users then you lose pay in the long run. It may be better to make 5 to 7 dollars a day with less ads.

Keep tweaking it, and make it look as good as possible. You have a great template so don't waste it.

netstorm, Jun 4, 2007 IP
  7. Mr. Websites

Mr. Websites Active Member

Best Answers:
    A higher earning at the expense of lost returning visitors was my concern as well. While I can’t disclose the exact figure due to Google’s TOS, the CTR does appear to be over 4% today. In regards to a neater Adsense placement, how do you guys believe the below integration would work out?

[​IMG]

Evidence of the amount of visitors I’m receiving or earnings? :) In either case, a screenshot of the figure of visitors for the preceding month is below.

[​IMG]

netstorm and moneymakingguru, let me know if you would like a sitewide link on my website. It's the least I can do for you guidance! I promise to take you guys for a spin as soon as I can afford a Lamborghini. :rolleyes:

Mr. Websites, Jun 4, 2007 IP
  8. moneymakingguru

Best Answers:
    What netstorm said is definitely a good advice, testing testing testing.. that's how i got the optimized ads formats and layouts. font colors etc.. And setting up channels is the way to do it. I will not share how to do it as it is really up to individual what you want to track etc.. but a rule of thumb, try new formats/layouts on highly trafficked pages. have up to 3 varieties to test on a streak of 7 days, and the 3 varieties, should have only 1 difference between each variety.

And once you got the best CTR in average of the 7 days, that format/layout will be your best for that test. Then move on to try another 3 varieties, with the last test's winner as the benchmark, and constantly try to beat that benchmark, week after week, and you will find your optimized format and layout then.

Now you know why i asked how many hours do you have a week to improve on the site???

Also netstorm I have to disagree with you on one point, You must remember that adsense drops the expensive ads from the top left to the bottom right of the page This point does not comply according to my testings, I done a test on one of my site, and it shows that (one ads on top and one below) the clicks on the bottom sometimes get $1.00+ clicks whereas the top ones sometimes gets me $0.07 clicks.. And its the same user, same page, same day. So I do not think this rule complies 100%. I think Google Adsense might be smarter than that nowadays.

Oh yea, btw, I have done a few tests on different sites now, and results seems to show that 2 Adsense ads blocks gives me the most optimum click earnings. Not 3 blocks. And adlinks click earnings are not very consistent, very unpredictable. I get $1.00+ clicks sometime but most of the time 1-9 cents... They are reallly low income producing for me at least. So they are like bonuses..

Hmmm... too much information for free now...

Mr Websites (first name?),
    I see your attempt for for changes. Test them and see how it work for you.

Adlinks are not my cup of tea.. well they are not the main course.. they are just bonuses.. so... you get my point.

I hope you understand that the purpose of putting 336 above the fold in the middle is to: "blatantly inform" the visitors, the existence of a product of services (in the ads), and if they are interested in them, then they will click on them.

This strategy will automatically increase CTR, hence more visitors will leave your site... that is part of your Adsense strategy. If they dun click on ads, they will probably stay at your site, but if they click on your ads, they leave, its very basic rules.

So what exactly is the one thing you want from these visitors???
    To click on ads and leave or to play your games and stay forever and ever?

Decide and know your strategy, you will be able to play it well...

Mr Websites, do you mind if you can do an intro via pm?? Thanks..

9. moneymakingguru

Best Answers:
    Hi Charles,
    Thank you for being patient with me.

Charles, if i have to be frank... your blog is a disaster...
    Reasons:
    i) you are using the default template to start with. There are millions of people using the same template.. Not special, people visit it and will feel the same way as i did, -- "Not again, this layout and common = not impressed, not impressed they leave." I think that is the 1st thing that comes to my mind. No offence.
    ii) the ads that you use are not only the worst formats, they are also placed very untidyly. Look at your adlinks... they are out of the template box...

My advice is, change template. Does not have to be posh and trendly. As long as it is clean and neat. Ideally white background. Dun use 468X60 and remember, dun pin too much hope on adlinks like i did. Adlinks display more ads = more clicks and more money ?? No it does not work in real life that way.. If you dun believe me, try it when you have high traffic... ( at least 1000 uniques a day ) Tell me the results too.

See if you can blend in ads with contents.. Read the entire thread and you will find essence of what i mean...

Hope this helps.. and as it is 1140pm now and i just got home, i m really really tired.. see you guys tomrw..

Allan

10. Adpubster

Adpubster Peon

Best Answers:
    Not to mention that putting adsense ads on a page like that is against TOS...where is the "content"?

Adpubster, Jun 4, 2007 IP
  11. ash1

ash1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    i have a few sites from adsense making under 5$ but thats cuz traffic is low

ash1, Jun 4, 2007 IP
  12. keerap

keerap Active Member

Best Answers:
    Name: Mano
    URL: http://infopool.webverve.com
    Average earnings per day with Adsense: $3
    Unique visitors per day : 625
    How much time a week do you have to spend on improving: 15-20/hrs

keerap, Jun 4, 2007 IP
  13. keerap

keerap Active Member

Best Answers:
    Ads are on article page. Click on any article, you will see google ads.

keerap, Jun 4, 2007 IP
  14. netstorm

netstorm Peon

Best Answers:
    Mr. Websites, check out my myspace games site in my signature. I increased my pay a lot with them below the games after not generating many clicks above the games. For some reason it seems people scroll down really quick because they want to play the game. I believe once they play the game or get bored they click the ads below it 90% more often then any other ads at least on my site.

If you want to exchange links that would be cool. I'll add you right now.

netstorm, Jun 4, 2007 IP
  15. moneymakingguru

Best Answers:
    Hi Mano,
    I will review your site as soon as i settle some matters today, i can foresee it to be a busy day, I need to be out for full day again today.. and tomrw. But i will review it.

16. moneydude

moneydude Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hello my name is jack
    My page is: unlimitDOTus
    My stats:
    Page impressions Clicks Page CTR Page eCPM [?] Earnings
    AdSense for Content top channels 38,105 107 0.28% $0.69 $26.24

Well is 26$ enoght for almost 40.000 impressions? I have ads almost evrywhere ... please tell me what to do to inprove my site thanks.

moneydude, Jun 5, 2007 IP
  17. Mr. Websites

Mr. Websites Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thank-you for the suggestions! I will take Allan's advice and experiment with a few placements, including placing the two '336x280' units below the games themselves and a '468x60' above. In either case, I have added a sitewide link to your website (with the anchor 'Myspace Games') on my arcade. A quick note - I awoke today to find my SERP at 75, and is at 66 when I checked again tonight for the term 'online games.' I am confident that I can eventually make it to the first page, which remains my goal. Thanks for the help guys, I will post again in a week to update you folks! :)

[​IMG]

Mr. Websites, Jun 5, 2007 IP
  18. moneymakingguru

Best Answers:
    Hi Mano,
    Would you consider doing a div tag align to left, and put a 336X280 just under each article's title??

And at the end of article, straight after the author's bio, another 336.

Adlinks does not work that well for me, but you can test and track it and see what kind of clicks are you getting, compared to the adsense clicks.

Homepage and category pages, maybe you can use adlinks, looks more natural like navigation, but then again, people who visit your site, abotu 65%-70% will be a webmaster, or owner, who will be probably very adsense savvy, not much clicks i guess.

I see your site doing link reviews, at $4.95/month, that is probably a better way of monestising. Webmaster related... try affiliate marketing too.

Hope this helps.

PS: very tired and weak today, will be back late evening tomrw.

moneymakingguru, Jun 5, 2007 IP
  19. Design1

Design1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for this post. It has actually made me rethink the way I'm placing my ads on my sites.
    :)

Design1, Jun 5, 2007 IP
  20. mgproudfit

mgproudfit Peon

Best Answers:
    I just PM'd you, but just saw youd rather me reply here, so here goes:

Your Name: Matt
    URL: www.rantravereds.blogspot.com
    Unique visitors a day: 20ish
    Average earnings per day with Adsense: .20-1.50
    How much time a week do you have to spend on improving: Entirely too much, about 20 hours.

Thanks,
    Matt

mgproudfit, Jun 5, 2007 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.