1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Copyscape results

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by sweetangel, May 21, 2007.

I'm hiring writers and I want to confirm if its correct.
    Once I test the article in copyscape and if there are results from other sites, it means it was being copied right?

And if it gives page unknown results, then it means it was original?

Please explain, thanks

sweetangel, May 21, 2007 IP
  2. findklik

findklik Peon

Best Answers:
    Copyscape will show you how many words has been copied? It doen't mean the articles has been copied totaly if copyscape show some results.

findklik, May 21, 2007 IP
  3. forumrating

forumrating Notable Member

Best Answers:
    you will have to get it done from writers with good reputation, dont test with low cost ones, you never know they mix up and just give away

forumrating, May 21, 2007 IP
  4. german_dude

german_dude Banned

Best Answers:
    copyscape is useless unless premium u can find many sister sites

german_dude, May 21, 2007 IP
  5. stilloutthere

stilloutthere Peon

Best Answers:
    I think you should look at the articles that were found. Similar subjects will have a lot of similar words and phrases (e.g. beautiful Hawaiian beaches). You might reject some good writers that aren't copying.

stilloutthere, May 21, 2007 IP
  6. sweetangel

sweetangel Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks! I have some writers found to be just copying a few paragraphs from wikipedia!

sweetangel, May 22, 2007 IP
  7. kentuckyslone

kentuckyslone Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, me too. I once had a writer create a 505 word article for me. Something like 200 words were exact copy - with the exception of one word here and there - of wikipedia (the same of which also appeared on three other sites). They swore over and over that they had never even used wikipedia or copied and pasted any part of the article.

Needless to say I had to do a lot of re-writing. The bad thing was that this wasnt one of those 1 cent per word writer's who you would expect this sort of thing from.

I can understand, and even overlook, how a few sentences here and there can be duplication by accident.

kentuckyslone, May 22, 2007 IP
  8. Philvault

Philvault Active Member

Best Answers:
    I do accept writing job and I always check my teams' work before passing it out to my client. Copyscape help in checking if it has been published before -- that is - the ones being published online.

One time copyscape had a trouble about google api or something. i think they are tapping on google too to search words or phrases.

Philvault, May 22, 2007 IP
  9. stilloutthere

stilloutthere Peon

Best Answers:
    I was doing some research the other day and found the same article, including some unique bad grammar, on both wikipedia and ask.com. Who do you think stole from whom?

stilloutthere, May 25, 2007 IP
  10. Kontent.solutions

Kontent.solutions Peon

Best Answers:
    Premium version of copyscape check helps a lot.

Ensure that what ever is delivered goes through a premium copyscape check.

~G

Kontent.solutions, May 25, 2007 IP
  11. FOX LORE

FOX LORE Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I agree premium is very indept and has help alot....

FOX LORE, May 25, 2007 IP
  12. ConstantContent

ConstantContent Banned

Best Answers:
    I just posted this message on another post and thought it might be helpful.

There are also many ways to get around copyscape... I wouldn't use that exclusively to check for original articles. We check every article before we approve it on Constant Content, with over 4000 writers we have seen it all.

Our best tool for plagiarism and content theft is our editors. Our editors check each article for proper English, if an article is pieced together or rewritten it doesn’t make sense or has many grammar related errors.

One thing we found out a long time ago is that some over seas writer companies will take content from magazines or encyclopedias that are not published online. Without giving away all our secretes we use software that professors use to check students work for plagiarism. It checks online sources as well as offline.

ConstantContent, May 27, 2007 IP
  13. marketjunction

marketjunction Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Copyscape is the idiot's version of protection. It tells you just about nothing. The only thing Copyscape is good for is telling you who are the absolute stupidest and laziest guppies in the pond. Past that, it's only good for wasting time--but so is Solitaire.

Hire pros in reputable countries with solid IP laws. That way you'll have a fighting chance at protecting yourself.

Hire non-pro writer from NoWherestan and you take a gamble. If your content infringes on copyright of another party, you can be instantly sued. No notice, no foreplay and no way out. You have no recourse.

When you're being sued for hundreds or thousands per item, you'll wish you'd done the job right to begin with.

But, it's a fool's world and I'm sure many will continue to play with fire and get burned.

marketjunction, May 27, 2007 IP
  14. FOX LORE

FOX LORE Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks guys for the information on copyscape. But now I'm more confuse on how to get writer to write original hand written articles instead of copy and paste one together. How do I explain that I want original unique articles to a writer. With all the articles shifting around is it Even possibility to get one that is unique. :confused:

FOX LORE, May 27, 2007 IP
  15. ConstantContent

ConstantContent Banned

Best Answers:
    Bottom line is there are always going to be scammers, its finding a good writer to work with that is not a scammer. Or use a service that checks this stuff for you. You get what you pay for when it comes to content, if it sounds to good to be true, it probably is.

ConstantContent, May 27, 2007 IP
  16. ir0n

ir0n Active Member

Best Answers:
    Ofcourse.
    Alot of people do a good job writing articles for us all by themselves, rather than steal certain paragraphs from different places - there are alot of these guys around.
    You just have to do a little research before you choose your writer, order one article, check if it suits your needs, check to see if it isnt copied from other places and so on.

Good luck.

ir0n, May 28, 2007 IP
  17. xdimension

xdimension Peon

Best Answers:
    Just explain that to your writer and tell that you will get refund when you found the article is a copy paste or ask the writer to recreate the article using their own sentence.

I think copyscape is a good tool to check your article and beside of that, do the search on SEs for parts of article. Of course this is a tedious work but you need to do it, even the article written by a pro isn't a 100% guarantee of uniqueness unless you really know the writer.

xdimension, Jun 3, 2007 IP
  18. Padawan

Padawan Peon

Best Answers:
    If copyscape does throw up duplicate results then it definitely pays to dig deeper - one of my blogs shows many clones of it's pages which turn out to simply be using the same template!

Padawan, Jun 3, 2007 IP
  19. webmasterlabor.com

webmasterlabor.com Peon

Best Answers:
    Copyscape is a great duplicate content identification tool. You should use it in conjunction to other duplicate detection scripts like the article checker and plagium.

As a general rule, always ask for the source links from your writers. I employ the following rule: No sources = no pay. Works like a charm :)

webmasterlabor.com, Jun 3, 2007 IP
    MaryMary likes this.
  20. webmasterlabor.com

webmasterlabor.com Peon

Best Answers:
    To prevent plagiarism, you need to tell your writer/content provider the following:

a) you will only accept custom researched materials
    b) they must provide a list of ALL sources for each article. No sources = no payment. Simple as that. You may also want to warn them regarding leaving real sources out.
    c) they must have a custom outline for each of their materials
    d) they must run all materials through copyscape and other duplicate content checkers
    e) the material must be useful to the end user--your site's readers. The analysis regarding article quality should begin with "Is it useful and effective?"

It also helps to tell them that you will not tolerate material that is merely rewritten or 'spun' by 'content automation' scripts or software. You must insist on fresh material written from scratch. Also, ask them to send the work to you in batches. Give a lot of clear detailed feedback on the first batch and ask that it be revised. Insist that your feedback be the quality guideline for all materials going forward from the time of the feedback. Finally, try to go with a COMPANY instead of an individual. A responsible and competent content provider company will assign an editor to your project along with a project manager. Each management level will have its own quality and originality checklist before passing materials through to the next level. Our company employs this two tiered system.

webmasterlabor.com, Jun 3, 2007 IP