1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to best monetize a webpage that gets 10,000 page views per day?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by hannesjohnson, May 30, 2007.

Let's say you have a webpage that gets about 10,000 page views per day.
    How would you best monetize that page? Like, what ad networks would you join, where would you put the ad units, would you sell text links, would you look for related products (with an affiliate program), etc.

The easiest thing would of course be to slap 3 AdSense units on that page. But then what - there must be a few other things you can do to increase the CPM...

Also, just out of curiosity - If you have a webpage that gets several thousand pageviews a day - what is your average CPM (approx.)? CPM varies between niches so if you have a site in the celebrity niche that should probably give me a better estimate.

All suggestions appreciated :)

- Hannes

hannesjohnson, May 30, 2007 IP
  2. jmafonseca

jmafonseca Peon

Best Answers:
    Really there are tens of options to monetize the pages. I'm not the best advisor for that.

What I can tell you though is that it is really easy to lose all those visitors if you choose the wrong affiliates and ad programs.

Be careful, choose relevant affiliates only with a good reputation and if possible dont link out to them from every single page.

Just my 2 cents worth.

jmafonseca, May 30, 2007 IP
  3. Xeron.seron

Xeron.seron Banned

Best Answers:
    There are several well known cpm programs out there that can get you $1-$2 per 1k impressions. If you just plug in 3 of those banners on each of your site pages, then you'd earn $30-$60 per day.

Xeron.seron, May 31, 2007 IP
  4. hannesjohnson

hannesjohnson Guest

Best Answers:
    Yeah, there are a lot of ways to monetize a page... I just wanted to see if anybody had any specific programs they could recommend - Hopefully in the "celebrity" niche.

Also, if anybody has experience in monetizing traffic from Google Images it would be great if they would be willing to share their "tricks" :)

- Hannes

hannesjohnson, May 31, 2007 IP
  5. me4you

me4you Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hard to say, you need to work 14 hours a day. then possible

me4you, May 31, 2007 IP
  6. hannesjohnson

hannesjohnson Guest

Best Answers:
    Yes, I've seen lists with a lot of different CPM programs... Have you experience with any CPM programs, anything you can recommend?

I'm currently trying out CPX Interactive but I'm getting a pretty low CPM (not even close to $1 per 1000 views).

- Hannes

7. hannesjohnson

hannesjohnson Guest

Best Answers:
    OK, I don't quite get that... do I need to work 14 hours a day monetizing a single webpage that I'm already getting traffic to?

- Hannes

8. eric8476

eric8476 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Clickbank has ebooks on a lot of things and you can earn 50% to 75% of the actual sale.

eric8476, May 31, 2007 IP
  9. hannesjohnson

hannesjohnson Guest

Best Answers:
    Aha, good idea - there are probably a few products in the celebrity niche over at ClickBank although I haven't see any before.

But I'm actually linking to a product I'm reselling and it's not converting that great. Probably because it's not 100% targeted to the type of traffic I'm getting right now.