1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Abortion, Good- Bad

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by diarmuid, May 30, 2007.

Ok, well I guess the title says it all really, I had a quick search, but couldn't find anything. I thought I would put it in Politics and Religion, because it is most often people's religion which controls their beliefs on things such as this and also this seems to be the place where there are all the threads on 'heavy' topics.

Personally, I would have to say that I am pro abortion. I believe that it is much better for a fetus, especially when it is at the stage where it cannot feel pain, than to grow up, possibly be fostered, possibly go through lots of care homes, or just be unwanted by its parents. Also it is up to the woman, she is the one that has to carry the child, and until the point that it is born, it is to some extent parasitical (I use that term loosle) as without the mother, for the greater part of time in the period of gestation it would not survive. That and every child has the right to be a wanted, loved and adored child, not to end up on the streets, homeless or in a life constantly in care homes.

What are everyone elses thought's?

diarmuid, May 30, 2007 IP
  2. Toopac

Toopac Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm anti-abortion, why?

When a woman & a man have sex they fully understand what can happen (baby wise) & have the opportunity to protect themselves from having an unwanted pregnancy, when they decided to make babies they should live with it. Most women open their legs at will & think having a baby is optional, it's not, sex is for reproducing & they are aware of that before hand.

Toopac, May 30, 2007 IP
  3. Jim4767

Jim4767 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Jim4767, May 30, 2007 IP
  4. seomagician

seomagician Guest

Best Answers:
    Abortion is bad and wrong.

Just have time to make a couple simple points.

It is generally better to be alive than dead.
    We have 2 adopted girls that were abandoned, left on the street and in an orphanage/foster care. They now have a great life. I think they would tell you to have the chance to get adopted was better than being dead. Dead gives you no choices and no chances for a better LIFE.

Your point about the woman making the choice:
    Let's say I have a sick teenager or a very sick parent in my care. Because the situation is a burden to me, does that make it anything less than murder if I kill them or have them killed?

If a baby that is born and is left in the street without care it will die. It needs a caretaker. So it is a "parisite" to that caretaker. Same goes for anyone that can't care for oneself. Guess what? If you kill that "parisite" it's called murder.

Maybe someday people will stop rationalizing this kind of thing.

seomagician, May 30, 2007 IP
  5. diarmuid

diarmuid Peon

Best Answers:
    If the baby was a product of rape... would you all still feel the same way?

And in my opinion people rationalise these things, because to some extent they need rationalising! For example you have called it murder, yet, for murder does the subject not first have to be fully alive?

diarmuid, May 30, 2007 IP
  6. Toopac

Toopac Peon

Best Answers:
    If the above happened, i would think the victim would be brave to keep the baby, but i would also understand her need of not wanting to go through with the pregnancy as it would most probably be too traumatic, in cases like this i believe the women should have a choice as she didn't choose to have any baby.

Toopac, May 30, 2007 IP
  7. seomagician

seomagician Guest

Best Answers:
    Pregnancy due to rape is a very very low percentage of the abortion stats. Abortion for convenience is a very high number.

If I believe life begins at conception then it is murder.

seomagician, May 30, 2007 IP
  8. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    I am pro-choice. I just despise how people want to make moral assumptions about how everyone should live there life and control what a woman can do with her own body. Abortion should be something that no person should ever take lightly, but I believe strongly it is my choice.

Rebecca, May 30, 2007 IP
  9. Adsenseking44

Adsenseking44 Banned

Best Answers:
    Bad. There can be no reason for an abortion. I only support abortion on one principle, if the women fell pregnant due to being raped. But for every other option i don't support abortions.

Adsenseking44, May 30, 2007 IP
  10. SolutionX

SolutionX Peon

Best Answers:
    I think abortion is murder, and a woman does not have the right to kill her baby once it comes out, so why should they while it's inside? I don't believe we really know the exact moment that life begins from science or religion, so do you really want that on your hands if life does begin at conception? I'm gonna go hardline here and not even make an exception for rape victims. I realize how tough that would be, but I don't think killing it would be the best way to reduce trauma. That is a tough one, but just something in the back of my head says there's no excuse to kill someone unless it's to stop someone from killing you or someone else in an emergency.

If you're born a conjoined twin, you don't have the right to kill the other twin even though they are parasitic of you. (to answer the argument of a woman's right to her own body)

Then there are people who say making it illegal would just force women to have dangerous homemade abortions. That's like saying murder should be legal because then, at least the murderer wouldn't have to risk falling down and hurting themselves while running away from the crime.

So basically, I'm pro-life lol, all the way.

SolutionX, May 30, 2007 IP
  11. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Yeah, to hell with the rape victim she must be forced to carry her rapists baby inside her for 9 months because we are so moral and we will decide what is good for all...

Rebecca, May 31, 2007 IP
  12. Arnie

Arnie Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm against abortion.

there are probably millions of couples who can't have children and who would like to adobt.

The selfish attitude from those who do abortion is just outrageous. Even if they were offered and guatranteed the best treatment for their babies, they rather still have them killed.

These are issues of murderous characters (the majority who do abortions), rather then a decison of health concerns, results of rape and the more.

Arnie, May 31, 2007 IP
  13. jdR!pper

jdR!pper Peon

Best Answers:
    It's evil! There's no question about that. :mad:

--Joe

jdR!pper, May 31, 2007 IP
  14. kentuckyslone

kentuckyslone Notable Member

Best Answers:
    What I think it sort of strange is that if somoene killes a woman who is pregnant they can be convicted of two murders.

How can it be said that an unborn baby is murdered in this situation while at the same time saying that abortion is OK?

I am pro choice - A woman should have the choice whether or not she gets pregnant. While I understand that there are some extreme circumstances where an abortion may be called for I feel that a high 90s percentage ar just for convenience.

I hear some women saying things like "I am responsible for my own body and should be able to do what I want with it" Well, if they are responsible for their own body then why all the unwanted pregnancies?

kentuckyslone, May 31, 2007 IP
  15. PB4UGO2BED

PB4UGO2BED Banned

Best Answers:
    Normally I´m against it, but there´re two reasons where I´d support it:

- Women being raped...
    - Accident! Altough you use condoms and/or pills it can happen that you become pregnant.

In that case you should have the right to abort.

PB4UGO2BED, May 31, 2007 IP
  16. bfebrian

bfebrian Peon

Best Answers:
    good if only
    the baby somehow can put the mother in dangerous situation.
    the doctor found something wrong with the baby, and dangerous to continue.

other than that... BAD.

bfebrian, May 31, 2007 IP
  17. sachin410

sachin410 Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with that completely.

IMO, it is equivalent of a murder...I consider a baby living, even when it is attached to its mother.

sachin410, May 31, 2007 IP
  18. diarmuid

diarmuid Peon

Best Answers:
    I fully agree with those two points, though the second one, is one that seems to be overlooked quite often.

What if the baby was concieved accidentally, by a woman who was about 55? Surely then that would be unfair on the baby to have such old parents, and the parents wouldn't be able to cope with such a thing...?

diarmuid, May 31, 2007 IP
  19. d16man

d16man Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    SC now requires that all women who want an abortion to have an ultrascan (the 4-d one), so that they see the baby's face. I think that law is starting effective July 1, so it will be interesting to see if that lowers the abortion rate.

d16man, May 31, 2007 IP
  20. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Abortion is the women choices and no one else. It doesn't matter if who ever thinks is moral or not. The simple fact remains that it can not survive outside of the woman body and nobody should be forced to do anything against their will including carryting a child.

Also if the abortion becomes illegal, there will be too many people who have grown up in trailer parks as the result of their poor mother getting knocked up in the back of a car by accident which is not good since we don't need more "Republicans" in this world. :D

gworld, May 31, 2007 IP