1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Where do you sell articles/content?

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by zac439, Apr 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jhmattern

jhmattern Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    "Content" because it's already pre-written. "Content Creation" would be more if you're writing something custom (it's not written yet, so it's a service and not a product). Copywriting is just for talking about effective writing, and not a part of the advertising area.

jhmattern, May 8, 2007 IP
  2. ConstantContent

ConstantContent Banned

Best Answers:
    You need to understand the site to make money, we sell over 2000 articles a month so is not lack of activity. Also once our editors know the writer approval times are quicker. We have writers that make a full time living off CC.

ConstantContent, May 27, 2007 IP
  3. zac439

zac439 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Nice to see a reply from the company itself!

I can understand how well known authors might get a little special treatment, but you should find a way for new writers to become integrated into your site. The almost week long waiting period made me consider other ways of selling my content.

I may give your service another try. It seems the request menu gets a lot of traffic. Maybe I should start there?

zac439, May 27, 2007 IP
  4. Danny Bourne

Danny Bourne Peon

Best Answers:
    I submit direct to magazines and newspapers or contact PR agencies and then show them my tearsheets. Because of that I have a job interview tomorrow for an agency that pays c$92,000 pa. Can't complain.

Danny Bourne, May 28, 2007 IP
  5. ConstantContent

ConstantContent Banned

Best Answers:
    They don't get special treatment, the editors that approve articles know them and the writing. It also can depend on how many submissions we have that day. Just remember the approval process is first come first serve so if your articles are not approved for a request, then neither are others writers articles. This give you the same chance as long as you respond quickly.

Its not for every writer, our editors are very strict and some writers have a big problem with this. If your writing is solid and you follow the guidelines you should do fine. Our long term writers have clients that go back 2 years if you stick around and respond to requests you could land one of those clients.

My advice is sign up to get notified of new requests and look at the buyer rating of the requester if you don't want to take a chance. Even if the person doesn't buy the article you have a "portfollio" of sorts on the site... Customers look for subjects and writers and submit private requests all the time because they see you write on the subject and like your articles.

Good luck!

ConstantContent, May 28, 2007 IP
  6. jmousseau

jmousseau Banned

Best Answers:
    I will never work with Constant Content again, not only did they suspend my account for no reason, but they took months to respond to my emails about receiving payment for the article that I did sell, then they shorted me money and were very rude!!

NO PROPERS FOR CC here.... BEWARE WRITERS!

jmousseau, May 28, 2007 IP
  7. ConstantContent

ConstantContent Banned

Best Answers:
    Your account was suspended for submitting articles asking exclusive and fullrights price when the articles were previously published on Associate Content. You did this many times and the reason we "Shorted your account" was because we had to refund a clients money.

Clients expect to have exclusive rights when buying exclusive of full rights licenses. We have all the records of this I can even tell you the articles names... We protect our writers as well as our customers and if you don’t follow simple rules your account will be removed.

8. ConstantContent

ConstantContent Banned

Best Answers:
    This is a perfect example of a writer not taking the time to learn the system and not looking at rejection emails. Writers that don't read a FAQ, or that don't read the writer tutorial don't understand how the site works. Then they get upset when we suspend the account.

She probably doesn't even realize we take a cut from articles sold...

9. MaryMary

MaryMary Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I will be the first one to say that Constant Content is a great place to sell quality articles. They have a wonderful website that has been currently updated a few months ago to make it even easier to use.

Their forum is full of quality writers waiting to answer your questions about anything, all you have to do is ask

Yes they have tough editors, but that's what makes it a great place for buyers of web content to know they will be getting good quality articles that are original to them.

jmousseau--sorry you didn't make the cut at Constant Content...they have really high paying gigs, you just have to follow the submission guidelines and not copy from somewhere else or submit errors in your article. And, you do know that they keep 35% of each article sold, so you just have to price your articles accordingly. Maybe that's why you feel short changed. It clearly states the percentages in many places of your author account at CC.

I personally enjoy selling articles of 500 words in the $40 range, it makes it all worth while.

Keep up the good work Constant Content!

MaryMary, May 28, 2007 IP
    ConstantContent likes this.
  10. ConstantContent

ConstantContent Banned

Best Answers:
    Thanks Mary!

11. Danny Bourne

Danny Bourne Peon

Best Answers:

Is $40 for 500 words considered a high rate? The lowest I've been paid is $125 for 500 words and that was FSBR too. I get 20% on secondary usage rights.

Danny Bourne, May 29, 2007 IP
  12. MaryMary

MaryMary Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    WOW that's great for you Danny! Is that for print magazines? I remember reading about you with Sammie's endorsement somewhere on DP and I think that's what I remember you saying.

Anyway, yes for me, a person who just broke into freelance writing a few months back, it is a good rate compared to what other people are producing web content for.

Thanks for the inspiration!

Oh and on Constant Content, there are alot of higher paying writing requests, I just don't have the knowledge to write on them and I refuse to give someone crappy content because I'm not familiar enough with the topic.

Mary

MaryMary, May 29, 2007 IP
    jhmattern and commandos like this.
  13. jhmattern

Best Answers:
    For somewhat generic Web content (not from an expert perspective, but rather just research-based alone and dealing more with SEO writing than much else), it's considered a pretty high rate in many cases. Rates are subjective in that sense... $125 is extremely low for certain markets (including in Web writing) and would be considered extremely high for many of the writers here.

jhmattern, May 29, 2007 IP
    MaryMary likes this.
  14. ConstantContent

ConstantContent Banned

Best Answers:
    Depends on the subject... If the subject is DIY backyard landscapping, it wouldn't cost as much as an article on Matter & Energy.

ConstantContent, May 30, 2007 IP
    zac439 likes this.
  15. chaser

chaser Peon

Best Answers:
    You should try selling your articles through WSO
    (Warrior Special Offer) in the Warriorforum. ;)

chaser, Jun 2, 2007 IP
  16. zac439

zac439 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The design of WSO is annoying.

I don't like what I've seen of them. Anyone else have a second opinion of WSO?

zac439, Jun 2, 2007 IP
    MaryMary likes this.
  17. Courtknee

Courtknee Peon

Best Answers:
    I've had a few successful WSOs...one was prewritten articles, and the other was offering article writing services. It did in a pinch!

Courtknee, Jun 14, 2007 IP
  18. jhmattern

Best Answers:
    I probably wouldn't do it again. Like you Zac, I really don't like their design and navigation, so it's really hard for me to actually want to stay there much. I do really well right here on DP by simply offering sales on services or content (ebooks, plr, etc.) from time to time.

jhmattern, Jun 14, 2007 IP
  19. thackeragency

thackeragency Peon

Best Answers:
    "I have tried associatedcontent.com, and have only recently discovered how to make good money with them. They favor certain subjects immensely."

You'll have to forgive me as I am learning just as you are. I've been selling health insurance online now for a while, but need some supplemental income now that the big boys are taking much of my traffic.

Could you let me know what the best topics are? And what would you consider 'good money'? 1000/month, 200/month? everything helps, but before I put a lot of effort into anything, I do research.

I'm learning a lot from my short time on DP and appreciate the information provided here. What topics will pay the best for articles, and what size article is the optimal? Thank you.

thackeragency, Jun 15, 2007 IP
  20. jhmattern

Best Answers:
    No such thing. If you choose a topic for the money as it is now, you'll set yourself up for failure. Write on something you're passionate about so you'll stick with it through the ups and downs... solid business models think about more than the short term. A hot keyword today could be completely worthless tomorrow.

jhmattern, Jun 15, 2007 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.