1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Owner of Lexcorps.com?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by SasaVtec, May 28, 2007.

Hey,

Anyone know who the a hole owner is of this directory Lexcorps.com for obvious reasons we don't want to send a holes traffic. If he/she is a member here, please link me to the profile, or if he/she is a member on another forum, would love a link as well or an e-mail, or maybe an MSN, or YIM.

**TO OWNER: If you want to be shown respect, then place my links back or remove my template from you server, if this is not done in the next 24 hours, HostGator will be receiving a letter from my lawyer, GoDaddy will get one as well.

Best Regards

SasaVtec, May 28, 2007 IP
  2. jl255

jl255 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    just curious, how do u guys track your templates? How do you know where it has been used? Is it deliberate tracking or accidental?

jl255, May 28, 2007 IP
    Freewebspace likes this.
  3. MeetHere

MeetHere Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Thats a nice find.

I am also sponsoring templates and make them available for free use..

I would also like to know How you catch those link removers ??

MeetHere, May 28, 2007 IP
    hsaleem likes this.
  4. SasaVtec

SasaVtec Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Well every day I go through my referrals in awstats and even check out the single referral sites, sometimes it will be a site using ur template sometimes not, other times ill check out the new directory list on directorycritic.com every monday find a few here and there using my template, but today I was in the hospital all day, had surgery last night, was in ICU most of last 2 days, came back home, and had a not written by my PC, said an0n send message @ this time and a website link, visited saw that.

But you also get nice people who will report the a holes who remove link backs.

5. jl255

jl255 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    checking thru referral stats is a good approach, will try that out, tks sasa. Hope you are feeling better :)

jl255, May 28, 2007 IP
  6. currenz

currenz Peon

Best Answers:
    User gets a quality FREE template -> Sponsor gets backlink ->
    Template designer gets business

It is a win(user)-win(sponsor)-win(designer) business model. Designer find more sponsors and release more templates. The user will in turn enjoy more free templates. Keeping the footer link protects the interest of user, sponsor and designer.

Unfortunately some people do not share the same business view. They have no respect for other people's hard work. They do not value he/her credibility and honesty at all.

currenz, May 28, 2007 IP
  7. Richie_Ni

Richie_Ni Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    I'm seeing a contact form,why not contact the owner?

Richie_Ni, May 28, 2007 IP
  8. SasaVtec

SasaVtec Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I did, but no answer, after I sent the e-mail I went back to homepage and it looked diff. so he/she was working on it.

9. charlesgan

charlesgan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    so you discover it by accident.
    his unlucky day :D

charlesgan, May 28, 2007 IP
  10. jl255

jl255 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    think i had it worse..... a student put up my template on an .edu domain!! but she somehow manage to screw up my URL such that it became herdomain.edu/mydomain.com :(

treated my friendly post to ask her to correct it as spam and removed it. No 'contact me' form on the page..... heart-pain

jl255, May 28, 2007 IP
  11. Richie_Ni

Richie_Ni Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    I guess mine is the worst!!
    I released a wordpress theme a few days back ,someone removed the link (there's only ONE link though) and installed it in a GOV. domain!!
    You know,it's harder to get a backlink from gov then .edu!! :mad:

Richie_Ni, May 28, 2007 IP
  12. jl255

jl255 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    haha, okok, u win..... for having the worse experience :p

jl255, May 28, 2007 IP
  13. shutzu

shutzu Active Member

Best Answers:
    I kept thinking about a way to watch for your templates.. and the best way I could find in my mind was that you can link from inside the template to a image on your server, in the moment user loads the template.. it appears in your awstats..
    probably everyone, or at least 90% first loads the template and after that starts modifying it.
    load a blank 1X1px gif somewhere in the main.tpl since a "a hole" will first look in sidebar and footer...

shutzu, May 28, 2007 IP
  14. khushal

khushal Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I hate people doing that, at first they take the free stuff that was a result of tiring efforts , investment by the people in sponsorships and then a free release... and in the end these kinda people would come up and use them on there website for free without even giving the credibility to the designers and the sponsors who made it for them for free just asking for a link back to them....

These people truly suck , one of my close mate released 2-3 Phpld templates<probably the very first free templates i think, way back in 2005 i guess> they were used by hundereds of directories but some of them <some of which even got PR 5 and 6) removed there links.... its insane!!!

khushal, May 28, 2007 IP
  15. MeetHere

MeetHere Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    That would be one way for phpld templates..

But is there any way to monitor wordpress themes ??

MeetHere, May 28, 2007 IP
  16. an0n

an0n Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    The owner submitted to my Bidding Web Directory (and of course i visit the sites that are submitted) and lo and behold removed my links. *sigh*

an0n, May 28, 2007 IP
    hsaleem likes this.
  17. Lex350

Lex350 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Not wasting my time defending myself but Ive been hosting websites for 7 years now. Just cause my site looks like one of your templetes don't mean it is.
    Ever heard of save page as, you can get the css file and images of just about any website. Most of my sites ideas came from someone else. O well, so I used some of your images and your css file, so what. Half of the items in my site I had to pay for the script so I don't know what your talking about. None of this was free.

*sigh* you got your money, what are you crying about ^

Edit, call your lawyers, I'm in the biz, you have no proof that I stole from you and you have nothing in writing, lol

Lex350, May 28, 2007 IP
    smub likes this.
  18. malcolm1

malcolm1 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    thx for posting

im sure this is a case closed already as you just implicated yourself and confessed

malcolm1, May 28, 2007 IP
    hsaleem likes this.
  19. smub

smub Notable Member

Best Answers:
    lmao what an idiot .. Sasa need any help getting this site down .. send a pm this way because i can prove that template is yours ...

and it is very good to know that you are a professional ripper Lex350

and good thing that i took the ss of this thread right here ... saying

There is a thing called Save As ... and he saved some of your images and css file which = stealing

i have heard of dumbasses and idiots ... but you have broken the line of idiocity and entered yourself in the land of nobrain ! and you are the only one there !!!

Script = paid ... design = free if u follow tos ... how is design similar to the script ??

look at the default one idiot ... and compare to this one ... Sasa did an awesome job with this design and i kno how much does a designer put in to make one design ..

The only thing you changed was the logo ...

and in changing what you were trying to make seems like it is yours ..

you messed up the codes so now that it is a broken layout ...

Sasa if you need anything else shoot some pm this way !!!

smub, May 28, 2007 IP
    compostannie likes this.
  20. NeoGen

NeoGen Writer

Best Answers:
    Awesome, and thanks for letting us know..

Also, just interested to know that, PHPLD script that you are using, how much have you paid for the same, is it $25 or $75 or $0

Thanks

NeoGen, May 28, 2007 IP