1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Annual Fees Rock; One-Off Fees are for the Quick Buck Crew

Discussion in 'Directories' started by onlinedude, May 20, 2007.

1. SasaVtec

SasaVtec Notable Member

Best Answers:
    grow up boy, if you haven't noticed you just make trouble, because you are full or yourself, you think you are right all the time, about everything. If that was you who gave me red rep, please leave your name with the comment, I do it, its not big deal.

SasaVtec, May 21, 2007 IP
    iceberg likes this.
  2. wwws

wwws Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I have given 1 Red rep since I registered.....Believe me I had gotten one too.

Want a screenshot of my rep?....brb

Edit: [​IMG]

wwws, May 21, 2007 IP
    jetbrains likes this.
  3. SasaVtec

SasaVtec Notable Member

Best Answers:
    no need for a SS, unlike you I believe and trust people, mine said HAHAHA~STFU ur NOT better THEN ME

4. wwws

wwws Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You'll need to accept the fact that, you can't always be like by every body sasa. Besides, no body likes a follower, create your own destiny and stop sniffing someone else's B_ _ _ so that the shine gets reflected on you, makes you look cheap, which could only mean a failure later;)

wwws, May 21, 2007 IP
  5. pctec

pctec Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I need to keep a notepad of who likes who around here because I just cant keep it straight anymore ;)

Wow this thread got big fast... I have to stop napping in the afternoon :D
    Maybe I'm just getting old and require nappies :D

pctec, May 21, 2007 IP
    popotalk likes this.
  6. Velocity

Velocity Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I do not know how sure you are, but the reason I asked this is because I did actually take time to review stats for one of my sites listed in aviva:

For the past three months I did not have a single click to my site from Aviva, from directory listing or admin panel. I would assume that if someone from Aviva was reviewing the site he would come from the directory itself.

I don't usually participate in this kind of threads unless I have a strong reason, but the title of this thread did piss me off a bit, so I felt an urge to do and say something.

So we are all here arguing and attacking each other, where original thread poster seems to have little to no interested in this thread. Therefore, I do agree with wwws that this was probably a link bait thread which just annoys me even more.

I don't have anything against annual charges and you should do whatever works the best for you. But then do not accuse other people of being "QBC" just to bring more attention to your own directory.

Velocity, May 21, 2007 IP
    enQuira and iceberg like this.
  7. Freewebspace

Freewebspace Notable Member

Best Answers:
    one red is compensated by two green reps its okay!

Freewebspace, May 21, 2007 IP
  8. Antonio

Antonio Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Personally, I agree with John, all my directories offer one-time-fee for regular link, but every directory owner has his own business. We can not say this is not successful or that is successful.

What we can see now these 2 kinds of directory are successful. Maybe we could be back to this topic some year later. ;)

Antonio, May 21, 2007 IP
    iceberg likes this.
  9. jetbrains

jetbrains Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If the directories that charge annual fees can bring both PR and traffic to my site, I will buy links from them for sure.

jetbrains, May 21, 2007 IP
    iceberg likes this.
  10. Antonio

Best Answers:
    I think few directories would bring you traffic even dmoz or yahoo ;)

Antonio, May 21, 2007 IP
  11. Antonio

Best Answers:
    Same point here, Aviva button on v7n forum would charge for $700 per month which most directories would not pay for that spot. :)

Some money spreaded and some more money in ;)

Opps, make 2 posts, can mods consolidate the 2 posts..

Antonio, May 21, 2007 IP
  12. iceberg

iceberg Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Directories need constant promotion. For that you need regular flow of $$$. That's why I think yearly submission is a wiser choice for us. :)

iceberg, May 21, 2007 IP
  13. Antonio

Best Answers:
    I see your point, and I have an idea, should we make the regular submission fee lower and non-refundable like yahoo? I think aviva directory is strong enough to do that. :)

Antonio, May 21, 2007 IP
  14. SasaVtec

SasaVtec Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Follower, come on now, you obviously dont know me, I come up with all my own ideas, I may not be able to code mods, but I try my best to find people that understand the script. If you think I am following someone like an0n or someone else, thats not even close to being true, having respect for someone and his/her work and me following them is not the same. Get your Facts Straight! and seriously grow up.

15. solidghost

solidghost Peon

Best Answers:
    Wait just one minute, didn't Aviva Directory itself offered one time inclusion fee before?

solidghost, May 22, 2007 IP
  16. wwws

wwws Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I believe they switch to the annual a few months ago. Personally I really don't give a hoot whether it be yearly or permanent, I would most likely stay way with an annual-base directories, unless it has been proven to send you some traffic.

Check the listing within the yearly directory and see the stats. If 1 hits in 3 month, this indicates that your much better of submitting to a permanent and half the cost directory.

wwws, May 22, 2007 IP
  17. loredan

loredan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Who? When? Aviva? naah... they were not QBC... :D

(Of course they did) ... some people do have short memory :p

loredan, May 22, 2007 IP
  18. adnan

adnan Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with you fully.

Without any doupt in my mind, and since the start of Linkspub, alot of people told (without mentioning any names) told us to change our directory to a 1 time fee and we will get tons of submissions.

I always replied, with 'to maintain a quality directory' the fee has to be recurring.

1 quality directory holds more strength then hundreds of crappy ones.

I mean as your directory gets older, more & more people know about it. A 10 year old directory has been in business for a long time compared to a site which just started up.

Sites listed need to be reviewed repeatedly. Checked & monitored.

I don't think the directories which charge a 1 time fee will be around 4 - 5 years from now. There just trying to make a quick buck and run.

thats pretty much my opinion

adnan, May 22, 2007 IP
  19. maldives

maldives Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    One time payment does not mean that the directory is "crappy". I also dont think charging a recurring fee proves that the directory is maintained very well or is top classs.

maldives, May 22, 2007 IP
    hsaleem likes this.
  20. loredan

loredan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I wonder how you will know what's gonna be in 5-10 years time? It might not be google at all or directories at all...the internet might be totally different from now. How many directories were 10 or 15 years ago and who was able to say 10 years ago that the internet will be as it is today?
    I think the story with annual fees for a long term directory is just an excuse to grab money year by year.
    Sorry, just my two cents...

loredan, May 22, 2007 IP